Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Car Battery Recommendation

views

voncrane
post Jan 8 2018, 11:56 PM

Noir et fier!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(t1231 @ Jan 8 2018, 11:22 PM)
any special tools other than those needed to open the battery terminal clamps? I mean do we need to charge it up first?
It's easy and with my last change.. Didn't need to charge up the new battery before install.. Using Amaron now and loving it. Comes with 18 months warranty.. Just follow the instructions as video below. Note, I don't have the terminal pads or spray can at the end to prevent corrosion.. Will try to get those next time. If your battery is completely flat before change, then prepare to re-setup your HU, preset radio stations, clock, etc..

voncrane
post Jan 9 2018, 09:03 AM

Noir et fier!

QUOTE(t1231 @ Jan 9 2018, 08:07 AM)
thanks. I kept reading Amaron brand which I haven't seen before, is it a new brand? and according to the above lazada links, the warranty is only 12 months, how can you get 18 months?
Mine's Amaron Go and got it from a dealer back in December 2016. Tested the battery voltage levels recently via OBD2 port and all's normal. This is a daily driven car (26K km later) and it still cranks very fast, without hesitation.. Previous battery lasted just shy of a year. First time I'm using this brand and hope it lasts till at least next year.. thumbup.gif
voncrane
post Jan 12 2018, 02:55 PM

Noir et fier!

QUOTE(amad108 @ Jan 12 2018, 01:53 PM)
Amaron bro.. my sis suzuki alto last more then 7 years.. the car CBU from india.. and this Amaron brand from India..
MF Battery lasts for 7 years? shocking.gif How? pls share.
voncrane
post Jan 12 2018, 04:00 PM

Noir et fier!

QUOTE(amad108 @ Jan 12 2018, 03:30 PM)
Settle loan already.. hehe.. she's using Amaron Go only.. not green color one..
I think you misunderstood.. We are talking about the battery and the way you worded the last post, was like saying the Amaron battery lasted 7 years in the car.. Guess you were talking about the car.. 7 years no biggie.. Got Volvo and Saga more than 20 years old.. Still in great shape.. laugh.gif
voncrane
post Jan 12 2018, 07:44 PM

Noir et fier!

QUOTE(amad108 @ Jan 12 2018, 06:45 PM)
yes.. it is last until now the amaron battery.. even tho the loan already settle still the battery haven't change yet.. the car is the same age of its battery..
QUOTE(amad108 @ Jan 12 2018, 06:56 PM)
if u not believe me, feel free to come and see the car it self..
No lah.. No need for that.. That's really good MF battery life. So CBU with the battery. Was any additional maintenance done on the battery since day one..like take out and charge occasionally? Really first time I've heard of such.. Usually people say between 1 year to 3, maybe 4 years (with careful use and charging) max!!..
voncrane
post Jan 13 2018, 12:44 AM

Noir et fier!

QUOTE(VeeJay @ Jan 13 2018, 12:18 AM)
not surprised, American batteries last as long as well. I had been asking this question since I arrive back home, why Msian batteries lifespan is so much shorter?! sigh!
Probably the weather... You know, how heat and batteries don't party..
voncrane
post Jan 15 2018, 10:43 AM

Noir et fier!

QUOTE(VeeJay @ Jan 13 2018, 01:18 AM)
US is damn hot in summer, and southern states are not as cold as northern,but logically 2-3yrs vs more than 6yrs in US, just doesnt make sense.
The batteries there do have higher CCA, hardly seen in local batteries here, except for the imported ones.

Cold environment is also a battery killer during cold start.

If I had known, would have brought one to test it out here. hahaha
The tropics are a different kind of hot.. I get your point though.

QUOTE(amad108 @ Jan 14 2018, 05:24 PM)
No maintenance required.. as its using by my sister with know nuts about car..
Nice.. Here's to hoping my current Amaron also lasts long..

QUOTE(raquinz @ Jan 15 2018, 10:37 AM)
If brand new car change battery outside SC void waranty ah? My current stock batt is a lousy Furukawa Brand with just a 34B rating..
Nope, it won't.. Just make sure it's rated for the car's requirements or higher. Just don't buy a bigger sized battery than can fit securely in the allocated compartment.
voncrane
post May 7 2018, 09:37 PM

Noir et fier!

QUOTE(mADmAN @ May 7 2018, 12:10 PM)
want long lasting...

Amaron....my car previously i owned for 7 years... using amaron when i got the car.. never changed. when i bought the car it already had that battery in it... so the battery is maybe about 7-8 years old.

it only died coz i didnt start the car for 2-3 weeks. if i did i think it would have lasted longer.
Err.. You use your car multiple times a day as a daily driver? Hard to believe MF lasting that long.
voncrane
post May 7 2018, 10:12 PM

Noir et fier!

QUOTE(mADmAN @ May 7 2018, 10:00 PM)
no i dont. i only start it up once every 2-3 days for 10 mins.

but for the first 4-5 years of ownership it was a daily driver.... u can search for amaron in this thread and ull see another daily driver using amaron for 7 years.

anyway.. amaron is known for lasting ridiculously long.

they werent kidding with their tag line.

user posted image
I see.. No worries, I'm actually using an Amaron Go battery and it's my first.. Came with 18 months warranty. 17 months and about 34K km later and engine still cranks as if it was just installed. So far so good. Will give it an official seal of approval once it reaches the 3 years mark. rclxms.gif

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0717sec    2.93    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th June 2019 - 12:46 PM