Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Malaysia working scene for software engineer

views

TSjetip
post Jan 6 2018, 10:17 AM, updated 7y ago

8 posts

something is wrong here, you get higher pay because of your yrs of working exp but not ur skill, why is this only in Malaysia? Is the newer comer bullied or the experienced one know how to brag? I'm not comparing randomly, this is my own exp. It really not about contribution, both of them do the same job, working in the same project, somehow the not so performing one get way higher pay, jst because of his extra 2 yrs exp, I don't get it. biggrin.gif
yenchex
post Jan 6 2018, 11:00 AM

30 posts

Yes, something is really wrong in Malaysia. Not just in your industry. Those have more working experience gets more pay but not necessary up to the performance standard. sad.gif
TiramisuCoffee
post Jan 6 2018, 07:25 PM

Regular
1,199 posts

Performance matters. If product doesn’t function, no matter how many years of experience he has also won’t hold water. Are you guys coders?
TSjetip
post Jan 6 2018, 08:10 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(TiramisuCoffee @ Jan 6 2018, 07:25 PM)
Performance matters. If product doesn’t function, no matter how many years of experience he has also won’t hold water. Are you guys coders?
if not coder why post here?
otai_g
post Jan 8 2018, 10:09 AM

On my way
622 posts

paid is subjective.

there are no linear or formulas to calculate people salary.

like my salary, up and down every time i jump to another company.
anti-informatic
post Jan 8 2018, 02:30 PM

Enthusiast
902 posts

Generally, experience people know better on one or more things and technically, have more pay. This apply not just in programmer, most fields do.

As for the pay VS performance, that's up to how company justify that. Usually this need to be judge in the long run. Both person may be doing the same job, but how they do it, how fast/efficient, which one has better quality, and which one can solve problem now yet can prevent possible problems.... all these require experience, and is the one that company care.

But if one person can't do the job properly and create lots of issues, it doesn't matter how experience u are. But again, it's really up to how company justify. Not up to anyone to jelez who should not deserve their pay or their position.

Better do ur own job properly and focus on improving urself. Eventually u will be more experience than others and imagine what u gonna do at that time when other people judge u the same way

AnimeSinceForever
post Jan 9 2018, 10:22 AM

Regular
1,060 posts

Actually if you don't have the ability to be hired by other companies or find employment overseas,
don't hope for much of a salary increase.

Bosses of companies in Malaysia know each other personally, so they circulate which employees shouldn't be allowed to get ahead.

Even LinkedIn may not be useful, because a lot of people are scared to recommend other people and don't want their bosses to know they made a staff member look more valuable to other companies.
otai_g
post Jan 20 2018, 03:59 PM

On my way
622 posts

QUOTE(xbumi @ Jan 19 2018, 11:45 PM)
why jump when you have lower pay?  shakehead.gif
the answer is simple.

no option.

if got an option, nobody want to got low salary.
otai_g
post Jan 20 2018, 06:20 PM

On my way
622 posts

QUOTE(xbumi @ Jan 20 2018, 04:46 PM)
Sacked? Or company close down?
both.
mystalyzer
post Jan 20 2018, 11:32 PM

Casual
332 posts

because experienced simply have more experience and already getting paid a certain amount. new comer will get experience and can easily jump to another company later. experienced people who cannot perform is more difficult to jump.

if you are an employer, consider the following people. you need to hire 2 people and the standard fresh grad pay is RM 2.5k

guy A:
fresh grad out of uni

guy B:
2 years working experience currently earning RM 2.5k

both of them have scored similar in the technical test and similar skill levels.

if both are given 2.5k, there is a good chance that guy B will not accept the offer, so a company might give guy A RM 2.5k and guy B RM 2.7k so they can hire both.
System Error Message
post Jan 28 2018, 03:09 PM

Regular
1,781 posts

the problem here from my experience is far worse but this is a global thing. Someone with more proven skill but less experience gets less pay. Thats not a problem as it gives a hacker like myself more solutions that i can hack as those with more experience who get to decide but dont know a damn thing are the ones who are doing the decision making and getting bad solutions out there.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0132sec    0.50    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:00 PM