Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Xiaomi Xiaomi Mi A1 - A Pure Stock Android Experience V2, Discussion & Opinion - ANDROID PIE?

views

technosakai
post Jan 3 2018, 07:16 PM

On my way
512 posts

Finally got the Oreo update. Any major bugs so far? Thinking whether should I update now or not
technosakai
post Jan 3 2018, 07:46 PM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(mosalah11 @ Jan 3 2018, 07:41 PM)
Just got the update myself today. UI definitely more responsive, that's the main thing i noticed. Haven't found any major bugs so far, fingers crossed.
but i went to xda forum.. many bugs are found though. such a long list of bugs.
camera, icons, notifications settings, fingerprint sensor gesture and battery draining issues

camera - black screen for few secs after open camera. bad focus
icons - location icons remains on status bar even after turning off.
fingerprint sensor - swipe down gesture gone if it wasn't enable on nougat. using fp sensor to unlock cause the phone to restart
battery draining issues - users complain that battery drain faster compared to nougat version. Battery only shows bluetooth draining battery while other apps are all at 0%

minor ones are the DND wording has been cut in half. lol
and also the notification of fb messenger running in background. will have 2 notification, 1 is messenger running in background, another 1 is messenger is allowed to open over other apps.

anybody can confirm this?

This post has been edited by technosakai: Jan 3 2018, 07:58 PM
technosakai
post Jan 3 2018, 11:27 PM

On my way
512 posts

Turns out every A1 have different bugs. Walao... I guess I'll just hold back the update. Wait until most bugs are solved
technosakai
post Jan 4 2018, 12:55 AM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(jovigrunge @ Jan 3 2018, 11:40 PM)
You worry so much bro. Nothing really so serious.  console.gif
Yeah but apparently each A1 somehow face different bugs. I've read some pretty serious ones on xda forum. I think might be better that I hold back a month or so until most of them are fixed.
Some are having issues of phone restarting when use the fp sensor to unlock phone.
technosakai
post Jan 4 2018, 01:29 AM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(soultaker @ Jan 4 2018, 01:02 AM)
if you are not comfortable, no need to upgrade. wait until 8.1 release.
That's what I'll do
technosakai
post Jan 6 2018, 08:29 PM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(gxthelord @ Jan 6 2018, 05:56 PM)
How'd u guys got the Oreo update. Mine just shows the December update.
QUOTE(beyond @ Jan 6 2018, 06:25 PM)
Wow. How come mine is not OReo yet?

Anyway.. I really miss the DUal App. ANyone got a recommended dual app to recommend?
I've skipped the Oreo update when I can download it cuz of the list of bugs. Then few days ago I've tried to search for update and they didn't prompt me to update. It just says that my phone is currently on the latest version of android. Probably they retracted the update to solve the bugs? Possible?
technosakai
post Jan 6 2018, 11:07 PM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(gxthelord @ Jan 6 2018, 10:19 PM)
yeah i think so too. Anyhow I think I'll leave it as it is first. smile.gif Btw u guys have any issue with capacitive button, some times doesn't work? Or Gboard will stay on screen but not responsive, but everything behind it works? lol... Weird stuff on the first day. And Umobile 4G is so bad that I need to turn to 3G just to be stable. ==" On the other hand on my previous phone 4G would work just fine with 2 or 3 bars.
maybe UMobile 4G bandwidth is incompatible with the phone? Did you check which band is Umobile using?
as for the Gboard, mine is absolutely fine though.
lemon unit?
technosakai
post Jan 26 2018, 09:06 AM

On my way
512 posts

Any new bugs on this Jan update?
Cuz i haven't update it to Oreo.

technosakai
post Apr 25 2018, 12:01 PM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(Wolgie @ Apr 24 2018, 03:27 PM)
Stock Android same as Android One? Like Mi A1?
By the way, i just relize that My Mi A1 now can capture slow motion and timelapse video. If not mistaken, last time dont have.
This really fun feauture when i see samsung S promote ads... But now we have... Hurray!!

I still havent update this new update.
Any changing?Uodate?
Those 2 features have been there when the phone was launched if I'm not mistaken. Not new
technosakai
post Apr 25 2018, 12:04 PM

On my way
512 posts

How's the battery life for the new April update? I'm still running on 7.1.2. haha
Any bugs on the Oreo? I've skipped 4 months of updates
technosakai
post Apr 25 2018, 04:36 PM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(myself379 @ Apr 25 2018, 12:28 PM)
I actually skip January patch, until they solved the inital Oreo bugs in February. So far until April, it behaves as expected. Pretty good.

Battery always degraded regardless of software. For my case I can say so because I'm rooted and I control what apps can run in background. So I can be sure the running apps, and if I ever noticed battery life reduces, I can ensures that it's the battery degradation itself.
i see. so no more bugs or any problems right?
technosakai
post May 31 2018, 01:12 PM

On my way
512 posts

Anybody have experienced phone hang before? I'm still on the November 2017 patch. Phone kinda hangs from time to time. Need to restart after it hanged.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0669sec    0.41    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:58 PM