Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Chain Accident Insurance Claim

views

TSMiLKTea
post Jan 8 2018, 10:56 PM, updated 7y ago

Enthusiast
942 posts

Insurance experts, may I ask...

For chain accident, by Malaysia insurance law, how does the insurance claim works?

Is,

A) All claim the last car insurance (the most behind that caused the accident)

or

B) Each car claim from the direct behind car insurance?

Please advise, thanks!
SUS2feidei
post Jan 8 2018, 10:57 PM

Ayam tatau, ayam virgin (c)
3,158 posts

B
TSMiLKTea
post Jan 8 2018, 11:09 PM

Enthusiast
942 posts

Ouch why so...???
So kesian the car in front =.='
jerm57
post Jan 9 2018, 03:50 PM

Casual
350 posts

Why? The front car is the only one to get away without effect to NCD.
SUSlelaki kaya
post Jan 10 2018, 01:17 PM

2 posts

go make police report first, the IO there will decide which car salah.

from there just claim whoever insurance salah.

like last time my friend kena 4 cars. the cause of the accident because of the 3rd car entering the lane without signal and drive recklessly, thus causing the accident. my friend car the 4th one, but all car claim car 3.

This post has been edited by lelaki kaya: Jan 10 2018, 01:19 PM
k3v1n777
post Jan 11 2018, 08:50 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(lelaki kaya @ Jan 10 2018, 01:17 PM)
go make police report first, the IO there will decide which car salah.

from there just claim whoever insurance salah.
like last time my friend kena 4 cars. the cause of the accident because of the 3rd car entering the lane without signal and drive recklessly, thus causing the accident. my friend car the 4th one, but all car claim car 3.
this.

i've experienced twice chain accident. first 6 cars i was the first and second 4 cars i was second car. the only way to know whose insurance to claim is basically everybody has to make the police report, then the sarjan will investigate and make the decision. whoever is in fault, all cars claim from there. How the claim is done is not really our concern, just send it to for example honda and tell them its a accident claim, they will do the necessary processes and let you know what to do. basically just need to wait for the keputusan from the police and then send the car for repair. everything else is handled by the dealer or shop you send for the repair.
TSMiLKTea
post Jan 11 2018, 10:59 AM

Enthusiast
942 posts

My car was second car in a 4 car collision.

The car in front me suddenly brake but i sempat stop.

Not long after my car kena bang from behind, causing my car to bang the car in front.

I would say the car in front salah loh coz he suddenly brake at a highway at fast lane yet at the end his NCD still in tact.

Cis.
TSMiLKTea
post Jan 11 2018, 10:59 AM

Enthusiast
942 posts

Not long after my car kena bang from behind, causing my car to bang the car in front.

I would say the car in front salah loh coz he suddenly brake at a highway at fast lane yet at the end his NCD still in tact.

Cis.
SUSlelaki kaya
post Jan 11 2018, 11:58 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(MiLKTea @ Jan 11 2018, 10:59 AM)

Cis.
seems like ur fault bro.

anyway better consult police officer liao, no point say front car salah , usually this case banging in the center, confirm back car salah, no matter what.

This post has been edited by lelaki kaya: Jan 11 2018, 12:02 PM
TSMiLKTea
post Jan 11 2018, 12:33 PM

Enthusiast
942 posts

QUOTE(lelaki kaya @ Jan 11 2018, 11:58 AM)
seems like ur fault bro.

anyway better consult police officer liao, no point say front car salah , usually this case banging in the center, confirm back car salah, no matter what.
Me in the middle but me salah? Moreover i sempat stop.... What???!!!

This post has been edited by MiLKTea: Jan 11 2018, 12:34 PM
Virlution
post Jan 11 2018, 01:03 PM

Casual
343 posts

Cis.
front car can say he slow down or brake because got animal run across the road... you should follow a safe distance so can brake in time. Remember 2 second rule, in highway I try to allow 3 seconds.

Car in front usually cannot be at fault.
zeese
post Jan 12 2018, 08:36 AM

Warning Level
1,805 posts

QUOTE(MiLKTea @ Jan 11 2018, 12:33 PM)
Me in the middle but me salah? Moreover i sempat stop.... What???!!!
If you got video recording, maybe you can argue your case with the police, or even in court. All these while,
car at the back are always to be blamed, because there's no car recorder. Car recorder only popular just recently.

This post has been edited by zeese: Jan 12 2018, 08:39 AM
andrekua2
post Jan 13 2018, 05:34 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,490 posts

QUOTE(MiLKTea @ Jan 8 2018, 10:56 PM)
Insurance experts, may I ask...

For chain accident, by Malaysia insurance law, how does the insurance claim works?

Is,

A) All claim the last car insurance (the most behind that caused the accident)

or

B) Each car claim from the direct behind car insurance?
Please advise, thanks!
Why do you need to worry about this?

Naturally the one who pay summons will have his or her ncd burned. If you're not at fault then you won't be penalized.

Unless you got dvr showing the driver infront is behaving like an idiot, otherwise its legit to stop even if it's fast lane. Some people just being freaked out rather easily.
mushigen
post Jan 13 2018, 04:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,502 posts

Cis.
I think the car in front of you is not legally wrong for stopping, as there us no law that says you cannot jam brake on fast lane. You may think he stopped for no reason, but maybe he saw a monkey trying to cross the road? It's those tailing him that should ensure they keep a safe distance. Unless you can prove he's involved in an accident scam.

In your case, you can just report about having managed to stop in time, but kena pushed by the impact. A video recording would have been helpful.

sojurn
post Jan 15 2018, 11:28 PM

Getting Started
285 posts

I was in a 4 car pile up years ago. I was the car in front. Final result was that 3 cars claim the insurance of the rear most car.

All 3 cars stopped in time but the 4th car causes each car to hit the car in front of them.

So I think which way insurance claim is based on the sergeants assignment of fault.

This post has been edited by sojurn: Jan 15 2018, 11:29 PM
Kilohertz
post Jan 16 2018, 01:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,172 posts

And how long it takes for all the claim process usually?
ZeroKunz
post Jan 17 2018, 11:13 AM

Getting Started
205 posts

QUOTE(lelaki kaya @ Jan 11 2018, 11:58 AM)
seems like ur fault bro.

He is trying to say he manage to stop before hitting the front car. after he stop, the car from behind bang him, it cause him to bang the first car which he did not bang at first place
TSMiLKTea
post Jan 17 2018, 01:45 PM

Enthusiast
942 posts

QUOTE(ZeroKunz @ Jan 17 2018, 11:13 AM)
He is trying to say he manage to stop before hitting the front car. after he stop, the car from behind bang him, it cause him to bang the first car which he did not bang at first place
Yes exactly my situation...
quebix
post Jan 17 2018, 01:48 PM

Gelato Director
1,180 posts

B i guess. unfair?
popopi
post Jan 17 2018, 02:17 PM

Regular
1,194 posts

Can car recorder really serve as proof??? Like Yi DashCam... can? official will treat as official proof?

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0146sec    0.36    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:17 PM