Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Someone please tell me what is my friend thinking, Friendship

views

motion_sickness
post Jan 3 2018, 02:19 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(GamerGal @ Jan 2 2018, 01:34 AM)
I have a friend of mine, being friends for almost 7 years. We frequently hangout together and I know him since secondary school. So the thing is like this.

I told him that I got an offer for quite high salary and I thought he will be happy for me. But Since the day, he keep telling me how much he got in his bank and when he calls me, he will be in very bad mood and very lan c me too.

From that onwards, I try to talk to him nicely and even treat him to eat dinner to celebrate. But when I treated him dinner and the bill was only rm100+, he said ” so cheap, should eat more”. I know it's cheap but at least I got treat him to eat, unlike him didn't even treat me this amount before. And this sentence should not be said to your good friends, right?

From the day onwards, he sometimes called me and talk nicely but sometimes not. We didn't meet each other for 4 months since that day. This is the first time that we didn't hangout for quite long time. And when I called to ask, he will say “because you're busy”, bit he didn't even ask me to hangout, how the hell that he know im busy?

So I want to ask people here, is he jealous for what I have and should I continue be friends with him? He still will call me sometimes. Between, I am a girl and he's a guy.
haha i was once behave like your male friend (minus the remarks, im very careful with words)

i nvr knew she was rich. as we get closer and i grew older i realized she's damn rich, beyond my expectation. i become salty and insecure cos in my mind she might also grew up and realized we're not on the same level.

but that was long ago. today, i've grown up, confidently making more than i used to be and wise. mens, we just matured slower than woman did. we may age older but deep inside we're still a kids
Pete the great
post Jan 3 2018, 02:23 PM

On my way
519 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Jan 2 2018, 12:48 PM)
Guy with insecurity complex.. ego got hit cause girl makign more then him.
+1

TS, he is not boyfriend material.

And he is obviously not into you.

Because if he is, he would have croon all over you.

Noryume
post Jan 3 2018, 02:34 PM

Enthusiast
864 posts

People keep saying if he cherish the friendship. But if I was you, i would think if I would cherish this friendship. If he really my best friend I would slap his head and ask him why talking like a bitch. If he keep showing off his bank account, i would ask him to loan me some. I'll treat him like we always been. I even will tell him, he is a good friend. People change, friends change. He is just confuse,not toxic, hope he'll come to his sense soon.
anti-informatic
post Jan 3 2018, 06:01 PM

Enthusiast
902 posts

Another "What is he thinking" thread.

For me its always best to ask him yourself. People can do all the guessing game like you but in the end, its all personal thoughts.

If you value the friendship, you need to get some courage and have a talk with him to find whats the problem is, and how to overcome it.
bonedragon
post Jan 3 2018, 10:25 PM

Casual
346 posts

Got 7 bn humans on this earth why waste your time with this one?
ibnasad
post Jan 4 2018, 01:30 AM

24 posts

Perhaps your friend is having some difficult times. I propose you speak to his sibling or other friends if he's having some troubles but do it cautiously. 7 years of friendship is something worth the extra mile.
UnknownH
post Jan 4 2018, 10:35 AM

Enthusiast
1,437 posts

QUOTE(anti-informatic @ Jan 3 2018, 06:01 PM)
Another "What is he thinking" thread.

For me its always best to ask him yourself. People can do all the guessing game like you but in the end, its all personal thoughts.

If you value the friendship, you need to get some courage and have a talk with him to find whats the problem is, and how to overcome it.
So far this is the best advice mostly because this one is the simplest. Given the situation and your relationship, the solution is hardly ground-breaking if you ask me.
I don't think anyone here is a psychic. Why don't you confront him?
reed90
post Jan 4 2018, 02:27 PM

Road to the End
1,552 posts

he's jelly that's for sure.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0129sec    0.31    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:26 AM