Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Loan Penalty due to Cancellation, Developer Misleading Floor Plan

views

Fido.Dido
post Jan 3 2018, 01:09 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

QUOTE(Mollai @ Jan 3 2018, 12:43 PM)
This is what the banker told me. She can transfer if I want to buy another property.
But the problem is it wasn't easy for me to find something I like. I doubt I want to rush buying a property just to avoid that 2k penalty.
Is there any way I can complain on this issue that the developer misleaded..like is there any organizations that can help?

I'm sure the next person considering the property might missed out this room that I spotted.
Just cancel the LO.... There won't be any penalty la, personal experience. The banker is just scaring you. U cancel then no commission for banker ma.
It should be Hong Leong right?

However is S&P and Loan Agreement prepared, you might incur some legal fees charges.
Fido.Dido
post Jan 3 2018, 01:19 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

QUOTE(Mollai @ Jan 3 2018, 01:11 PM)
My LO from Maybank. There is such clause for the penalty.
Legal fees was charged to Developer, so I don't have to pay.
There is such a clause... But as far as i know, it isn't enforced. It's just pieces of paper stating the offer amount and t&c. Not legally binded... U can say u din sign also ma or not agree with certain clauses... Who knows?

I know so many people that canceled after signing LO, cause different banks giving better offer after they signed.

Unless u signed the loan agreement and s&p... Then will be a different story. Even if developer is paying legal, some lawyer also charge u for the cancellation cause developer not paying them. The costs needs to be parked somewhere.
Fido.Dido
post Jan 3 2018, 03:53 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

QUOTE(Mollai @ Jan 3 2018, 03:41 PM)
I signed the loan agreement. Didn't sign S&P. But I signed to I should be binded by the terms.
The lawyer didn't contact me for the cancellation fee.
Loan Offer letter and Loan agreements are two different things.

Are you sure that you have signed the offer letter and also loan agreement?

Usually Loan Agreement and S&P will be signed same time if the lawyer is the same.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0126sec    0.29    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:24 AM