5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> DIY Home Renovation, Solo DIY..

advocado
post Jan 3 2018, 05:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(SheepGeeks @ Jan 3 2018, 05:32 PM)
I guess, it'll depend on the existing wall colour. Mine was light yellow, so I applied 1 layer of perfect white. After few hour, I apply patching layer to cover off all the remaining patches.

The next day, I apply 2 layer of primer (each layer must be dried before proceed another one) then followed by momento. Probably 1 day++ to get it done for 1 wall but it's really tiring.

They'll provide you the special hand brush for the effects. You should prepare 1 roller for the primer application.
hi, what is the reason you applied 1 layer of perfect white before the primer? the perfect white is not part of the momento set right?

the primer is what color actually? usually primer to me means just a layer to make the next layer stick. but for momenta primer = base color?

momento is the pattern part of the paint? how long did you wait before drawing the pattern?

how much did that wall cost you to paint?
Zot
post Jan 3 2018, 05:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(lowlowc @ Jan 3 2018, 05:34 PM)
Haha, I am moving the ladder bit by bit and a bit difficult the apply the same pressure to the whole roller when craning my neck. Yes, I think I will buy a multifold ladder this weekend. Luckily, plenty of paint shops in my area.
Yes. At first bit by bit. Then stretch a bit. That's why pressure is uneven.

If multi fold is not high enough, then need two ladders and put a plank. However, be careful. Don't get lazy and try to reach out. Stay safe thumbsup.gif
SheepGeeks
post Jan 3 2018, 05:50 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(advocado @ Jan 3 2018, 05:38 PM)
hi, what is the reason you applied 1 layer of perfect white before the primer? the perfect white is not part of the momento set right?

the primer is what color actually? usually primer to me means just a layer to make the next layer stick. but for momenta primer = base color?

momento is the pattern part of the paint? how long did you wait before drawing the pattern?

how much did that wall cost you to paint?
Well, primer is in white colour but IMO, 1 liter is not enough to cover the existing colour, so it's better to cover it off first. It's not the same as ordinary white paint, it has rough surface upon dried off.

Primer takes like 1 hour to dry, so you can only apply after that.

Momento is just a special paint with glittering powder or white putty like mine. You need to paint it using cross method to produce the pattern with the custom paint brush.

For my luxury series, it comes with some small lump of white putty in the blue paint. Paint it using cross "X" method then after 30min use a flat card (provided by them) to press the white putty to produce the special white effect.

For 1 set of 1 liter for both primer & base, it cost me RM110. I bought that during PSM (Meru) stock clearance. So total is like RM110 + my perfect white, probably RM150~200.
advocado
post Jan 3 2018, 06:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(SheepGeeks @ Jan 3 2018, 05:50 PM)
Well, primer is in white colour but IMO, 1 liter is not enough to cover the existing colour, so it's better to cover it off first. It's not the same as ordinary white paint, it has rough surface upon dried off.

Primer takes like 1 hour to dry, so you can only apply after that.

Momento is just a special paint with glittering powder or white putty like mine. You need to paint it using cross method to produce the pattern with the custom paint brush.

For my luxury series, it comes with some small lump of white putty in the blue paint. Paint it using cross "X" method then after 30min use a flat card (provided by them) to press the white putty to produce the special white effect.

For 1 set of 1 liter for both primer & base, it cost me RM110. I bought that during PSM (Meru) stock clearance. So total is like RM110 + my perfect white, probably RM150~200.
the manual says do X method or the person told you? i've seen some samples go by "Rainbow" curve, i'm wondering how they do that? most shown in shops have the X pattern but i not so fancy prefer smoother patterns.

btw are there Momento with less rough surface but can still do pattern just after finish painting the surface is only slightly rough but not very obvious?
lowlowc
post Jan 3 2018, 06:06 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Zot @ Jan 3 2018, 05:40 PM)
Yes. At first bit by bit. Then stretch a bit. That's why pressure is uneven.

If multi fold is not high enough, then need two ladders and put a plank. However, be careful. Don't get lazy and try to reach out. Stay safe  thumbsup.gif
Thanks. Hopefully will finish before CNY since I am using weekends to do.

QUOTE(SheepGeeks @ Jan 3 2018, 05:24 PM)
Hi, I have no idea as well. Roller is not working on my old ceiling. So I painted my ceiling using 4" brush but so far only managed to paint 4 panels of 4' X 4' in 4 hours time.

The struggle is real man...
Gambateh. Please share the picture of your work once completed. flex.gif

This post has been edited by lowlowc: Jan 3 2018, 06:09 PM
SheepGeeks
post Jan 3 2018, 06:17 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(advocado @ Jan 3 2018, 06:05 PM)
the manual says do X method or the person told you? i've seen some samples go by "Rainbow" curve, i'm wondering how they do that? most shown in shops have the X pattern but i not so fancy prefer smoother patterns.

btw are there Momento with less rough surface but can still do pattern just after finish painting the surface is only slightly rough but not very obvious?
Manual said so and Nippon staffs taught me to paint it during the roadshow at PSM also.

The rainbow method is normally for the series with glittering powder. The concept is slightly different, 1 base colour + second layer tint with glittering powder. Example, red base colour then second layer is gold glittering powder. This series has lesser “texture”.

For mine, it comes with small putty lump inside the paint. So it will create rough surface with texture.
advocado
post Jan 3 2018, 06:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(SheepGeeks @ Jan 3 2018, 06:17 PM)
Manual said so and Nippon staffs taught me to paint it during the roadshow at PSM also.

The rainbow method is normally for the series with glittering powder. The concept is slightly different, 1 base colour + second layer tint with glittering powder. Example, red base colour then second layer is gold glittering powder. This series has lesser “texture”.

For mine, it comes with small putty lump inside the paint. So it will create rough surface with texture.
oic. price wise which one is more premium?

i prefer the glittering you mention.

the rougher surface makes dust easy to stick on and difficult to clean as the roughness may cause the cloth to stuck on it.

SheepGeeks
post Jan 3 2018, 09:19 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(advocado @ Jan 3 2018, 06:40 PM)
oic. price wise which one is more premium?

i prefer the glittering you mention.

the rougher surface makes dust easy to stick on and difficult to clean as the roughness may cause the cloth to stuck on it.
All same price, I bought 1 set of glittering one also. It's for another room.

I think you should get the catalogue from the shops, it has 68 pages, over 50++ combinations.

Enjoy dulu.. Later baru pikir how to clean it.. rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
advocado
post Jan 3 2018, 09:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(SheepGeeks @ Jan 3 2018, 09:19 PM)
All same price, I bought 1 set of glittering one also. It's for another room.

I think you should get the catalogue from the shops, it has 68 pages, over 50++ combinations.

Enjoy dulu.. Later baru pikir how to clean it..  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif
i have the book actually. just i forgot everything because it's so complex.

so to save on primer you used white paint 1st? if wall color is those yellowish white, also need white to cover up 1st?

have you done the glittering yet?
SheepGeeks
post Jan 3 2018, 09:51 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(advocado @ Jan 3 2018, 09:31 PM)

so to save on primer you used white paint 1st? if wall color is those yellowish white, also need white to cover up 1st?

My advice is to use white paint first, the 1 liter primer not enough to paint 2 layers one. Only enough to patch up after you finish first layer.

Not yet, I'm doing master room now. Need to settle this room first before moving on. I can only do it during the weekend.

advocado
post Jan 3 2018, 09:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(SheepGeeks @ Jan 3 2018, 09:51 PM)
My advice is to use white paint first, the 1 liter primer not enough to paint 2 layers one. Only enough to patch up after you finish first layer.

Not yet, I'm doing master room now. Need to settle this room first before moving on. I can only do it during the weekend.
i c. so the shortage is the primer. the base coat & top coat is sufficient like more than enough?
SheepGeeks
post Jan 3 2018, 10:16 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(advocado @ Jan 3 2018, 09:58 PM)
i c. so the shortage is the primer. the base coat & top coat is sufficient like more than enough?
No matter what series you're getting, you only supplied with 2 mediums. Either primer + colour or base colour + tint.

For my Elegant series that I posted, they only have 1 primer (white) + blue with special effect. I have another set which comes with purple base colour + teal colour tint.

It depend on how big is your wall, 1 set of 1 + 1 litre better not exceed 5m² or 53.8 sqr.ft.
advocado
post Jan 3 2018, 10:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(SheepGeeks @ Jan 3 2018, 10:16 PM)
No matter what series you're getting, you only supplied with 2 mediums. Either primer + colour or base colour + tint.

For my Elegant series that I posted, they only have 1 primer (white) + blue with special effect. I have another set which comes with purple base colour + teal colour tint.

It depend on how big is your wall, 1 set of 1 + 1 litre better not exceed 5m² or 53.8 sqr.ft.
will see. the color are standard right? meaning if i'm short i can just run out and buy more, not like custom mix if buy more end up different tone?
SheepGeeks
post Jan 3 2018, 10:30 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(advocado @ Jan 3 2018, 10:20 PM)
will see. the color are standard right? meaning if i'm short i can just run out and buy more, not like custom mix if buy more end up different tone?
All colours standard one. Just make sure to paint the pattern from top, row by row or it will messed up.
VeeJay
post Jan 3 2018, 10:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(advocado @ Jan 3 2018, 09:31 PM)

if you want simple, try sancora, those are pretty straight forward to apply

This post has been edited by VeeJay: Jan 3 2018, 10:37 PM
advocado
post Jan 3 2018, 11:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(VeeJay @ Jan 3 2018, 10:37 PM)
if you want simple, try sancora, those are pretty straight forward to apply
user posted image

looks not bad the 2 patterns on the right side. but really can achieve this patter?

is the texture rough or smooth after finish?

same like Nippon need 2 coats?

price wise compare to Momento how?

1st time heard this brand.
VeeJay
post Jan 4 2018, 12:10 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(advocado @ Jan 3 2018, 11:20 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

looks not bad the 2 patterns on the right side. but really can achieve this patter?
yes pretty straight forward

is the texture rough or smooth after finish?
smoother than other brands

same like Nippon need 2 coats?

first coat is the paint color of your choice...then
use the WOW finish to do the pattern (its like shinning glue, and uses normal painting brush provided with the purchase)

price wise compare to Momento how?

I did mine 2 years ago, cant remember. Bought it at Mr. Paint

1st time heard this brand.

Check with them when would the promotion comes, I bought half the price of momento

They are pretty famous, there are tons of signboard of them on north-south highway

This post has been edited by VeeJay: Jan 4 2018, 12:11 AM
ozak
post Jan 4 2018, 08:52 AM

10k Club

QUOTE(lowlowc @ Jan 3 2018, 05:04 PM)
I am also in the process of repainting my house. I think the prepping jobs and washing the tools are actually more tedious and takes longer than painting itself.

Do you paint the ceilings? Any tips to paint the ceiling better?
Use an extension pole with a paint roller.

You might want to tape the edge corner to get a straight line.

Use a small brush to touch up that roller cannot reach.
Zoopdiidoo
post Jan 4 2018, 09:15 AM

Getting Started

I also painted my house in momento..but i got the painter to do it...he said moving on he never wants to pick up jobs which requires momento painting cos its way harder and takes up lots of time.
SheepGeeks
post Jan 4 2018, 09:24 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Zoopdiidoo @ Jan 4 2018, 09:15 AM)
I also painted my house in momento..but i got the painter to do it...he said moving on he never wants to pick up jobs which requires momento painting cos its way harder and takes up lots of time.
Because contractor wants fast money, momento require lots of idling time waiting for each layer to dry and the application itself required more labour & skill.

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0728sec    4.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th January 2018 - 09:06 PM