Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel To Japan V11, Nippon here we come!

views

DEVILtonight
post May 18 2018, 10:38 AM

Getting Started
74 posts

Does any sifus here know of any good agent that can help with Japanese visa application?

An expat friend's visa was rejected recently, as he didn't submit some documents that aren't compulsory in the checklist. Wrote an appeal letter for reconsideration and tossed in way more supporting documents for future submission, but hoping to get an agent that could assist further
DEVILtonight
post May 18 2018, 02:33 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

QUOTE(Belphegor @ May 18 2018, 12:25 PM)
You can try Apple Agency. They are quite well-known travel agency, probably can help with a fee.
Thank you~! I emailed them immediately and a very nice lady called back. She spoke to their visa department, and unfortunately, they are unable to help this case, as they could only do a guarantor for ppl under their tour package.

DEVILtonight
post May 28 2018, 04:30 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

Any of you guys planning to use Airbnb? A heads up - there is a new law coming into place this June called Minpaku law. http://goboiano.com/people-visiting-japan-...ew-minpaku-law/

Also, regarding my friend's case (applied for Japan visa and kena rejected), he tried to appeal, but the Japanese embassy did not accept the appeal. He will have to wait for 6 months before he is able to apply again. He had over 10k in his savings, valid working visa with over a year here, and basically fulfilled all the criterias. No idea why. The embassy has a policy of not telling why.
DEVILtonight
post May 29 2018, 10:28 AM

Getting Started
74 posts

QUOTE(yvonnesoo @ May 28 2018, 05:13 PM)
your friend is not from malaysia? malaysian doesn't require apply for japan visa now  hmm.gif
Yeap. He's not from here. Malaysians don't even need to go embassy now right.
DEVILtonight
post Jun 1 2018, 02:26 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

Got one extra ticket for Ghibli Museum for 18/6 2pm due to friend tak boleh pigi. Anyone wants? It's 1000 yen, which is the exact ticket price.
DEVILtonight
post Jun 7 2018, 12:13 AM

Getting Started
74 posts

If anyone here has booked and paid with Airbnb in June and after, I can share my experience of a refund.

My host confirmed with me that her place is affected by the law, and I requested the host to cancel. She asked me to cancel, and she will refund. This she may, but never cancel on your side in cases like these. It went back and forth, until I contacted Airbnb and explained the situation. Within a day, I got back what I paid.

FYI

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1484sec    0.60    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:03 PM