Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Learn Python for Data Science, Python and Data Science

views

sasuketaichou
post Jan 12 2018, 11:23 PM

Getting Started
178 posts

Ive think that this thread is nice and got a potential to be revisit as times move on

What inspires me to learn Data Science?

Ive learn too much maths in uni and not going to let it be wasted.

Is Data Science your next career path?

After ive seen the potential of machine learning, i realize that this is for me. As a person who curious to know everything, although it is impossible, i learn machine learning from mathematics perspective. I enjoy to find the reason to use statistical method and algorithm towards available data. But reference are hard to find and it is not easy as online tutorial or online course, prefer to explain only the high level concept. Fret not, ive found a book online that explain machine learning by statistical perspective. Ive state it below in reference section

Currently looking for a junior role for this area. If anyone would like to offer me this position, kindly sent me an email through pm

Reference

1. An Introduction to Statistical Learning(Book)

A reference book using R. U might need some refresher regarding linear regression before reading this book. The writer assume that the reader have some statistical experience whether during studies or industrial. The book is free and can be downloaded for free. Thats the best part.

2. Cousera

Nowadays its hard to get free course from Coursera, but this course is Free. Teach by Andrew Ng, the founder of Coursera itself. Andrew love to explain by using theory+math+example. The elaboration is simple and he provide an intuitive for every topic that is relevant to make use of. Not everything is perfect, the downside is the course is using Octave/Matlab. Unless u got some experience using it, u may have to take time to understand the syntax use. Both Octave and matlab use the same syntax

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0121sec    0.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:58 PM