views

OKLY
post Jun 22 2020, 02:43 PM

The Penguin Vader
Group Icon
Staff
11,946 posts

QUOTE(Thrust @ Jun 5 2020, 02:14 PM)
I tested my battery with a Lancol battery tester.

State of Health is 66%
State of Charge is 98%
CCA is 280A
Resistance is 10.8
Voltage is 12.81

It promoted me to replace the battery. Should I replace it? Battery is NS40ZL with 2.5 years of usage.
My usual battery shop’s guideline for recommending a replacement is when SOH falls below 50%. I guess yours will be ok for a while more, perhaps try checking its health again at the end of this year.
boxer07
post Jun 22 2020, 03:51 PM

Enthusiast
833 posts

QUOTE(OKLY @ Jun 22 2020, 02:43 PM)
My usual battery shop’s guideline for recommending a replacement is when SOH falls below 50%. I guess yours will be ok for a while more, perhaps try checking its health again at the end of this year.
Wow . Still can tahan till end of the year ? Normally its failing soon ...
NeoMnemonic
post Jun 22 2020, 04:54 PM

Enthusiast
760 posts

GP RACE Calcium gooding yo
Ultra+
post Jun 30 2020, 07:29 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

Hi sifu here,

My accord battery flat & unable to start due to didnt start for 3 weeks. Battery only changed last year...

Can i use 12V battery charger to charge it? do i need to take out the battery first? After charge it the battery can continue use or should replace already?

Pls help to advise. Thx!
Zack Styler
post Jun 30 2020, 08:42 PM

Things Happen for a Reason...
1,280 posts

QUOTE(Ultra+ @ Jun 30 2020, 07:29 PM)
Hi sifu here,

My accord battery flat & unable to start due to didnt start for 3 weeks. Battery only changed last year...

Can i use 12V battery charger to charge it? do i need to take out the battery first? After charge it the battery can continue use or should replace already?

Pls help to advise. Thx!
yes you can use a trickle charger to get the battery charged.. usually for Ctek there is no need to remove the battery from the car..

can test with battery tester after that to determine the battery health, but usually it should be fine to use..
Ultra+
post Jul 1 2020, 06:49 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

Thanks Zack.

I read that it is recommended to disconnect all the wires from the car battery before charging, is that right?
speedy3210
post Jul 1 2020, 09:37 PM

Casual
451 posts

Already mentioned by fellow forumer that there is NO need to disconnect battery terminals when being charged by smart battery chargers like Ctek or Bosch C3/C7 etc. Have not faced any problem with this kind of charging for the past 10yrs with smart chargers that I have owned.

Better buy smart charger with constant 12v power supply mode (on top or the normal smart charging mode), for e.g. Bosch C7, to force charge a depleted battery with very low voltage (something like below 10v). Most probably you will need this feature to revive your severely undercharged battery.

Recharged my kampung's Saga BLM battery (Camel brand NS60) this way twice, successfully, thanks to C7. Amount of money saved is way more than the cost of C7 itself.

This post has been edited by speedy3210: Jul 1 2020, 09:44 PM
Roman Catholic
post Jul 1 2020, 11:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(Ultra+ @ Jul 1 2020, 06:49 PM)
Thanks Zack.

I read that it is recommended to disconnect all the wires from the car battery before charging, is that right?
Why is it recommended to do that ?
Ultra+
post Jul 2 2020, 11:33 AM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(speedy3210 @ Jul 1 2020, 09:37 PM)
Already mentioned by fellow forumer that there is NO need to disconnect battery terminals when being charged by smart battery chargers like Ctek or Bosch C3/C7 etc. Have not faced any problem with this kind of charging for the past 10yrs with smart chargers that I have owned.

Better buy smart charger with constant 12v power supply mode (on top or the normal smart charging mode), for e.g. Bosch C7, to force charge a depleted battery with very low voltage (something like below 10v). Most probably you will need this feature to revive your severely undercharged battery.

Recharged my kampung's Saga BLM battery (Camel brand NS60) this way twice, successfully, thanks to C7. Amount of money saved is way more than the cost of C7 itself.
Thanks for advice.

Regret not buying Ctek or Bosch... instead bought those cheap unbranded 12v charger and i'm not sure whether it is smart charger or not... sweat.gif

i scared without disconnecting car wiring to battery, it may damage car's electronics while charging.
Ultra+
post Jul 2 2020, 11:34 AM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jul 1 2020, 11:41 PM)
Why is it recommended to do that ?
Coz got lazada seller advise that... rclxub.gif
bubble-tea
post Sep 17 2020, 09:45 AM

Getting Started
158 posts

QUOTE(MGM @ Jun 18 2020, 09:20 PM)
I only use my 25 year old 2nd car occasionally.
Is it wise to disconnect the -ve cable from the car battery when not in use, so that it can last longer?
Is there a gadget to connect & disconnect this cable?
I also same situation.. Anyone pro can advise what we can do for the battery to last longer?
SleeplessEyes
post Sep 17 2020, 01:29 PM

I'm me bro, let me be me
2,390 posts

QUOTE(MGM @ Jun 18 2020, 09:20 PM)
I only use my 25 year old 2nd car occasionally.
Is it wise to disconnect the -ve cable from the car battery when not in use, so that it can last longer?
Is there a gadget to connect & disconnect this cable?
QUOTE(bubble-tea @ Sep 17 2020, 09:45 AM)
I also same situation.. Anyone pro can advise what we can do for the battery to last longer?
- Invest in a battery smart charger. I'm using Foxsur brand.
- Make sure the battery water level is always topped up.
- Make sure battery voltage is above 12.5V.
- Try to keep the battery wrapped so that its not too hot inside the engine bay.
Example:

RM19.00 | N40 BATTERY COVER - Car Battery Tray Protection Cover - Myvi Axia Bezza Viva Kelisa Kenari kancil | https://s.lazada.com.my/s.1XpWV

Lastly read more discussions here:
Battery brand that has lasted 4 years or more

This post has been edited by SleeplessEyes: Sep 17 2020, 01:31 PM
SUSAllnGap
post Sep 18 2020, 04:06 PM

[ Modding with Passion(tm) ]
4,561 posts

QUOTE(SleeplessEyes @ Sep 17 2020, 01:29 PM)
- Invest in a battery smart charger. I'm using Foxsur brand.
- Make sure the battery water level is always topped up.
- Make sure battery voltage is above 12.5V.
- Try to keep the battery wrapped so that its not too hot inside the engine bay.
Example:

RM19.00  | N40 BATTERY COVER - Car Battery Tray Protection Cover - Myvi Axia Bezza Viva Kelisa Kenari kancil | https://s.lazada.com.my/s.1XpWV

Lastly read more discussions here:
Battery brand that has lasted 4 years or more

I just got my Foxsur so I don't know my battery life can extend how long yet.

Overall it's has desulfate function so I guess it's good
Roughly can extend battery life for how long ? 2years extend to 3 ?
SleeplessEyes
post Sep 18 2020, 04:59 PM

I'm me bro, let me be me
2,390 posts

QUOTE(AllnGap @ Sep 18 2020, 04:06 PM)
I just got my Foxsur so I don't know my battery life can extend how long yet.

Overall it's has desulfate function so I guess it's good
Roughly can extend battery life for how long ? 2years extend to 3 ?
Glad that you also have the FoxSur charger.

Because I already gone through some of the international Youtuber reviewers using the Battery repair mode aka Desulfator on the Foxsur. Yes they managed to successfully revived some of the weak battery.

But after reading some expert opinions from Battery University, this desulfator is like a roulette game. Use wrongly and it can in fact damage the battery.

So if the battery is still relatively mid age , like just a year old, then its like a prevention measure to remove some of the sulfate.

I tried that on 2 of my old batteries. But both were on its way out. And old battery.
Was trying to see if I could "wake it up from the dead"

1 battery - Which was having bulging by the side, and already weak,
After going through battery repair mode, ended up being "Plate shorted" (10.8 Volts) state from weak state.
Yes because earlier on it was tested with someone's battery tester. CCA was low.

Another was in already weak state, used battery repair mode, lasted for 1-2 days before weaken again. No choice, had to let it go.

Its not to say the desulfator mode is no good or useless. Use it with caution.
Otherwise use it to charge the battery frequently when its near 12.5Volts. So that to minimize the sulfate . smile.gif
SUSAllnGap
post Sep 18 2020, 05:10 PM

[ Modding with Passion(tm) ]
4,561 posts

QUOTE(SleeplessEyes @ Sep 18 2020, 04:59 PM)
Glad that you also have the FoxSur charger.

Because I already gone through some of the international Youtuber reviewers using the Battery repair mode aka Desulfator on the Foxsur. Yes they managed to successfully revived some of the weak battery.

But after reading some expert opinions from Battery University, this desulfator is like a roulette game. Use wrongly and it can in fact damage the battery.

So if the battery is still relatively mid age , like just a year old, then its like a prevention measure to remove some of the sulfate.

I tried that on 2 of my old batteries. But both were on its way out. And old battery.
Was trying to see if I could "wake it up from the dead"

1 battery - Which was having bulging by the side, and already weak,
After going through battery repair mode, ended up being "Plate shorted" (10.8 Volts) state from weak state.
Yes because earlier on it was tested with someone's battery tester. CCA was low.

Another was in already weak state, used battery repair mode, lasted for 1-2 days before weaken again. No choice, had to let it go. 

Its not to say the desulfator mode is no good or useless. Use it with caution.
Otherwise use it to charge the battery frequently when its near 12.5Volts. So that to minimize the sulfate .  smile.gif
Foxsur i had cant select the mode, plug in it run by itself.
got one old car wet type battery usually i charge with normal charger it cant fully charge full (like run 2A whole night cant charge full)

after use Foxsur that battery can charge full.
i guessed the desulfator does work to remove part of the crystals that formed inside battery

i dont think it can revive dead battery to full capacity. much like remove part of the crystals that formed inside.
netmatrix
post Sep 19 2020, 01:19 PM

The machine... it sees everything.
6,491 posts

Dun buy Yuasa GS maintenance (Blue) Rubbish!!! Not even a year in and the battery leaked juice in engine bay (lucky not exploded). Price paid was RM170 with trade in. Lucky car was in house and not stranded anywhere else.

Opted for Amaron sold by Bateriku RM199. Damnit wanna save money by opting Yuasa and it fucked on me.
voncrane
post Sep 21 2020, 03:33 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(netmatrix @ Sep 19 2020, 01:19 PM)
Dun buy Yuasa GS maintenance (Blue) Rubbish!!! Not even a year in and the battery leaked juice in engine bay (lucky not exploded). Price paid was RM170 with trade in. Lucky car was in house and not stranded anywhere else.

Opted for Amaron sold by Bateriku RM199. Damnit wanna save money by opting Yuasa and it fucked on me.
Amaron all the way for me now.. Yes, it's more expensive especially for the T110 Diesel variant.. But I'd rather have a bit more peace of mind. Unfortunately, I can't do the whole charging thing for maintenance.. So we'll see how long this lasts.
senscents
post Oct 8 2020, 08:20 PM

Casual
405 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ May 28 2020, 01:37 AM)
Sorry.. switched cars since then. But before I did. no issues still with the same Amaron battery. However, I’m still using Amaron again on current vehicle. Stock battery gave up around the 17th month mark..Was disappointed so got the AMARON Hi-Life DURO T110 (130D31L).
WoW. Such a huge jump. What's the cost of this bard? Mind to share. Tq
voncrane
post Oct 8 2020, 09:47 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(senscents @ Oct 8 2020, 08:20 PM)
WoW. Such a huge jump. What's the cost of this bard? Mind to share. Tq
Yup, a huge jump. Cost RM650 back in December, 2019.. Been great so far.. *knocks on wood.
joe8489
post Nov 1 2020, 12:53 PM

Casual
410 posts

i have a brand new Koba battery DIN 60 / DIN 65 (from service centre's warranty claim) or brand new Amaron Din 55 for sale.... do PM

16 Pages « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0149sec    0.33    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:09 PM