> 1 yr old Air-con making noise after 4 hrs

views

weikee
post Jan 10 2018, 10:02 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(advocado @ Jan 10 2018, 09:24 PM)
if got oil how to ensure the oil can return back to the compressor so the compressor won't wear out due to lack of lubrication?

so far i never hear people talk about copper pipe requiring slope on the outlet like drain pipes do.
Pressure will do the work.
JT_woody
post Jan 10 2018, 10:07 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

did you check the air swing cover?
SUSadvocado
post Jan 10 2018, 10:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,948 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Jan 10 2018, 10:02 PM)
Pressure will do the work.
hi, sorry i'm noob so i don't know what psi they are running at.

so doesn't matter if my pipe is going upwards or downwards the pressure will be sufficient to circulate the oil around without clogging the pipes? will this cause more load to the compressor and reduce it's durability?

i know water pipes have enough pressure to flow around pipe but not sure how gas pushes oil around with sufficient pressure even though gas is also considered as fluid.
SUSadvocado
post Jan 10 2018, 10:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,948 posts

QUOTE(JT_woody @ Jan 10 2018, 10:07 PM)
did you check the air swing cover?
hmm it's possible if you manually adjusted the swing it becomes misaligned with the gear causing plastic hitting plastic sound when put on swinging mode but normally don't have to wait 4 hours to hear the sound.

usually i hear this when i turn on the aircon or turn off.
snicker
post Jan 11 2018, 11:49 AM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(advocado @ Jan 10 2018, 10:36 PM)
hi, sorry i'm noob so i don't know what psi they are running at.

so doesn't matter if my pipe is going upwards or downwards the pressure will be sufficient to circulate the oil around without clogging the pipes? will this cause more load to the compressor and reduce it's durability?

i know water pipes have enough pressure to flow around pipe but not sure how gas pushes oil around with sufficient pressure even though gas is also considered as fluid.
The oil inside the copper pipe called refrigerant, not working as lubricant but for cooling purposed.
Compressor will compress the gas become liquid, that is how the presure come from..

Answer to you question: Yes, the copper pipe can going whichever direction since it was pressure pipe. as long as don't too far away.
SUSadvocado
post Jan 12 2018, 09:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,948 posts

QUOTE(snicker @ Jan 11 2018, 11:49 AM)
The oil inside the copper pipe called refrigerant, not working as lubricant but for cooling purposed.
Compressor will compress the gas become liquid, that is how the presure come from..

Answer to you question: Yes, the copper pipe can going whichever direction since it was pressure pipe. as long as don't too far away.
o i though refrigerant is mainly to carry the colder temperature to the indoor unit and recycle, though oil is another separate liquid mixed inside the pipe.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0118sec    0.36    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:51 PM