Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Nano / RaiBlocks XRB Talk V1, In block-lattice we trust

views

TSAndrew Lim
post Feb 17 2018, 03:48 PM

Just keep on keeping on
2,839 posts

QUOTE(Lycanthrall @ Feb 17 2018, 02:41 PM)
I'm buying as much as possible while it's under $10. Unless we get another ShitGrail scandal, price shouldn't dip much anymore.

Also the official desktop and mobile wallets are launching soon. Expect a price increase then.

FatalExe
post Feb 20 2018, 10:36 PM

On my way
695 posts

Nano is really hurt by the BitGrail scandal and the stolen coins...

I have alot of Nano stuck in the red right now, not happy atm. Hopefully it goes back up soon.
wengherng
post Feb 21 2018, 02:49 AM

Regular
1,865 posts

Hey guys, seems you folks are very bullish on Nano.
Admittedly, I haven't had the time to really go through the whitepaper and all the other information yet.
Could you just give me a very brief rundown on what's Nano all about, what is the impact on the real world, what problem does it solve, etc.?
Would love to have a quick and dirty pitch from you guys first, before going ahead to do my own research to determine whether this project is suitable for me or not.
Thanks! smile.gif

TSAndrew Lim
post Feb 21 2018, 03:09 AM

Just keep on keeping on
2,839 posts

QUOTE(wengherng @ Feb 21 2018, 02:49 AM)
Hey guys, seems you folks are very bullish on Nano.
Admittedly, I haven't had the time to really go through the whitepaper and all the other information yet.
Could you just give me a very brief rundown on what's Nano all about, what is the impact on the real world, what problem does it solve, etc.?
Would love to have a quick and dirty pitch from you guys first, before going ahead to do my own research to determine whether this project is suitable for me or not.
Thanks! smile.gif
Create a wallet at https://nanowallet.io/.
If you have a Binance account you can use the Nano deposit address there.
PM me your wallet address and I'll send you 1 free Nano tomorrow. smile.gif

Benefits
I would say the main draw is zero fees and very fast transfers. Almost every other coin will end up creating "dust" or deduct a transfer amount. But if you send N amount of XRB/Nano to another address, the address will always receive N amount.

Falling Prices
Right now Nano's price has been falling because of a recent scandal involving BitGrail losing millions of Nano over a period starting from December. It's created a lot of FUD, and coupled with BTC's resurgence, the price has been tanking.

Long-Term
Most of the FUD now has nothing to do with the technology. The Nano protocol is still solid and has not been compromised in any way. It's still the only coin right now that does fast and free transfers. The dev team is going to release new desktop and mobile wallets soon, and they will be creatinga new roadmap for Nano as well.

So if you're looking for a long-term hodl, this would be a good time to buy some Nano.

wengherng
post Feb 21 2018, 04:47 PM

Regular
1,865 posts

QUOTE(Andrew Lim @ Feb 21 2018, 03:09 AM)
Create a wallet at https://nanowallet.io/.
If you have a Binance account you can use the Nano deposit address there.
PM me your wallet address and I'll send you 1 free Nano tomorrow. smile.gif

Benefits
I would say the main draw is zero fees and very fast transfers. Almost every other coin will end up creating "dust" or deduct a transfer amount.  But if you send N amount of XRB/Nano to another address, the address will always receive N amount.

Falling Prices
Right now Nano's price has been falling because of a recent scandal involving BitGrail losing millions of Nano over a period starting from December. It's created a lot of FUD, and coupled with BTC's resurgence, the price has been tanking.

Long-Term
Most of the FUD now has nothing to do with the technology. The Nano protocol is still solid and has not been compromised in any way. It's still the only coin right now that does fast and free transfers. The dev team is going to release new desktop and mobile wallets soon, and they will be creatinga  new roadmap for Nano as well.

So if you're looking for a long-term hodl, this would be a good time to buy some Nano.
Thanks for the explanation.
So, basically, to my very limited understanding, it aims to capitalise on Bitcoin's flaws and shortcomings, such as scalability, speed of transaction, and fees, but has to do so at the expense of decentralisation.
It has quite an uphill battle, the way I see it, especially with the myriad coins out there trying to do something similar, each with a slightly different selling point (e.g. Monero, Verge, Dash, Litecoin, etc.).
Will need to read up more about it.
By the way, thanks for the generous offer! smile.gif

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0123sec    0.45    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:44 PM