Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> PS4 Pro Or PS4 Slim?

views

TSVICKIE LUYE
post Jan 9 2018, 03:55 PM, updated 2y ago

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Hi, PS4 pro better or PS4 slim? Whats the difference? And is 500GB and 1TB big difference? The games can be play in both types of PS4? Or certain games are only be able for PS4 pro but not for PS4 slim? Had open a topic previously but unable to trace back.. rclxub.gif
Thanks~!
Orzie
post Jan 9 2018, 03:59 PM

Getting Started

If you have 4K HDR TV, go for PS4 Pro to fully utilize it's power.
Otherwise, go for PS4 Slim. It will play games well on Full HD TVs.

In terms of storage, if you have the budget go for 1 TB.
Otherwise, go for 500 GB first, then self upgrade to bigger storage. (Wont void warranty, no worries)

Add: Both can play all PS 4 games. PS 4 Pro has more powerful spec, hence can support 4K HDR output.

This post has been edited by Orzie: Jan 9 2018, 04:00 PM
foohoa
post Jan 9 2018, 04:06 PM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

ps4 pro at full hd have more details too,
but..........
i dont think its important
kausar
post Jan 9 2018, 04:09 PM

Casual

storage doesnt matter u can expand it later, if u are casual gamer ps4 slim enough .
qudeenz360
post Jan 9 2018, 04:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!

ps pro
iguana_dude_619
post Jan 10 2018, 10:46 AM

Xbox GT: iguanadude626 PSNID: igndude626 Steam ID: iguanadude619

buy a Slim if you play/buy only 1 or 2 games yearly. Pro if you wanna play & enjoy your games. no more annoying frame drops when heavy scenes(OW in Total Mayhem, Just Cause 3, Destiny 2 doing public event also can dip sweat.gif sweat.gif ). not to mention a few unplayable moment on Slim (Darksider 2 & Mortal Kombat XL Sub Zero) puke.gif
for rm300 more you get a better machine & more storage.
post Jan 30 2018, 04:29 PM

Regular

ps slim is enough. u can play all games on it. why spend more for the few games that will benefit on it, too few to even notice.
IReallyNeed Answers
post Feb 7 2018, 07:06 PM

Krazeybender

Based on my experience, it doesn’t matter much

Why?

I’ve played fifa on both slim and pro,

We’re so busy with on going action, both look the same

Different more visible on less intense game, eg monster hunter or hzd,

If slow down and stroll around, def pro wins hands down, but during battle, again, maybe still super nicer graphic, but not noticeable when playing.

I prefer physical cd, so I opt to save money and just get a 500gb version, and it’s ALOT.

If you’re less sentiment than me and prefer the convenient of online purchase, 1 TB is the way to go I suppose.

Convael
post Feb 10 2018, 12:30 PM

Casual

QUOTE(IReallyNeed Answers @ Feb 7 2018, 07:06 PM)
Based on my experience, it doesn’t matter much

Why?

I’ve played fifa on both slim and pro,

We’re so busy with on going action, both look the same

Different more visible on less intense game, eg monster hunter or hzd,

If slow down and stroll around, def pro wins hands down, but during battle, again, maybe still super nicer graphic, but not noticeable when playing.

I prefer physical cd, so I opt to save money and just get a 500gb version, and it’s ALOT.

If you’re less sentiment than me and prefer the convenient of online purchase, 1 TB is the way to go I suppose.
What exactly are you talking about ?

Between the PS4 pro 1TB capacity and PS4 (old )'s 500gb ?

It is not being restricted to Digitally purchased games . Because whether if you purchase a game through PSN Store or owning physical Discs , you have to install the game Disc data onto your PS4 regardless of the console model . So they will end up consuming the same amount of space of your PS4

Thus this comment is completely irrelevant , and you are woefully informed.

This post has been edited by Convael: Feb 10 2018, 12:38 PM
IReallyNeed Answers
post Feb 10 2018, 01:06 PM

Krazeybender

QUOTE(Convael @ Feb 10 2018, 12:30 PM)
What exactly are you talking about ?

Between the PS4 pro 1TB capacity and PS4 (old )'s 500gb ?

It is not being restricted to Digitally purchased games . Because whether if you purchase a game through PSN Store or owning physical Discs  , you have to install the game Disc data onto your PS4 regardless of the console model .  So they will end up consuming the same amount of space of your PS4
Thus this comment is completely irrelevant , and you are woefully informed.
with the CD usually i will just delete the game once i am done with it.

i could do the same for digital copies but i will have to download the game all over again and it might take time.

thus if with cd, it will be so much more convenient by means of it being faster, no needing to download a 9gb game all over again just to play it.

i might be wrong, but that what i do with my old games even tho i have yet to even use 50% of the 500gb

allvin
post Feb 13 2018, 03:49 PM

**Look everyone, my stars increasing**

QUOTE(IReallyNeed Answers @ Feb 10 2018, 01:06 PM)
with the CD usually i will just delete the game once i am done with it.

i could do the same for digital copies but i will have to download the game all over again and it might take time.

thus if with cd, it will be so much more convenient by means of it being faster, no needing to download a 9gb game all over again just to play it.

i might be wrong, but that what i do with my old games even tho i have yet to even use 50% of the 500gb
Ya, no right or wrong. But remember, nowadays game all need 'patches'. So once you re-install the game, you still have to re-download the patches.

One good point to own disc is you can resell your game.

Anyway, if you got 4K tv, recommended to get PS4 Pro. Other than that, just get PS4. There is no exclusive titles between PS4 and PS4 Pro. PSVR works both machines too wink.gif

Convael
post Feb 18 2018, 06:14 AM

Casual

QUOTE(allvin @ Feb 13 2018, 03:49 PM)
Ya, no right or wrong. But remember, nowadays game all need 'patches'. So once you re-install the game, you still have to re-download the patches.

One good point to own disc is you can resell your game.

Anyway, if you got 4K tv, recommended to get PS4 Pro. Other than that, just get PS4. There is no exclusive titles between PS4 and PS4 Pro. PSVR works both machines too wink.gif
There is always rights and wrongS , when it comes to a pure statement .
People who are trying to twist a simple statement into a gray area debating are mostly deviant who have too much time on their hands.

For example , pointing at a Donkey and saying its a horse is wrong , as simple as that .

And there are reasons to get PS4 PRO over PS4 even if you own a 1080p HDTV because of the newly implemented Super Sampling mode , which will support all previous PS4 games as well . Beside that , several games already have an exclusive PS4 PRO Mode which will enhance loading time , frame rate and graphical options of the game.

So even if you got a 1080p TV , getting PS4 PRO isn't a bad idea assuming you are not too hesitate to save a few hundred bucks .

This post has been edited by Convael: Feb 23 2018, 09:04 PM
deyamato
post Feb 18 2018, 08:42 AM

Casual

For non-4k tv user benefit just improving the performance isnt it?
MarioKart
post Feb 22 2018, 04:20 PM

Group: Newbie

Price not much different. If i buy now, definitely the PS4 PRO.
Convael
post Feb 23 2018, 02:41 PM

Casual

QUOTE(deyamato @ Feb 18 2018, 08:42 AM)
For non-4k tv user benefit just improving the performance isnt it?
More than that , your game will be shown in sharper image quality , game objects look to be less jagged with better Anti Aliasing on PS4 pro

If you stream and record your gameplay , the PS4 PRO also records / streams at 1080p , instead of the 720p from regular PS4

Again these improvement aren't so dramatic thus most people don't really care about them . So ultimately it is up to you if you want to spare a few hundred bucks for these advanced features .

This post has been edited by Convael: Mar 19 2018, 07:31 PM
Weyn
post Feb 23 2018, 05:54 PM

Group: Newbie

Thanks for the post ! Really useful for me as im planing to get a ps4 also but 0 knowledge on it.

Saw a lot of sales online, price range from RM900-RM1,200 for slim. Any thought guy ? Can i buy online or suggested to buy at store? any store u guy would like to recommend for best price / value ?
leongsem
post Apr 3 2018, 01:15 PM

Regular

i don have 4k tv
at first i think about pro. but later think that slim also can do trick

btw how to upgrade the hdd by user?

thank you.
Microsuck_360
post Apr 3 2018, 01:34 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Convael @ Feb 23 2018, 02:41 PM)
More than that  , your game will be shown in sharper image quality ,  game objects look to be less jagged with better Anti Aliasing on PS4 pro

If you stream and record your gameplay , the PS4 PRO also records / streams at 1080p , instead of the 720p from regular PS4
Again these improvement aren't so dramatic thus most people don't really care about them . So ultimately it is up to you if you want to spare a few hundred bucks for these advanced features .
can streaming 1080p at 60fps rclxm9.gif
officeBoy
post Sep 25 2018, 01:24 PM

On my way

Anyone can help to answer this question too? thanks

QUOTE(Weyn @ Feb 23 2018, 05:54 PM)
Thanks for the post ! Really useful for me as im planing to get a ps4 also but 0 knowledge on it.

Saw a lot of sales online, price range from RM900-RM1,200 for slim. Any thought guy ? Can i buy online or suggested to buy at store? any store u guy would like to recommend for best price / value ?

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0808sec    2.44    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd May 2019 - 11:22 AM