Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Company Late Pay Salary, should I go report for JTK?

views

TS0601430
post Jan 8 2018, 10:13 AM, updated 7y ago

Getting Started
140 posts

okie i need an advise from you guys...

my current company until today (08/01/2018), still not yet pay me my december 2017 salary.

probably you guys might think that, my company has a financial cash flow problem, but i can assure you its not due to financial cash flow.

it started in december 2017,

- 22 December 2017 - Selected qualified HQ and Operation staff salary is release early (Qualified = staff is a christian and his salary is never been hold before in the past 6 months due to lateness)

- 26 December 2017 - Operation staff salary who is not a christian is released, exclude the staff who has more than 3 times lateness

- 28 December 2017 - HQ staff salary who is not a christian is released, exclude the staff who has more than 3 times lateness

- 6 January 2018 - Operation staff salary who has lateness more than 3 times is released

and today (08/01/2018), HQ staff which is include me still not yet get their salary.

Note:
- your salary will get hold until the 7th of following month if you are late report on duty more than 3 times within a month (eg. work start at 8am, staff thumbprint at 8.01am is consider late even tho he work an extra 30mins or 1hr at the end of the day)
- Salary is usually released by 28th of the month every month, provided that you dont have the lateness issue

should i go and report this to JTK?

what has been bother me now is my future within this company if i go report to JTK coz previously got this incident happen where a staff took his contract (which we call it a Bond) to JTK, and the day he came back from outstation, he is terminated immediately.

ocphangaz
post Jan 8 2018, 10:22 AM

Midlife Crysis.
768 posts

you're a contract staff?

if contract, unless specified in contract, no salary should be later than 7th of every month.

if they terminate because you complain, you can take legal actions against them also.

my suggestion, talk to HR to find out reason of delay.
Autocountstick
post Jan 8 2018, 10:22 AM

Casual
465 posts

please report if every 7th havent get your salary, your employer doesnt know who report
TS0601430
post Jan 8 2018, 10:30 AM

Getting Started
140 posts

QUOTE(ocphangaz @ Jan 8 2018, 10:22 AM)
you're a contract staff?

if contract, unless specified in contract, no salary should be later than 7th of every month.

if they terminate because you complain, you can take legal actions against them also.

my suggestion, talk to HR to find out reason of delay.
I'm not a contract staff.

and if you got see my other post regarding my company, you will know my HR is helpless and clueless (the director's puppet)

got some staff ask the HR why still not yet get his salary, and the HR juz answer "the payment is still float".

fyi, this company payroll is paid using online.

QUOTE(Autocountstick @ Jan 8 2018, 10:22 AM)
please report if every 7th havent get your salary, your employer doesnt know who report
you mean if i go report, my boss wont know who is the staff report to JTK?

This post has been edited by 601430: Jan 8 2018, 10:33 AM
lawsh
post Jan 8 2018, 10:39 AM

Cikurity
6,785 posts

1st off, don't be late. have the discipline to be on time every time...
since you are not appreciated to work later than contracted then just repay in kind by leaving work on time smile.gif

is there anything in your employment letter/contract that mentions about the 3 times late? if there is then the maximum latest is by 7th. in this month's case, the 7th falls on a sunday and if it is a bank transfer, the first window of transfer is 11am. give them a benefit of doubt

if it is a late payment while you are not in the wrong then you have a case to go to the labour department. since there was a termination before, i am pretty sure that the number of late payment is not really that high so you need to be careful
again i must emphasize, if you are not in the wrong, you can argue for wrongful termination and possibly get a compensation but if you have a problem with discipline, it is a dismissible offense
TS0601430
post Jan 8 2018, 11:57 AM

Getting Started
140 posts

QUOTE(lawsh @ Jan 8 2018, 10:39 AM)
1st off, don't be late. have the discipline to be on time every time...
since you are not appreciated to work later than contracted then just repay in kind by leaving work on time smile.gif
hmm my job have to submit a day end report to director daily, and the data only can be extract at 5pm. its hard to be on time to go back, earliest is 6.15pm...
btw the HQ working hour is 9am-6pm...

is there anything in your employment letter/contract that mentions about the 3 times late? if there is then the maximum latest is by 7th. in this month's case, the 7th falls on a sunday and if it is a bank transfer, the first window of transfer is 11am. give them a benefit of doubt
nope there's nothing mention bout the lateness in the letter, but recently there's memo from HR mention that they will hold the salary if more than 3 times late...

as you can see the timeline i provide in first post, the operation staff is released on last saturday (06/01/2018)... actually both HQ and Operation staff were uploaded to bank system on the same day, but only Operation get the salary on saturday...

if it is a late payment while you are not in the wrong then you have a case to go to the labour department. since there was a termination before, i am pretty sure that the number of late payment is not really that high so you need to be careful
again i must emphasize, if you are not in the wrong, you can argue for wrongful termination and possibly get a compensation but if you have a problem with discipline, it is a dismissible offense
hmm yea i think you got your point there, they can use the lateness as an excuse to dismiss me... actually my lateness is only 1-4mins, and as far as i can remember, not more than 5 times for last month, and i always go home 30mins or 1hr after the working hour... i guess its a bad decision to go to JTK to report then sad.gif
lawsh
post Jan 8 2018, 12:39 PM

Cikurity
6,785 posts

QUOTE(0601430 @ Jan 8 2018, 11:57 AM)
hmm my job have to submit a day end report to director daily, and the data only can be extract at 5pm. its hard to be on time to go back, earliest is 6.15pm...
automate...

nope there's nothing mention bout the lateness in the letter, but recently there's memo from HR mention that they will hold the salary if more than 3 times late...

as you can see the timeline i provide in first post, the operation staff is released on last saturday (06/01/2018)... actually both HQ and Operation staff were uploaded to bank system on the same day, but only Operation get the salary on saturday...
that's notification sad.gif

hmm yea i think you got your point there, they can use the lateness as an excuse to dismiss me... actually my lateness is only 1-4mins, and as far as i can remember, not more than 5 times for last month, and i always go home 30mins or 1hr after the working hour... i guess its a bad decision to go to JTK to report then sad.gif
doesn't matter if you are late for 1 second or 1 hour, late is late
what you can improve on your side is to wake up earlier, leave home earlier and make sure you get to work on time

note: repeated latecoming is also a dismissible offense doh.gif
TS0601430
post Jan 8 2018, 02:07 PM

Getting Started
140 posts

QUOTE(lawsh @ Jan 8 2018, 12:39 PM)
doesn't matter if you are late for 1 second or 1 hour, late is late
what you can improve on your side is to wake up earlier, leave home earlier and make sure you get to work on time

note: repeated latecoming is also a dismissible offense doh.gif
Thanks for the advise, will take note bout that smile.gif

heard the director forgot to approve the payroll yesterday, and he approve it this morning... guess i will wait until the salary is credit into my account
xpole
post Jan 8 2018, 02:14 PM

Rain on me baby
1,362 posts

And why you are late in the first place?
Are you married? Just have baby?
If you have baby/kid, I can understand if you are late because kids tends to make some drama early morning.

But if you are single and always late, i don't know what to say
NeoMnemonic
post Jan 8 2018, 02:48 PM

Enthusiast
760 posts

I used to manage 3 subordinates in my previous company. One of them was usually late for work which sounds similar like your case. You're lucky you don't received any warning letters.

As I was that time that fellow had 3 warning letters and the HR ask me to hand him the termination letter and see him pack his stuff and send him out of the company.
TS0601430
post Jan 8 2018, 05:10 PM

Getting Started
140 posts

QUOTE(xpole @ Jan 8 2018, 02:14 PM)
And why you are late in the first place?
Are you married? Just have baby?
If you have baby/kid, I can understand if you are late because kids tends to make some drama early morning.

But if you are single and always late, i don't know what to say
yes im a married person with a baby...

when i was young and single, yea i always late... now think back, i was very naive ahaha

QUOTE(NeoMnemonic @ Jan 8 2018, 02:48 PM)
I used to manage 3 subordinates in my previous company. One of them was usually late for work which sounds similar like your case. You're lucky you don't received any warning letters.

As I was that time that fellow had 3 warning letters and the HR ask me to hand him the termination letter and see him pack his stuff and send him out of the company.
I have been working in this company for like 6yrs, initially this company has a time allowance for 5mins late if the staff is working overtime in the previous day... it was very flexible as the old MD understand my department workload... until recently the old MD's son succeed his father position as MD, everything has change... in the son's mind, every mins count, doesnt matter you are OT until what time in the previous day, you must thumbprint before 9am on the next day working...

update: my salary is already credited to my bank account.

This post has been edited by 601430: Jan 8 2018, 05:12 PM
opjust
post Jan 8 2018, 06:35 PM

Enthusiast
716 posts

Nowadays most big companies opted for flexible and dynamic working policy which is the way of working in the future.
omyfish
post Jan 8 2018, 10:33 PM

Casual
376 posts

I'm grateful that my company practicing flexi hour where we can come late leave late or come early leave early as long as we serve the full 8 hours. We are also allowed to work from home with any reason such as insomnia the night before or raining in the morning.

More and more MNC is having this kind of working policy nowadays. Avoid those chinaman company who doesn't treat their staffs as human.
Conscience93
post Jan 9 2018, 09:55 AM

Getting Started
116 posts

Report. There should be no reason for late payment, regardless of whether there is cash flow problem or not. Employees already sacrifice so much time to come to work for the company.

If you are penalised for even one minute late AND expect you to stay back after working hour, this company is confirmed to be typical cinaman/chinaman company and you must start looking for job elsewhere. Flexi working hour is the norm now. ohmy.gif
ocphangaz
post Jan 10 2018, 06:55 PM

Midlife Crysis.
768 posts

QUOTE(601430 @ Jan 8 2018, 10:30 AM)
I'm not a contract staff.

and if you got see my other post regarding my company, you will know my HR is helpless and clueless (the director's puppet)

bro, you're not a superstar that expect people to follow you. so i don't know about you nor your HR nor your director.
abc2005
post Jan 10 2018, 11:40 PM

UNIVERSE is my CATALOGUE
2,076 posts

Share the company and let them be famous!!
mrnorthabaffy
post Jan 11 2018, 01:39 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(NeoMnemonic @ Jan 8 2018, 02:48 PM)

Exactly I agreed with NeoMnemonic.
TS0601430
post Jan 16 2018, 02:59 PM

Getting Started
140 posts

QUOTE(ocphangaz @ Jan 10 2018, 06:55 PM)
bro, you're not a superstar that expect people to follow you. so i don't know about you nor your HR nor your director.
i think there's a search button, you can search by my name and read the thread i wrote in this forum

QUOTE(abc2005 @ Jan 10 2018, 11:40 PM)
Share the company and let them be famous!!
lol abc, you did ask me the same thing in my other thread haha

well i will give some hints bout this company...

the Directors claim this company as a world class MSB Company, a Leader Market and a major employer in East Malaysia
danielmckey
post Jan 16 2018, 03:03 PM

Enthusiast
954 posts

Provide your company name.
danielmckey
post Jan 16 2018, 03:04 PM

Enthusiast
954 posts

QUOTE(0601430 @ Jan 16 2018, 02:59 PM)
the Directors claim this company as a world class MSB Company, a Leader Market and a major employer in East Malaysia
No Macau Scam?
TS0601430
post Jan 16 2018, 03:21 PM

Getting Started
140 posts

user posted imageuser posted image user posted image

just receive a memo from my HR department this morning...

what do you guys think?
TS0601430
post Jan 16 2018, 03:29 PM

Getting Started
140 posts

QUOTE(danielmckey @ Jan 16 2018, 03:03 PM)
Provide your company name.
I want to give the name but i dont want to end up getting caught and sue by my boss for spreading negative review of his company in this forum...

but you still can google search base on the hints i gave in previous post ahaha

QUOTE(danielmckey @ Jan 16 2018, 03:04 PM)
No Macau Scam?
naaah this company got a legit license from BNM...
chickenshit36
post Jan 16 2018, 08:58 PM

On my way
501 posts

Labour law states latest is 7th. If they follow means is ok.

Btw I also used to work in a company that pays salary on the 30th but then some people quit once get salary. Then they move it to 7th. I quit due to other reasons but I wasn’t happy about this also.
Mine consider ok coz they pay me on time etc. Some of my engineers promised bonus but not paid. Claims delay 2-3 month.
I manage them also pai seh coz I know the company don’t treat them well. In the end I quit. They paid everything they owed me though so no complains from my side. But it’s a sucky feeling knowing ur ok but the other guys are not getting paid on time
TS0601430
post Jan 17 2018, 03:11 PM

Getting Started
140 posts

QUOTE(chickenshit36 @ Jan 16 2018, 08:58 PM)
Labour law states latest is 7th. If they follow means is ok.
yea but if you read until the end, the employee dont have the right to question the management (which consist only the Old MD and New MD) why their salary get hold until next month 7th, even tho you meet all the requirements to get early pay

you question, your salary will be hold until next month 7th for 1year... thats like dictatorship, and you will never know why ahahahaaah

This post has been edited by 601430: Jan 17 2018, 03:12 PM
amiyumilaura P
post Mar 30 2022, 11:53 PM

Probation
4 posts

FYI,

FAMOUS AUDIT FIRM (HIGH TURNOVER)

NHT Chartered Accountant (Formerly Known as Michael Ng & Co) located at Arked Esplaned, Bukit Jalil. Will moved to new area near Hap Seng Star Kinrara Mercedes. Got cash to build new place for new office but...

The Boss has been paying the Employees at half partially on 7th and before 14th of the month due to MCO since last year August 2020. None of the employees voice out and disagree on this because they are still working there. Audit firm leh. Clients have been paying on time and audit works are in progress. The main reason of late salary payment that one of the employees found out, the Boss Michael Ng has 20+ Term Loans, he uses the Company for turnover cash flow purpose. His Other businesses on hold due to MCO, sales might as well reduced then insufficient fund to pay Term Loans.

Now the Audit firm from 13 staffs become only 6 staffs. 7 staffs left in year 2021.

Those who want to work there, please think once. Not even needed to think Twice
ZZMsia
post Mar 31 2022, 08:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,303 posts

QUOTE(0601430 @ Jan 16 2018, 03:21 PM)

what do you guys think?
u Still working there?
amboi_asamboi
post Apr 1 2022, 08:23 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

QUOTE(601430 @ Jan 17 2018, 03:11 PM)
yea but if you read until the end, the employee dont have the right to question the management (which consist only the Old MD and New MD) why their salary get hold until next month 7th, even tho you meet all the requirements to get early pay

you question, your salary will be hold until next month 7th for 1year... thats like dictatorship, and you will never know why ahahahaaah
Sabah company?

Sounds like cash flow issue

Redshelf411
post Apr 1 2022, 09:20 PM

Enthusiast
800 posts

I have this belief that majority of Sarawak and Sabah companies often have cash flow problems, hence paying salaries on the 7th of the following month most times.

But ughh man you gotta suck up to the management just to have your salaries released on the 30th instead of the 7th. I hate that kind of management tbh.
viole
post Apr 2 2022, 02:17 PM

KFC Lover
838 posts

QUOTE(0601430 @ Jan 16 2018, 03:21 PM)

what do you guys think?
If you are still working there, you are stupid.
ZZMsia
post Apr 4 2022, 01:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,303 posts

QUOTE(viole @ Apr 2 2022, 02:17 PM)
If you are still working there, you are stupid.
Exactly.. the way how its written is purely with malice.. staffs should leave

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0219sec    0.66    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:21 PM