views

TSjoefbi
post Jan 4 2018, 11:59 AM, updated 6y ago

joefbi a.k.a roketx
2,558 posts

Windows 10 Pro 64bit (KB4058043)
HP Pro, i3-2120, 4Gb RAM.

Hi, all my LYNians.
I'v got a problem, just recently and cannot remember exact time.
Everytime i eject drive (pendive/ext disk) after work, all my open folder is closed and reset to 'This PC' view.

for example, i had 3 open folder which is, my music, my pictures or my documents (no matter what level),
when i click to remove my pendrive safely, immediately all the folder view is closed and turn to 'This PC'.
i have to reopen back my folder to get back into my work.

NOTE: this problem WILL NOT happen if i do not open any files or copy paste in the pendrives
(just plug in the pendrive, view folder, but not doing anything else)..it will eject normally.

Is it normal for windows 10 or i misslook something in the folder view setting?

TQs.
netmatrix
post Jan 4 2018, 12:41 PM

The machine... it sees everything.
6,491 posts

You mean all the expanded folders will close and your view will revert to This PC view after you eject USB drive right? Seems to be normal.

My desktop ver 1607 is like that. My laptop ver 1709 also like that.

Maybe there is a setting that could change that, but it does not bother me as i do not need to deal with so many folders & subfolders on different partitions.

This post has been edited by netmatrix: Jan 4 2018, 12:42 PM
TSjoefbi
post Jan 6 2018, 04:33 PM

joefbi a.k.a roketx
2,558 posts

QUOTE(netmatrix @ Jan 4 2018, 12:41 PM)
You mean all the expanded folders will close and your view will revert to This PC view after you eject USB drive right? Seems to be normal.

My desktop ver 1607 is like that. My laptop ver 1709 also like that.

Maybe there is a setting that could change that, but it does not bother me as i do not need to deal with so many folders & subfolders on different partitions.
yeah, your right..ist anoying me as im using working PC that need me open many folders and subfolders.
just imagine i need to open back all folders to get back into my previous working folders.
I dont think its normal because it was happen just recently..maybe after a few windows updates.
TSjoefbi
post May 4 2018, 04:29 PM

joefbi a.k.a roketx
2,558 posts

any others comments, perhaps?
because i really dont think its normal, it was never happen in previous windows version..
in windows 10 also ok at early update from 7 to 10..
just recently its happen..

everytime i eject my usb drive, ALL open folder(expanded) windows will revert to 'This PC' view..very anoying and bothering me..
netmatrix
post May 4 2018, 09:28 PM

6,491 posts

Tried again with my Win 10 Pro 1803. It is till the same. BUT!!!!

Before you eject, select a folder (ie C: or D:, etc) not in the USB drive, then eject from task bar. The other opened folder in explorer will not close.

In any circumstance that you eject the drive from file explorer by right clicking the USB drive, the file explorer will close.

In fact the funny thing is i found someone in some other forums and even MS support pages with the same problem as yours that date from 2010!!!

You are right that something had changed, but no one seem to know how to get back that "Do not close explorer after eject media" feature.

So far i have looked into Explorer options only. Not yet in registry and policies.

TSjoefbi
post May 12 2018, 09:43 AM

joefbi a.k.a roketx
2,558 posts

QUOTE(netmatrix @ May 4 2018, 09:28 PM)
Tried again with my Win 10 Pro 1803. It is till the same. BUT!!!!

Before you eject, select a folder (ie C: or D:, etc) not in the USB drive, then eject from task bar. The other opened folder in explorer will not close.

In any circumstance that you eject the drive from file explorer by right clicking the USB drive, the file explorer will close.

In fact the funny thing is i found someone in some other forums and even MS support pages with the same problem as yours that date from 2010!!!

You are right that something had changed, but no one seem to know how to get back that "Do not close explorer after eject media" feature.

So far i have looked into Explorer options only. Not yet in registry and policies.
not working, what ever folder i eject from, all my folder will reverted..even eject from my desktop view..
all open folder view will be go to 'This PC' immediately...
netmatrix
post May 12 2018, 11:20 AM

6,491 posts

QUOTE(joefbi @ May 12 2018, 09:43 AM)
not working, what ever folder i eject from, all my folder will reverted..even eject from my desktop view..
all open folder view will be go to 'This PC' immediately...
Then there is something not that right in your windows then.
TSjoefbi
post May 14 2018, 11:12 AM

joefbi a.k.a roketx
2,558 posts

i just curious, why happen only after latest update..
dunno which update, but i remember before that everything work normally

i think, just live with it
R4yMoNd
post May 14 2018, 07:52 PM

1,120 posts

The whole folder or how? Ive tried unplug mine yes it is move to this pc
TSjoefbi
post May 16 2018, 05:58 PM

joefbi a.k.a roketx
2,558 posts

QUOTE(R4yMoNd @ May 14 2018, 07:52 PM)
The whole folder or how? Ive tried unplug mine yes it is move to this pc
all folder.

e.g i expand/open folder my document, my music, my video, files.

im inserting pendrive (any pendrive)

then i eject pendrive.

after eject, suddenly all my folder that i expand as above, will go to 'This PC'.

as i mention earlier, everything is working fine (folder not revert to This PC) after few months of upgrading from win7 to win10.

only happen recently after win10 package update as i notice this folder behaviour happen.

note: temporarily, i open all my reverted 'this PC' folder, i just clik 'back' button on the explorer and it will go back to my 'previously open' folder.
but this temporary solution are not helping on solving the actual problem because by normal behaviour, that shouldnt happen.

R4yMoNd
post May 16 2018, 09:12 PM

1,120 posts

Yeah, for me not all explorer, but only the one i open the USB will revert to This PC.
I will let you know if i found something useful
TSjoefbi
post May 21 2018, 12:35 PM

joefbi a.k.a roketx
2,558 posts

QUOTE(R4yMoNd @ May 16 2018, 09:12 PM)
Yeah, for me not all explorer, but only the one i open the USB will revert to This PC.
I will let you know if i found something useful
great! thanks ya.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0148sec    0.27    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:22 AM