Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Cryptocurrency Arbitrage

views

TSneo_6053
post Jan 7 2018, 03:03 PM, updated 7y ago

On my way
642 posts

Anyone found a reliable way to do arbitrage?
Some malaysia exchange such as luno always have better btc and eth price. But problem is how to move the fiat currency (MYR) around.
Or some way for coin to coin arbitrage.

Just create this topic so that some pro can share some knowledge and experience. (if you not selfsish tongue.gif ) smile.gif

stevenskh
post Jan 7 2018, 04:17 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

If your cashflow is substantial you can technically arbitrage the ETH directly on Remitano. Problem with Luno is you'd have issue cashing out your money. Provided you're using Luno to sell whatever you buy at a lower price at Remitano/Localbitcoin.org.

Alternatively, you can always look to play the arbitrage game with alts. One most recent example will be Siacoin. Trading around 500 + sat at bittrex and 300+ sat on Poloniex.

A risky play IMO.
TSneo_6053
post Jan 7 2018, 04:35 PM

On my way
642 posts

hmm.. playing on same exchange like remitano is just looking for chances to buy low from different users and sell high to some new players..
but I'm more looking for doing it on different exchange where the price is different like bitfinex vs remitano or localbitcoins at the same period of time.

Playing on exchange that involve no fiat current cannot fulfill the goal of looping arbitrage as well. If I sell siacon, then how can I transfer back the earned money back to the original exchange..

1 way to achieve is somehow has the ability to transfer USD to some big exchange and buy at lower price, send it back to some local exchange and sell it at higher price. But I could not find a good way of doing so

This post has been edited by neo_6053: Jan 7 2018, 04:36 PM
stevenskh
post Jan 7 2018, 05:04 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(neo_6053 @ Jan 7 2018, 04:35 PM)
hmm.. playing on same exchange like remitano is just looking for chances to buy low from different users and sell high to some new players..
but I'm more looking for doing it on different exchange where the price is different like bitfinex vs remitano or localbitcoins at the same period of time.

Playing on exchange that involve no fiat current cannot fulfill the goal of looping arbitrage as well. If I sell siacon, then how can I transfer back the earned money back to the original exchange..

1 way to achieve is somehow has the ability to transfer USD to some big exchange and buy at lower price, send it back to some local exchange and sell it at higher price. But I could not find a good way of doing so
As of now most of the major exchanges doesn't provides P2P fiat currency transfer. Taking into consideration of the transaction cost of each exchanges (buy order fees, selling fees, withdrawal fees etc etc), receiving fees of different wallet (with or without segwit) and also the forex rate between MYR -> USD, I think unless you have a million worth of cashflow and looking to earn 5% out of it else, it's not worth taking the risk.

If somehow you'd still think of doing this, you can always checkout the price on coinmarketcap. From what I do notice the price on Korean exchange is usually higher. Or, some country like Venezuela and Zimbabwe also buying bitcoin in a much premium price though you might need to spend some time dig into how you can register and transfer your bitcoin to there, sell it and withdraw it back to local exchanges for you to cashout.

For arbitraging alts coin, the siacoin example I give above, the flow will be buy at Poloniex, Sell at bittrex for BTC, send it back to remitano/luno wallet, cashout.

I guess there's a lot of homework you need to do to make this whole things work =)

jack2
post Jan 7 2018, 06:48 PM

Mr
All Stars
14,363 posts

U will nightmare of doing this.

U will gain some money but you will lost your time and sleep.
yan7181
post Jan 7 2018, 07:38 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

Many exchanges has stopped new user registration, or they have bank issues with deposits fiat now. Not only luno is having problem.
stevenskh
post Jan 7 2018, 09:42 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(yan7181 @ Jan 7 2018, 07:38 PM)
Many exchanges has stopped new user registration, or they have bank issues with deposits fiat now. Not only luno is having problem.
FYI it's different issue and different type of exchanges here.

LUNO/REMITANO/LOCALBITCOIN : Local exchange with focus solely in exchanging fiat to ETH or BTC

Centralized Exchanges : Bittrex, Binance, Crytopia etc. Focus solely in allowing buy and sell of most of alternative coins.

For local exchanges ie LUNO, the main issue I guess is the whole KYC/AML thing which faced by many of the ICO. And since we're in Malaysia we definitely understand the "speed" of things like this to be solve.

While centralized exchanges stop user registration solely because they're facing serious inflow of new registration on a daily basis.
TSneo_6053
post Feb 9 2018, 11:35 PM

On my way
642 posts

QUOTE(arbitrage.expert @ Feb 4 2018, 11:44 AM)
I've developed a beta version of altcoin arbitrage app. Still lots of work in progress, but feel free to give it a go smile.gif

http://www.arbitrage.expert
great! But I would strongly suggest you match bid vs ask. But not ask vs ask. or bid vs bid.
And also another page to show all the coin under the exchange compare to other exchange, then i can know which coin is best to trade rather than select coin by coin
TSneo_6053
post Feb 11 2018, 12:21 PM

On my way
642 posts

QUOTE(arbitrage.expert @ Feb 11 2018, 08:36 AM)
Can you please be more specific?  The data is being pulled via API....

https://snag.gy/zdB27I.jpg
I see. U compare the last price. Maybe try to compare the bid vs ask price if possible ? Coz last price usually not correct. But that might be hard

This post has been edited by neo_6053: Feb 11 2018, 12:26 PM
TSneo_6053
post Feb 11 2018, 12:23 PM

On my way
642 posts

Deleted

This post has been edited by neo_6053: Feb 11 2018, 12:24 PM
TSneo_6053
post Feb 12 2018, 10:33 PM

On my way
642 posts

QUOTE(arbitrage.expert @ Feb 12 2018, 04:16 AM)
Now you can compare side-by-side bid/ ask prices, along side last_price

Hope this helps
great, man. thank! good to have people like you. haha

But yet, it would be best if somethings like this.. hahaha tongue.gif
like that, i really know what is the best coin to arbitrage in the exchange that I like.. brows.gif

This post has been edited by neo_6053: Feb 12 2018, 10:35 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
TSneo_6053
post Feb 12 2018, 10:38 PM

On my way
642 posts

ahhh.. didnt realize you have the extended view.. cool, man!
TSneo_6053
post Feb 12 2018, 10:47 PM

On my way
642 posts

Suggestion: more filter can be like sorting, filtering of percentage then can select percentage larger than X% .. haha
yan7181
post Feb 13 2018, 10:20 AM

Getting Started
86 posts

Ur site getting more exciting. Bravo
dfp371
post Jun 21 2018, 06:37 PM

1 posts

Hi

I just stumbled on this thread. I am looking for a Malaysian resident to form a partnership with for arbitrage opportunities. I'm not a resident of Malaysia so can't purchase directly off the Malaysian exchanges, but I am able to arbitrage with a decent margin elsewhere. You would buy the Bitcoin in Malaysia and sell it to me with a profit to you. I think the best way to do it would be to use an escrow service so that both of us are comfortable that the process is secure and nobody is getting scammed. Let me know if you are interested, I'm looking to set this up as a regular arrangement (ultimately I would like to do it daily). Let me know if you're interested. Cheers. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by dfp371: Jun 21 2018, 06:50 PM
Kanyu
post Jul 3 2018, 08:05 AM

40 posts

QUOTE(dfp371 @ Jun 21 2018, 11:37 AM)
Hi

I just stumbled on this thread. I am looking for a Malaysian resident to form a partnership with for arbitrage opportunities. I'm not a resident of Malaysia so can't purchase directly off the Malaysian exchanges, but I am able to arbitrage with a decent margin elsewhere.  You would buy the Bitcoin in Malaysia and sell it to me with a profit to you.  I think the best way to do it would be to use an escrow service so that both of us are comfortable that the process is secure and nobody is getting scammed. Let me know if you are interested, I'm looking to set this up as a regular arrangement (ultimately I would like to do it daily). Let me know if you're interested. Cheers. biggrin.gif
I want more info, how to contact you ?
alanpjs2
post Mar 31 2023, 12:40 AM

8 posts

QUOTE(neo_6053 @ Jan 7 2018, 03:03 PM)
Anyone found a reliable way to do arbitrage?
Some malaysia exchange such as luno always have better btc and eth price. But problem is how to move the fiat currency (MYR) around.
Or some way for coin to coin arbitrage.

Just create this topic so that some pro can share some knowledge and experience. (if you not selfsish tongue.gif ) smile.gif
hi, i just found this post/topic. it's a long time ago 2018 post, now already 2023 after 5 years.
Good news! I found a reliable* way to do arbitrage, & the best part is we do it with arbitrage bot (robot).
But trading in USDT. we still can withdraw in MYR via P2P in exchanger like Huobi, Kucoin, Bybit.

I'ts a semi-auto trading bot, where we need to run it every 1/2/4 hours, potential profit 0.5% to 1.5% daily & have compounding.
So far i've run for 45 days, & get 42% return.

but, reminder: the platform is still new (less than 1 year), so considered high risk.
but arbitrage is low risk. so, trade & use at your own risk.
recommended: withdraw capital as soon it's unlocked (30 days locked) or withdraw profit once reach 100% profit.

This post has been edited by alanpjs2: Mar 10 2024, 07:40 AM
jonathanYYDS
post Mar 31 2023, 09:06 AM

Getting Started
144 posts

QUOTE(stevenskh @ Jan 7 2018, 04:17 PM)
If your cashflow is substantial you can technically arbitrage the ETH directly on Remitano. Problem with Luno is you'd have issue cashing out your money. Provided you're using Luno to sell whatever you buy at a lower price at Remitano/Localbitcoin.org.

Alternatively, you can always look to play the arbitrage game with alts. One most recent example will be Siacoin. Trading around 500 + sat at bittrex and 300+ sat on Poloniex.

A risky play IMO.
Luno can do withdrawal to your bank account after you sell them.
GSCboy
post Mar 31 2023, 01:25 PM

Regular
1,196 posts

good old days of arbitraging, made some mid six figures back then, during 2017 and 2021 where LUNO had issues with their pricing during high volatility period, it was 7-15% back then. but too bad had to use exchanges like zipmex, coinhako
cukobi
post May 3 2023, 08:46 AM

48 posts

problem with gigamax is the money is in the company..if the company went down so your funds..got bad experience with amzdoge..same arbitrage like gigamax..anyway if you're like to have adventures..just make sure to roi first then ride the house money..

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0196sec    0.23    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:38 AM