Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> How to remotely access router at home

dexz
post Feb 2 2018, 01:20 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(soonwai @ Feb 1 2018, 11:50 PM)
First 2 weeks are free?
Oops. They have removed the lifetime free version. Anyway thanks for the info.
AdrianG001
post Feb 2 2018, 11:28 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(JohnSoh @ Dec 29 2017, 12:08 PM)
I use TP-Link router from Unifi. At home, I use an app from TP-Link called "Tether" to access and make changes to the router since  my phone is connected to the house wifi.

How do I control my router if I am outside? Primarily, I need it to cut Internet access to selected gadgets the kids are using.

(I humbly request to use simpler, less technical language to explain).

Many thanks.
Hey,

Open the web browser and in the address bar type in:
http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 or tplinklogin.net
Then press Enter.

Note:
The LAN IP is vary by model. Please find it on the bottom label of the product.

Step 2
Type the username and password in the login page. They are both admin by default.

Step 3
Click Security->Remote Management on the left side.

Step 4
With the default setting (Port 80 and IP address 0.0.0.0), the Remote Management function is disabled.
To enable this function, please change the Remote Management IP address from 0.0.0.0 to a specific authorized remote IP address.

You can also change the Web Management port to another one if necessary, this is also a security enhancement.

Step 5
Click Save to save the settings.
To access the Router, you should enter your Router's WAN IP address into your browser's address (in IE) or location (in Netscape) box and the custom port number. For example, if your Router's WAN address is 202.96.12.8 and you use port number 8080, enter http://202.96.12.8:8080 in your browser. You will be asked for the Router's password. After successfully entering the password, you will be able to access the Router's web-based utility.

Note:
1. Type a specific Public IP address for the Remote Management IP Address means that you can only connect to this device remotely from a computer which is using this specific IP address.

2. Type 0.0.0.0 Remote Management IP Address means that you cannot connect to this device remotely.

3. Type 255.255.255.255 Remote Management IP Address means that you can connect to the router remotely from anywhere via Internet, this is not recommended and please use it with caution.

4. We suggest changing the default log in Username and Password if the Remote Management feature is enabled, especially if you typed 255.255.255.255 as the Remote Management IP address.

Adrian Gates
Sr. Cloud Expert - CloudDesktopOnline

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0548sec    2.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th October 2018 - 05:10 AM