Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Looking for Car Repair Shop In Penang

views

TSStimBoi
post Jan 10 2018, 01:33 AM, updated 7y ago

0 posts

Looking for Car Repair Shop in Penang island. Can anyone recommend me a shop that is reasonably price that is willing to repair old cars. My car is Kancil 1995/96ish I think. At moment I am taking care of my dad full time due to him having medical issues. I have been hemorrhaging medical expenses. I can't afford to be con or overcharged. My go to shop in Penang was Hock Seng Car services located at Solok Sungai Pinang 5, Jelutong. Recently since early December the shop seems to be permanently closed. Boss wife isn't answering shop phone and his hp is off permanently. Last time I went to other shop was 2 years ago when that particular shop told me head gasket skimming will cost me Rm500 and we agreed on that price but I end up paying rm1500 to get my car back. In expenditure he even listed 4 kancil original coolant bottles which is likely bullshit. I can't afford to pay extremely high cost unscrupulous mechanics. Would prefer shops within Penang island and not too far from Ayer Itam if possible. Thank you.
estacado
post Jan 10 2018, 01:44 AM

41 posts

My dad always go to Ah Kok workshop in Sungai Nibong. It's opposite the sungai nibong hawker complex, beside bus station/pesta. He says the guy is good.
TSStimBoi
post Jan 10 2018, 04:17 AM

0 posts

A bit far from where I am located to go for car repairs. Any other recommendations? Farlim/Ayer Itam/Georgetown area would be preferable.
TSStimBoi
post Jan 14 2018, 10:18 AM

0 posts

Any more recommendations?
lwl_80
post Jan 14 2018, 10:25 AM

Getting Started
150 posts

theres a good one in batu maung.. if interested pm me
initialdota
post Mar 23 2018, 08:45 AM

20 posts

QUOTE(lwl_80 @ Jan 14 2018, 10:25 AM)
theres a good one in batu maung.. if interested pm me
PM me.need repair my kancil
tkyong1
post Mar 23 2018, 09:32 AM

On my way
585 posts

QUOTE(StimBoi @ Jan 10 2018, 01:33 AM)
Looking for Car Repair Shop in Penang island. Can anyone recommend me a shop that is reasonably price that is willing to repair old cars. My car is Kancil 1995/96ish I think. At moment I am taking care of my dad full time due to him having medical issues. I have been hemorrhaging medical expenses. I can't afford to be con or overcharged. My go to shop in Penang was Hock Seng Car services located at Solok Sungai Pinang 5, Jelutong. Recently since early December the shop seems to be permanently closed. Boss wife isn't answering shop phone and his hp is off permanently. Last time I went to other shop was 2 years ago when that particular shop told me head gasket skimming will cost me Rm500 and we agreed on that price but I end up paying rm1500 to get my car back. In expenditure he even listed 4 kancil original coolant bottles which is likely bullshit. I can't afford to pay extremely high cost unscrupulous mechanics. Would prefer shops within Penang island and not too far from Ayer Itam if possible. Thank you.
Bro,

i have been driving car for more than 30 years.

i will never trust outside workshop, i being con / rip off so many times. Outside workshop will give you lot of bullshit, and you also may not know whether they are giving you the original part of not.

Since 10 years ago, i always send my car back to the original SC for any service / repair. The SC price and labor are higher, but there is guarantee come with it, and no worry about parts originality and any possible con or trick. Everything is very clear and transparent. A little higher price giving you 100% pure part with guarantee period and peace of mind. any problem still can go scold them gao gao (you try scold the outside workshop and see what will happen).

My advice: to save your money in long run (please do not look at the small money that you saved by doing outside workshop), outside workshop at the end might cut you more than doing at the SC. Send your car to the SC.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0113sec    0.58    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:19 PM