Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Grab

views

TSTAN WENG
post Dec 29 2017, 11:38 PM, updated 7y ago

Getting Started
137 posts

Any idea how much salary can get work full time grab fed up with my current job gonna resign new year n do grab
utusanmeridian
post Dec 29 2017, 11:51 PM

Getting Started
110 posts

It's all depends on how much time you are willing to drive. There is no fix amount of monthly salary like a normal desk job. But after a while doing it, you will learn patterns on how to achieve certain amount of money daily, weekly and monthly.
TSTAN WENG
post Dec 29 2017, 11:55 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

QUOTE(utusanmeridian @ Dec 29 2017, 11:51 PM)
It's all depends on how much time you are willing to drive. There is no fix amount of monthly salary like a normal desk job. But after a while doing it, you will learn patterns on how to achieve certain amount of money daily, weekly and monthly.
Ok thx
SUS1UP
post Dec 30 2017, 12:00 AM

19 posts

QUOTE(TAN WENG @ Dec 29 2017, 11:38 PM)
Any idea how much salary can get work full time grab fed up with my current job gonna resign new year n do grab
Long story short, doing the economy service, one can earn RM20 nett on a bad day; with condition, using the right car and apply the right driving strategy.
Any other stuff besides Crap taking your commission, such as AL, MC, SOCSO, accident, etc, sendiri tanggung.
If you want to register as a Grab driver, do contact me. I'll help you
wannoradzahari
post Dec 30 2017, 01:43 AM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(TAN WENG @ Dec 29 2017, 11:38 PM)
I am thinking of the same thing. I want to quit my day job and drive Grab as well. I just started Grab on thursday. Thursday night I fill in petrol full tank around rm60-rm65.

I managed to get two trips totalling amount RM21 fare on Thursday night. I start driving around 8:30 pm to 10pm.

On Friday, I start at 8:15 am to 10:00 am. Then i took a break. 12 noon i continue until 1 o'clock. Then I go for Friday prayers. Then i drove again from 2pm to 4pm. Then i went to settle some personal business. I continue from 5pm to 7:45 pm. Then I stop. So total on Friday i drove for about 7 to 8 hours. My total fare was RM 120.

By this time, my tank (Axia auto) left half tank. Commission to Grab 25%. You do the maths. I'm quite disappointed really. But I ask in my whatsapp group, they say my total fare was quite low for a 7+ hours of driving. Maybe I wasn't so lucky. I did 14 jobs on Friday but most of the jobs are below RM10.

taitianhin
post Dec 30 2017, 01:50 AM

This is
1,322 posts

QUOTE(wannoradzahari @ Dec 30 2017, 01:43 AM)
I am thinking of the same thing. I want to quit my day job and drive Grab as well. I just started Grab on thursday. Thursday night I fill in petrol full tank around rm60-rm65.

I managed to get two trips totalling amount RM21 fare on Thursday night. I start driving around 8:30 pm to 10pm.

On Friday, I start at 8:15 am to 10:00 am. Then i took a break. 12 noon i continue until 1 o'clock. Then I go for Friday prayers. Then i drove again from 2pm to 4pm. Then i went to settle some personal business. I continue from 5pm to 7:45 pm. Then I stop. So total on Friday i drove for about 7 to 8 hours. My total fare was RM 120.

By this time, my tank (Axia auto) left half tank. Commission to Grab 25%. You do the maths. I'm quite disappointed really. But I ask in my whatsapp group, they say my total fare was quite low for a 7+ hours of driving. Maybe I wasn't so lucky. I did 14 jobs on Friday but most of the jobs are below RM10.
mcm good story...sad income...any more input?
wannoradzahari
post Dec 30 2017, 01:56 AM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(taitianhin @ Dec 30 2017, 01:50 AM)
mcm good story...sad income...any more input?
Yeah. But I probably was just unlucky. According to the other grab drivers, they say that rm120 for 7 hours of driving is a little too low. My best guess is maybe try to get KLIA job at least once in a day of driving.

It is worth noting that some of the drivers shared their earnings at they could earn rm200+ in just 10 jobs. On Friday, I did 14 jobs. Yes FOURTEEN. And got only rm120 fare.

This post has been edited by wannoradzahari: Dec 30 2017, 01:58 AM
TSTAN WENG
post Dec 30 2017, 08:09 AM

Getting Started
137 posts

QUOTE(wannoradzahari @ Dec 30 2017, 01:56 AM)
Yeah. But I probably was just unlucky. According to the other grab drivers, they say that rm120 for 7 hours of driving is a little too low. My best guess is maybe try to get KLIA job at least once in a day of driving.

It is worth noting that some of the drivers shared their earnings at they could earn rm200+ in just 10 jobs. On Friday, I did 14 jobs. Yes FOURTEEN. And got only rm120 fare.
If like tat really not worth it
Xaser_3
post Dec 30 2017, 08:20 AM

Because I Fly, I envy no man on earth...
All Stars
10,453 posts

So sorry to say this, but it seems like over worked and under paid.
TSTAN WENG
post Dec 30 2017, 08:39 AM

Getting Started
137 posts

QUOTE(Xaser_3 @ Dec 30 2017, 08:20 AM)
So sorry to say this, but it seems like over worked and under paid.
Need to find other alternative
YoungMan
post Dec 30 2017, 09:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,393 posts

I'd say TS, do not quit your job and be a full time driver. There are just too many Grab/uber around in certain areas, and you will not have fix earning. Go find some other job to do, then do Grab as part time or at night when you are free.
yunalesca
post Dec 30 2017, 10:24 AM

On my way
694 posts

Drive UG cannot depend on fare only. Sure loss.

Must depend on incentives like HG, Quest, Ace.
TSTAN WENG
post Dec 30 2017, 11:55 AM

Getting Started
137 posts

QUOTE(YoungMan @ Dec 30 2017, 09:49 AM)
I'd say TS, do not quit your job and be a full time driver. There are just too many Grab/uber around in certain areas, and you will not have fix earning. Go find some other job to do, then do Grab as part time or at night when you are free.
Agree with u
SUS1UP
post Dec 30 2017, 04:43 PM

19 posts

This is due to the fact that you didn't optimise your strategy yet. Read the Grab thread n ask the guys. If you are not into reading, then ask some experience driver here, buy him a good meal or so n he'll teach u to fish
skylinelover
post Dec 31 2017, 11:02 AM

Future Crypto Player๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ‘ŠDriver Abamsado๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž
All Stars
10,509 posts

Dont ever quit

As 4 me since i quit bcuz of politics and 100x kena interviews rejected then only i full time GRAB

๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„if you still holding on job like it or not better stay put and drive full weekends๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Even if i already earning CEO monthly pay doing full time i still would not recommend quitters just 2 full time GRAB๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–
TSTAN WENG
post Dec 31 2017, 12:16 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Dec 31 2017, 11:02 AM)
Dont ever quit

As 4 me since i quit bcuz of politics and 100x kena interviews rejected then only i full time GRAB

๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„if you still holding on job like it or not better stay put and drive full weekends๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Even if i already earning CEO monthly pay doing full time i still would not recommend quitters just 2 full time GRAB๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–
I try to be patient
Ginny88
post Jan 3 2018, 03:51 PM

Regular
1,032 posts

Don't forget your long term car maintenance costs like tyres, brake pads, wear and tear parts and servicing.

Your income is unpredictable as it depends on price of petrol, variable terms and conditions and luck.

If you are willing to work 12 hours and day, 6 days a week you may be able to make some decent income but after deducting your short term and long term costs I doubt it will be better than a regular 9-5 job.

Furthermore as a taxi driver you are not learning anything to further your personal development and future earning.

In short you should treat Grab/Uber as a sideline income instead of a full time job. It's hard work for low pay and there is not much future in it.
TSTAN WENG
post Jan 3 2018, 05:14 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

QUOTE(Ginny88 @ Jan 3 2018, 03:51 PM)
Don't forget your long term car maintenance costs like tyres, brake pads, wear and tear parts and servicing.

Your income is unpredictable as it depends on price of petrol, variable terms and conditions and luck.

If you are willing to work 12 hours and day, 6 days a week you may be able to make some decent income but after deducting your short term and long term costs I doubt it will be better than a regular 9-5 job.

Furthermore as a taxi driver you are not learning anything to further your personal development and future earning.

In short you should treat Grab/Uber as a sideline income instead of a full time job. It's hard work for low pay and there is not much future in it.
agree i going to put my resignation letter just now after u comment i take back need to think many times

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0123sec    0.20    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:05 AM