post Jan 11 2018, 01:38 PM, updated 3y ago

34 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
lsm1991
post Jan 11 2018, 01:40 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

QUOTE(bmt261a @ Jan 11 2018, 01:38 PM)
hi guys, my sis myvi got this new problem... this past 6 month change 3 car battery already  bangwall.gif  due to forgot to turn off headlight.

Usually , my sis myvi (2008 model) sure got sound if forgot to turnn off headlight... now no sound.. what to check or change? is it blown fuse?

3 car battery in 6 month is a very heafty price tag to pay  icon_question.gif
why on earth do you change the battery when its flat... just charge the bloody thing

theres a beeper under the dash somewhere (or might be middle) go find it and see if theres power going through
TSbmt261a
post Jan 11 2018, 01:50 PM

34 posts

well my sis and and i a newbie to this autoworld... most of the time if repairman cheat also donno.. :sad:
SUSNew Klang
post Jan 11 2018, 03:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,998 posts

Just recharge the battery if it is less than 2 years as the electrodes are still thick.
TSbmt261a
post Jan 11 2018, 04:04 PM

34 posts

thanks bro for the tips

i found this info here although is not myvi but same problem like my sis myvi, hope this help other myvi owner too.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/t897150-ho...ed_working.html

user posted image
based on reading on the link above, it got to do with this black plunger (donno what the name) near the door that some how need to be check or replace

i post again if i find more solution

This post has been edited by bmt261a: Jan 11 2018, 04:14 PM
SleeplessEyes
post Jan 11 2018, 04:23 PM

I'm me bro, let me be me
2,390 posts

Luckily my Axia is smarter.
If i leave my small lamp or headlamp on
The moment i take out my keys and open the door..the headlamp will auto turn off.

But even when i manually turn on the headlamp my Axia will sound an alarm.
theanswer
post Jan 11 2018, 05:33 PM

Regular
1,024 posts

hi guys, my sis myvi got this new problem... this past 6 month change 3 car battery already  bangwall.gif  due to forgot to turn off headlight.

Usually , my sis myvi (2008 model) sure got sound if forgot to turnn off headlight... now no sound.. what to check or change? is it blown fuse?

u have some serious memory problem. not the car. doh.gif
noobiedonkey
post Jan 11 2018, 05:41 PM

Enthusiast
810 posts

sorry to say if you change 3 batt in 6 months, you're just plain stupid. New batt got 1 year warranty. Just claim warranty.
voncrane
post Jan 12 2018, 05:27 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

Not sure if trolling or what.. Just don't take offense at the truth. Here goes...

As long as it's not the car that switches on the lights on its own despite being in the off position....No, your sister's Myvi does not have a problem.. Your sister is THE problem. YDI, she deserves to pay the prices of the batteries. Also, if she can't even remember to check for obvious things like the lights still being on, bet she forgets other things too..like say, not using the indicator signal before turning or forgetting to switch it off after using.. doh.gif.. Please get her off the road as being dubbed a driver goes beyond knowing how to move the car from A to B.
eddievh
post Jan 12 2018, 12:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,060 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Jan 12 2018, 05:27 AM)
Not sure if trolling or what.. Just don't take offense at the truth. Here goes...

As long as it's not the car that switches on the lights on its own despite being in the off position....No, your sister's Myvi does not have a problem.. Your sister is THE problem. YDI, she deserves to pay the prices of the batteries. Also, if she can't even remember to check for obvious things like the lights still being on, bet she forgets other things too..like say, not using the indicator signal before turning or forgetting to switch it off after using.. doh.gif.. Please get her off the road as being dubbed a driver goes beyond knowing how to move the car from A to B.
Once bitten twice shy. 3rd time kena memang really don't know what to say.
amad108
post Jan 12 2018, 01:49 PM

too much of something is bad enough
998 posts

QUOTE(SleeplessEyes @ Jan 11 2018, 04:23 PM)
Luckily my Axia is smarter.
If i leave my small lamp or headlamp on
The moment i take out my keys and open the door..the headlamp will auto turn off.

But even when i manually turn on the headlamp my Axia will sound an alarm.
Most newer model after axia, all will automatically turn OFF iinm.. not sure the myvi icon.. but new myvi also the same..
firefly3x
post Mar 18 2019, 09:26 AM

Getting Started
74 posts

Same here. My myvi used to have notification sound if forgot to turn off headlamps. Now it is not working anymore, dunno why.
TSbmt261a
post Mar 19 2019, 10:46 AM

34 posts

QUOTE(firefly3x @ Mar 18 2019, 09:26 AM)
Same here. My myvi used to have notification sound if forgot to turn off headlamps. Now it is not working anymore, dunno why.
if u found solution , do share with me .. too costly if forgot to turn off light bangwall.gif
mushigen
post Mar 19 2019, 10:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,502 posts

Learned from this thread that the headlight-on reminder is not needed because people won't forget to switch off the headlights, ever. It seems, those who need the chime are not fit to drive.
abubin
post Mar 19 2019, 05:53 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

This is good example of people being to reliance on technologies. I have been driving cars for over 20 years but I have never forgot to turn off the head light. Not even once. That is even without any of these prompt or beeping reminders.

The headlight is bright when you get out from your car, how can anyone miss that is beyond me.
firefly3x
post Mar 26 2019, 09:47 AM

Getting Started
74 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ Mar 19 2019, 05:53 PM)
This is good example of people being to reliance on technologies. I have been driving cars for over 20 years but I have never forgot to turn off the head light. Not even once. That is even without any of these prompt or beeping reminders.

The headlight is bright when you get out from your car, how can anyone miss that is beyond me.
AS for my case in the past, i turned on the small lamps during a rainy day. And my car meter panel light is always on regardless if the headlamps are on or not. Thus there is a difficulty knowing if the lamps are turned on or not. There was once when i forgot to turn on the lamps during a rainy day too when i newly bought the car as i thought it was already turned on.
unitron
post Mar 26 2019, 10:25 AM

W1(R)3d
2,718 posts

Jom ketawa ramai-ramai laugh.gif

How can kena 3rd time in 6 months... she pay or TS the one pay for the battery.
The person whose pocket affected normally won't forget so fast.

Or maybe TS sis earns the big bucks, battery replacement not a problem. Starbucks monthly bill also more.
TSbmt261a
post Mar 26 2019, 10:50 AM

34 posts

QUOTE(unitron @ Mar 26 2019, 10:25 AM)
Jom ketawa ramai-ramai  laugh.gif

How can kena 3rd time in 6 months... she pay or TS the one pay for the battery.
The person whose pocket affected normally won't forget so fast.

Or maybe TS sis earns the big bucks, battery replacement not a problem. Starbucks monthly bill also more.
well.. lesson learn for her... hope for future no need to buy 3 battery in 6 month rclxms.gif
WinterAngeLs
post Mar 27 2019, 02:12 PM

Getting Started
141 posts

If you don't glance back multiple times at your car after you've park it, you've bought the wrong car.

Problem solved
abubin
post Mar 27 2019, 02:18 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

QUOTE(firefly3x @ Mar 26 2019, 09:47 AM)
AS for my case in the past, i turned on the small lamps during a rainy day. And my car meter panel light is always on regardless if the headlamps are on or not. Thus there is a difficulty knowing if the lamps are turned on or not. There was once when i forgot to turn on the lamps during a rainy day too when i newly bought the car as i thought it was already turned on.
Understand but you still depend too much on the sound to alert you. Even after you manage to fix the sound, do still make it a habit to switch off the light before you turn off the car ignition.

Same thing like you switch off the air cond before you kill the car engine. That is a good habit as it makes the aircond compressor last longer.

So short version is:
- stop car
- switch off aircond
- switch off light
- turn off ignition

Then again, if it's new car with "auto light" then it will be a bit problem. LOL...good luck man. Hope you don't replace battery 4th time.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0191sec    0.15    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:54 AM