16 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

RTS Total War: THREE KINGDOMS, Total War: THREE KINGDOMS

views

TSaliesterfiend
post Jan 11 2018, 07:16 AM, updated 5y ago

Red Dragon
1,193 posts

New Total War historical title. A bit disappointed as it's not during the earlier 7 warring states period though but as long as it's no longer Europe based map I guess I'm game. rclxms.gif

Some of earlier comments from regular Total War Youtubers.

TOTAL WAR: THREE KINGDOMS - The Next Major Historical Total War - Cinematic Trailer!
The year is 190CE. China is in turmoil. The Han Dynasty crumbles before the child-emperor. He is but a figurehead; a mere puppet for the tyrant warlord Dong Zhuo. It is a brutal and oppressive regime, and as Dong Zhuo’s power grows, the empire slips further into the cauldron of anarchy. But hope yet blossoms.

Three heroes, sworn to brotherhood in the face of tyranny, rally support for the trials ahead. Scenting opportunity, warlords from China’s great families follow suit, forming a fragile coalition in a bid to challenge Dong Zhuo’s remorseless rule. Will they triumph against the tyrant, or will personal ambition shatter their already crumbling alliance and drive them to supremacy?

The crucible fizzes. Allegiances shift. The fires of conflict stoke opportunity. Only one thing is certain: the very future of China will be shaped by its champions. Total War: Three Kingdoms is the next major historical strategy game in the award-winning Total War series. Out Fall 2018!

Total War: Three Kingdoms FAQ

We’re thrilled to be able to reveal Total War: THREE KINGDOMS to the world and we hope you’re all excited by the game as we are. In Autumn 2018, players will be able to conquer feudal China for the first time ever in a Total War game.

We’re setting out to make the most memorable and incredible Total War game yet and we can’t wait to show you more. And don’t worry, as with previous Total War games, we’ll be giving the press, youtubers, and community members access to the game before release so they can share their impressions too. We’ll also let you know the game shows we’re attending in the lead up to release and we’ll make sure reviews hit before launch.

Here’s a quick Q&A to answer any initial questions you may have about the game. Get in touch if you have any other questions and we will answer them in due course.

What is Total War: THREE KINGDOMS?

Total War: THREE KINGDOMS is the next major historical Total War game and is the first game in the award-winning series to take place in China. The Three Kingdoms period is one of the most turbulent times in Chinese history. The Han Dynasty is crumbling; the stage is set for a great new epoch, forged by the fires of conquest – the time to establish your legacy is now. But with many warlords eyeing the throne, each with a large army to back up their claim, it’s clear that the future of China will be shaped by its champions.

When is it releasing?

Total War: THREE KINGDOMS will launch globally in Fall 2018.

Is this the next Total War game you’re going to release?

No, we will be releasing A Total War Saga: THRONES OF BRITANNIA in Spring 2018. Total War: THREE KINGDOMS will then launch in Autumn 2018.

How big is the map?

As an Era-scale Total War game, the next flagship game in our series, it will have a jaw-dropping, epic Campaign Map to fit. We’ll be giving you an incredibly detailed sandbox of Three Kingdoms-period China to explore and conquer. Lots more to be revealed as we get closer to launch.

What will the early adopter bonus or Collector’s Edition be?

We’ll announce any news around these in due course.

Will there be modding support from release?

As with previous Total War games, the aim is to have modding using the Assembly Kit, and Steam Workshop support available very shortly after launch.

Will It be released on Mac and Linux from release?

We’ll announce any news regarding Mac and Linux releases at a later date.

Will it be available as a physical product or is it digital only?

We’ll have more details on this a little closer to release

What are the min/recommended specs?

Again, it’s a little early to confirm, but if you follow us on social media you’ll be the first to know.

This post has been edited by aliesterfiend: Jan 21 2018, 06:41 PM
fujkenasai
post Jan 11 2018, 08:22 AM

Regular
1,137 posts

Gosh ur fast
sai86
post Jan 11 2018, 09:21 AM

StilL LearninG
4,928 posts

A bit disappointed as it's not during the earlier 7 warring states period

This is more conflict and factions thumbup.gif

3 Kingdom is being used so many times ady. this may be my 1st TW to get biggrin.gif
memphiz_zero88
post Jan 11 2018, 09:22 AM

My stars has gone. T_T
Group Icon
Staff
2,255 posts

About time they make it.
rikimtasu
post Jan 11 2018, 09:51 AM

Tired...
760 posts

QUOTE(memphiz_zero88 @ Jan 11 2018, 09:22 AM)
About time they make it.
What do you think about it as a Sangoku expert?
memphiz_zero88
post Jan 11 2018, 10:06 AM

My stars has gone. T_T
Group Icon
Staff
2,255 posts

QUOTE(rikimtasu @ Jan 11 2018, 09:51 AM)
What do you think about it as a Sangoku expert?
Since when I'm sangoku expert? sweat.gif sweat.gif

well, they only release the trailer without further info. so just wait for it. if it goes well, might be my first Total War game to get invested in.
SiewKaiz
post Jan 11 2018, 11:44 AM

Casual
304 posts

Do not 1v1 lubu
azizul1975
post Jan 11 2018, 11:57 AM

Regular
1,075 posts

have cutscenes like Shogun : Total War ? no cutscenes shit Total War...
ahbenchai
post Jan 11 2018, 02:03 PM

what do you mean you people?
1,185 posts

OUT OF NOWHERE, TOTAL WAR THREE KINGDOM !

HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Binaryteo
post Jan 11 2018, 02:08 PM

29 posts

I think we be seeing a lot of warhammer elements in TW3k. Its more like a hybrid between historical and fantasy (romance).

For instance (Speculation) what mechanic would be included,

1. Individual playable lords. Eg, Liu bei, Zhang fei and Guan Yu are independently playable till player confederate the other two lords.
2. Realm Divide. You own too much land, you are the bad guy. Emperor declare you a renegade and all the warlords will declare war.
3. Rogue Armies ??? not exactly a rebel army, rebel army is too boring because they don't roam around other than the province they were insurrected.

I hope for:

1. Better AI CO-OP battles in campaign. Since 3k, it is common for a battle to have multiple factions. I would love to see the Battles with multiple AI factions.
2. Zhuge Liang as a playable lord, if they make him a hero...it should be a unique one with OP stats.
3. A variety of units and unique ones unlike Shogun 2 where all of them were recycled. From trailer I could see the foot soldiers were using same models differentiated by the color of the plumes on their helms (this would suck).
Is it hard to add different uniforms like in the drama (Liu, Cao cao, Sun wu) all had different uniforms.

4. Not too arcade like. Prefer some complicated mechanics like power & politics from rome 2. Each Faction are supported by their clan leaders since we know most founding empires are truly supported by powerful clans at their back.

5. In 3K, ranks and titles are an integral part. If they include family tree, its cool but if they decide to remove it I hope it would be replaced with some form of award system for your generals and followers. For example, you conquered XXX amount of land you are awarded Marquis (Hao Ye) and the highest award you can bestow to your followers is prefect, magistrate, captain...etc (low ranks). Then, you conquered XXX amount of land, become governor and besides lower ranks you can bestow ranks up to generals. Then as you approach to become a prince (Wang ye), you can bestow titles up to marquis and eventually you have the option to declare yourself emperor.
The titles itself could be purely cosmetic, no bonus as oppose to titles that might carry official duty like in Attila.

Overall, I am excited. Sorry for any grammar because I am too excited for this.

This post has been edited by Binaryteo: Jan 11 2018, 02:25 PM
svfn
post Jan 11 2018, 08:34 PM

Casual
497 posts

about time they milk this haha
TSaliesterfiend
post Jan 11 2018, 09:24 PM

Red Dragon
1,193 posts

QUOTE(fujkenasai @ Jan 11 2018, 08:22 AM)
Gosh ur fast
I happened to browse instagram. On first glance I though it was some mobile game add. Then I saw posted by official Total War instagram. Went to official forum and saw it's a real thing!!!!

Now... Can can someone point me the links of historical information about this period? My only knowledge is via that Red Cliff movie. smile.gif
rikimtasu
post Jan 12 2018, 10:44 AM

Tired...
760 posts

QUOTE(aliesterfiend @ Jan 11 2018, 09:24 PM)
Now... Can can someone point me the links of historical information about this period? My only knowledge is via that Red Cliff movie. smile.gif
The lazy way would be this wiki
http://threekingdoms.wikia.com/wiki/Three_Kingdoms
or Just the 1994 or 2010 real live drama from china.
TSaliesterfiend
post Jan 12 2018, 12:49 PM

Red Dragon
1,193 posts

QUOTE(rikimtasu @ Jan 12 2018, 10:44 AM)
The lazy way would be this wiki
http://threekingdoms.wikia.com/wiki/Three_Kingdoms
or Just the 1994 or 2010 real live drama from china.
Besides wiki of course. smile.gif

fujkenasai
post Jan 12 2018, 01:11 PM

Regular
1,137 posts

QUOTE(aliesterfiend @ Jan 12 2018, 12:49 PM)
Besides  wiki of course. smile.gif
wow really really long story.

to make it short this empire called han became corrupted people do not have enough to eat started a "bersih like rebellion" cos all wore yellow then but still the empire endured. Then they welcomed a tyrant minister called dont zuo he was hamsup and ruthless always wanna poke pretty gal then one time poked a wrong gal called diao chan which is also his lieutenant gf then lieutenant called LVbu no happy killed him. That time empire very weak and torn, so counts and other people who had army all started to consolidate own power, but ulitmately sunquan from the south east had one piece of Land. Then Cao CAo from the north united and defeated the others. Then another guy called liubei went to the south west and had his own kingdom hence the formation of 3 kingdom

BUT after some ping blang bing bong boom boom, one sneaky guy called shima yan took hold of cao cao kingdom and others had no strong successor so all fell to this Shima guy and his grandson became the new emperor.

End of Story...

Binaryteo Ehh I wanna use ShimaFamilly Cheat leh u all fight all u want I just go type all your kingdoms belongs to us...

This post has been edited by fujkenasai: Jan 12 2018, 01:13 PM
TSaliesterfiend
post Jan 12 2018, 08:36 PM

Red Dragon
1,193 posts

QUOTE(fujkenasai @ Jan 12 2018, 01:11 PM)
wow really really long story.

to make it short this empire called han became corrupted people do not have enough to eat started a "bersih like rebellion" cos all wore yellow then but still the empire endured. Then they welcomed a tyrant minister called dont zuo he was hamsup and ruthless always wanna poke pretty gal then one time poked a wrong gal called diao chan which is also his lieutenant gf then lieutenant called LVbu no happy killed him. That time empire very weak and torn, so counts and other people who had army all started to consolidate own power, but ulitmately sunquan from the south east had one piece of Land. Then Cao CAo from the north united and defeated the others. Then another guy called liubei went to the south west and had his own kingdom hence the formation of 3 kingdom
BUT after some ping blang bing bong boom boom, one sneaky guy called shima yan took hold of cao cao kingdom and others had no strong successor so all fell to this Shima guy and his grandson became the new emperor.

End of Story...

Binaryteo Ehh I wanna use ShimaFamilly Cheat leh u all fight all u want I just go type all your kingdoms belongs to us...
I think I want to read Romance again. Wonder if you know whixh one is the best translated version?

Binaryteo
post Jan 13 2018, 01:37 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(aliesterfiend @ Jan 11 2018, 07:16 AM)

New Total War historical title. A bit disappointed as it's not during the earlier 7 warring states period though but as long as it's no longer Europe based map I guess I'm game.  rclxms.gif
7 Warring states is a possible dlc or maybe even a Qin Shi Huang Saga game. I think so because TW3K or Han era military uniforms have the same model as the warring states.
Even most of their headgear and robes are very similar.

Expansion or DLC that is likely:

Pre-quel to Han - Warring States
Sequel to Han - Sixteen Kingdoms period in the Jin Dynasty. The best event I can find for a TW game.

fujkenasai
post Jan 13 2018, 06:37 PM

Regular
1,137 posts

QUOTE(Binaryteo @ Jan 13 2018, 01:37 PM)
7 Warring states is a possible dlc or maybe even a Qin Shi Huang Saga game. I think so because TW3K or Han era military uniforms have the same model as the warring states.

Sequel to Han - Sixteen Kingdoms period in the Jin Dynasty. The best event I can find for a TW game.
So rest of chinese 5k yr old history in dlc format ahahahahah
Wow
TSaliesterfiend
post Jan 13 2018, 10:04 PM

Red Dragon
1,193 posts

QUOTE(Binaryteo @ Jan 13 2018, 01:37 PM)

What about much later during the Mongols era? Some people in official forum already expected to see the Great Wall in the game... lol
fujkenasai
post Jan 14 2018, 09:19 AM

Regular
1,137 posts

QUOTE(aliesterfiend @ Jan 13 2018, 10:04 PM)
What about much later during the Mongols era? Some people in official forum already expected to see the Great Wall in the game... lol
That will have fire arms during sung and alot of different models too

16 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0180sec    0.34    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:06 AM