Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel To Japan V11, Nippon here we come!

views

Belphegor
post Dec 28 2017, 05:15 PM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(KTCY @ Dec 28 2017, 10:24 AM)
Hello guys, Need some help to prepare for Hokkaido itinerary next year Dec.
I know there are 10 threads before this but anyone willing to share me his / her itinerary ?

Would really appreciate that.

Thinking to spend about 6days in Hokkaido. Will it be too long ?
There's always free sources for you to go through, else you can always pay me RM100 for me to come up the itinerary for you which is alot cheaper than outside. Your choice. wink.gif

So excited for my upcoming vacation. rclxm9.gif Already start planning on the places to go this time as my second visit to Tokyo. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Belphegor: Dec 28 2017, 05:16 PM
Belphegor
post Dec 28 2017, 05:42 PM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Dec 28 2017, 05:31 PM)
laugh.gif really now... mine is one month before yours and I'm not even in jolly mood yet hahahaha.
Much welcome, it's just an indication. You can study the currency pattern online as well. In early 2016, the exchange rate was 1,000yen = RM32+. But many doubt that the drop this time will go as low as that. We're already rejoicing at 36+.
Faster plan your itinerary! Then I can copy use yours as reference. laugh.gif

QUOTE(MeToo @ Dec 28 2017, 05:32 PM)
Planning to drop by Tokyo with 3 adults and 1 toddler (4 yrs old). Not familiar with Japan...

Plan to stay at Ginza (is this a suitable place based on below itinary?)

Day 1 reach Narita airpot
Night time : sukiyabashi crossing – ginza .

Day 2 : Asakusa – Nakamise and Meiji Shrine ( Shibuya ) or Shinjuku gyoen park proceed to harajuku
Sensoji temple , kimono experience, rickshaw tour , nakamise, asakusa shrine
Follow with meiji shrine ( next to it has yogogi park) then Shinjuku gyoen park ( which 1 better?)
and proceed to Harajuku at night.

Day 3 : Disneyland : Stay Disneyland Hotel

Day 4 : Disnyeland then head to onsen ( hot spring ) Oedo onsen monogatari

Day 5 : Tokyo centre : fukagawa edo museum, imperial palace, akibahara

Da6 : Ueno park and aiport

Seems very free and easy, cause got toddler dont really want to rush around...
Your Day two gonna have VERY good planning as you have a full schedule ahead. Minus the time you gonna have meals in between, I believe you have less than 7 hours to go through all these. I suggest you skip some as I took 1 day to visit Shibuya and another day for Shinjuku.

Asakusa, Senso-ji, Ueno, Akihabara can go into a day. imperial palace and museum a must to visit? Else can skip. Suggest you wake up early to go for Tsukiji market to have breakfast only then kick start your day 5. wink.gif
Belphegor
post Dec 29 2017, 12:16 PM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(royalz @ Dec 29 2017, 12:03 PM)
hi guys...will be going Japan April 2018 (first time)

I will be going Tokyo - Kyoto - Osaka - Nara - Tokyo

1) Will it be better to stay in Kyoto and Osaka  or do day trip from Osaka daily? will be in Osaka 3 nights and Kyoto 2 nights. The thought of moving luggage from one place to another and thinking where I can store them if cannot check in accommodation early ? I checked Kyoto and Osaka is 30 mins apart so if I do day trip from Osaka-Kyoto daily will be 1 hour just for travelling.

Which accomodation plan will be better?
a. Stay 2 nights kyoto then 3 nights osaka
b. Stay all 5 nights in Osaka
2) Plan to purchase JR Pass 7 days + Osaka Amazing Pass. Are there any better/cheaper option? Worth to get Osaka Amazing pass since I already have JR Pass? Also putting these two passes into consideration for point number 1.

Thanks guys.
Ticket bought? Go how many days?

Tokyo itself, 7 days already not enough, first time going to Tokyo, which area you intend to cover? hmm.gif
Belphegor
post Jan 6 2018, 10:47 PM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(janson_kaniaz @ Jan 6 2018, 10:37 PM)
So many temples in Kyoto, which is the best?
You can try ask uncle google.
Belphegor
post Jan 17 2018, 10:23 AM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(hh_yeap @ Jan 16 2018, 04:38 PM)
hi, can anybody share their experience of process time of immigration and baggage claim in Haneda Airport ? My ETA is 10.30pm. I am not worried about catching the train of Keikyu Line but I am worried I might missed the Toei Line (Shinjuku to Nishi Shinjuku).

Is the process of exiting the Airport fast ? can be done under 40 minutes ?
From what I see in google, the last train should be leaving at 11.42pm, but not direct transit from Keikyu to Toei.

- Keikyu HND terminal - Keikyu Shinagawa
- JR Yamanote Shinagawa - JR Yamanote Shinjuku
- Oedo Shinjuku - Oedo Nishi Shinjuku

Fare: unknown, but shouldn't be more than 1k yen.
Belphegor
post Jan 18 2018, 11:41 AM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(Speedy~ @ Jan 17 2018, 11:16 AM)
Tried once, no delay from AA.. Rush down from plane, immigration processing and baggage claim. Still manage to reach safely to Nishi Shinjuku. (Manage to buy JR pass from airport as well) Doable if no delay and walk fast.

My coming trip, same time. This time with elderly and kid, a-bit worrying.. still considering should i stay up near by Haneda or not
Overnight in airport la laugh.gif Else stay one night in nearest city would be better, then move on to the better hotel/accommodations on the next day. Do note that Japan have very late check in, usually starts from 3pm on wards so better store your luggage at the nearest station to your next accommodations to have a more free movement during the day. laugh.gif

Those luggage storage usually filled up very fast so go early to avoid disappointment. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Belphegor: Jan 18 2018, 11:43 AM
Belphegor
post Jan 19 2018, 11:08 AM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(Speedy~ @ Jan 19 2018, 11:05 AM)
Don't really mind overnight in airport.. however with kids and elderly seem like very inconvenient for me to do so.. Advise taken on staying in nearest city.. Considering that as well.  rclxms.gif
Enjoy your trip and have fun in Japan! rclxm9.gif
Belphegor
post Jan 23 2018, 02:07 PM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(Jet23sky @ Jan 23 2018, 01:29 PM)
10th May - Nope. Going to stay maybe half day in Akihabara. I will look into those places that you suggested.

11th May - Good idea, do you think allocating this xtra day for Osaka or Tokyo better?

[s]12th May - Which part in Tokyo you think is better to stay? Cause I hope I can stay the place which night lift is quite lively. Like Wongkok in Hong Kong.[/b]
Thanks! I will take the early morning for better time allocation
There's no other place lively as Shinjuku during night time. But bare in mind the accommodations are also quite hefty if you book late. So please plan early.
Belphegor
post Jan 26 2018, 02:20 PM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(swn525 @ Jan 26 2018, 02:18 PM)
enough for me, i will go osaka, nara, kyoto start on 31th, 5 days trip
i bring RM1.8k only, include eat, attraction, transport, shopping
shopping include drug shop, wine, daiso, gundam kits
RM1.8k, I assume you bring 50k? That should be more than enough if you budget well on your makan and transport. Attraction wise, would be abit hard for you to go USJ if include shopping.
Belphegor
post Jan 26 2018, 02:48 PM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(swn525 @ Jan 26 2018, 02:40 PM)
yup, 50k yen
last time did go USJ, so no USJ this time
no need worry me, haha, for osaka, kyoto, nara route, been there 3 times, this is my 4th time

actually for osaka & kyoto, RM2k can cover all expenses, include flight, airbnb, eat, attraction, transport, everything just exclude shopping & USJ
nice! 4th time eh? There's something about Japan that got us hooked isn't it? laugh.gif I will be going back to Tokyo this coming June as well after visiting the place last year February! rclxm9.gif
Belphegor
post Jan 29 2018, 12:36 PM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(mugenz @ Jan 29 2018, 12:25 PM)
True dat. But like RegentCid said if really change into USD might lose alot. Well then i will just change extra more.
According to Japan Guide, CC is not widely used?
Depends on where you want to shop. Most places I go, all accept visa, master or union pay.
Belphegor
post Feb 1 2018, 04:32 PM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(tohff7 @ Feb 1 2018, 03:54 PM)
I stay at Hotel Mizuno 2 years ago. It's at the opposite side of Lake Kawaguchi, so you can get a nice view of Mount Fuji and the reflection in the lake. They have Japanese style and Western style room. They also have a public bath and private reservable open-air bath at rooftop

It's seems they did a major renovation in 2017 and hotel looks much nicer than before.

One thing to note is that the hotel is located on a higher ground up a slope from the main road. So, make use of their bus shuttle service instead of trying to go there on your own.
From your experience, is there anything to do during the visit to Lake Kawaguchi? Cause I was there last year and I only did a day trip instead of overnight trip. I don't find there much stuff to do except for scenery viewing. hmm.gif
Belphegor
post Feb 1 2018, 05:14 PM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(mugenz @ Feb 1 2018, 05:04 PM)
In fact this is what i thought as well. Personally its about relax , scenery and having a dip in the hotspring.
if you intend to spend a day there for the scenery and whatnot to relax and slow down the pace, I believe you can do so. But my last trip having so many things and places to visit, I had to go for day trip as I only went there for a week. laugh.gif
Belphegor
post Feb 5 2018, 10:11 AM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(lawtm @ Feb 4 2018, 12:50 PM)
May i know how much needed for the expenses foods in Tokyo for 6 days per couple. Beside that may i know whether the phone gps working or not in japan due to japanese language and roadside / shop got any english language.
Expenses on food varies from individual to individual. Safe to say around JPY8,000 to have a comfortable meal per day. Phone GPS definitely will work, is the app that if is accurate. I suggest to use Google Maps. All data inside are very much accurate.
Belphegor
post Feb 6 2018, 09:42 AM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(lawtm @ Feb 5 2018, 09:09 PM)
Most importantly is English GPS can work at Tokyo and people at Tokyo can communicate well english language?
Again I stress, it would be the app issue when you want to find location in Tokyo accurately. Already suggested you to use google map, as it is English app for you to understand. Japanese aren't good with English. You can't expect them to understand what you say and reply you in a proper manner. It's usually straight-toh, left, right when you ask for direction.

However you may stumble the tourist guide that are usually in their retirement age that speaks better English than most of the people around the cities. They are the key person you can look for when you lost your way. I stumble them around Ginza area, so I am not sure the areas their team are covering.
Belphegor
post Feb 9 2018, 12:33 PM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(ykw_86 @ Feb 9 2018, 11:27 AM)
By any chance anyone will be travelling to Hokkaido anytime soon or currently in Hokkaido, need help to buy a music box from Otaru.
or is the any channel that I can get one  biggrin.gif ?

Thanks in advance notworthy.gif
Your location? If is KL/Selangor then can help you buy. My friend is there currently.
Belphegor
post Feb 19 2018, 11:50 AM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(imran85 @ Feb 19 2018, 11:00 AM)
I used this app when I was there https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/navitime-fo...d686373726?mt=8 this one mentioned for me to stay on train when my google maps mentioned to get out. Lol test luck worst case trackback.
Just gotta check with the counter information before you board if you are unsure. Or better yet, check with the travelers if you ada bola, chances are they will say they don't know and you ended up with counter information again. laugh.gif
Belphegor
post Feb 19 2018, 04:11 PM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(deodorant @ Feb 19 2018, 01:05 PM)
Like sweet_pez said (she knows cos she was the one who came with me*), it's in SGD for 2pax.
QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Feb 19 2018, 01:10 PM)
Cracking dangerous jokes aren't we bruce.gif

I know coz someone asked the same question to deodorant in the Japan Group Chat (on whatsapp) laugh.gif
ehem ehem. so did you guys met? laugh.gif
Belphegor
post Mar 5 2018, 10:10 AM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(midnightsunray @ Mar 3 2018, 06:01 PM)
BTW, the currency exchange from RM to Yen has risen quite high these past two weeks. Nasib baik I already bought my Yen but my mum still wants to buy more.
IMO anything below RM37.50 still worth to change. But entirely up to you to gauge between the rate and the travel date. Just make sure you don't press panic button like my friend here. laugh.gif *hint hint*

Anyone been to Kabukicho in Shinjuku? I heard there is good ramen restaurants there. I'm going with my 60 plus year old mum so I don't know if it's appropriate since it's a red light district.
I stayed at Kabukicho with my gf last year February. I was worried at first but proved that I worry for nothing. The place is safe and no people kacau us, except some blacks who came to me and ask you want to happy?, despite my gf was beside me laugh.gif But needless to worry if you only go Kabukicho for ramen, just try not to stay until too late as nothing good comes after late night. innocent.gif

We are ramen freaks so I think I'll be hunting down ramen-ya throughout my trip. Normally, I go for tonkotsu soup base as I find it's the most tasty.

Let me know! Thanks smile.gif
Guess you need not to be introduce to Ichiran and Afuri right? laugh.gif Can consider Rinrin ramen shop located north of Tokyo. One of the cheapest and tastiest ramen and they serve gyoza as well.

If you are tempura hunter as well, can consider Kamakura's Tempura opposite Budhha statue or Shinjuku's Tempura Tsunahachi Shinjuku Main Store

Hope my suggestions aided a little to your upcoming trip! thumbsup.gif

QUOTE(Chaud @ Mar 5 2018, 09:56 AM)
i 1 month to go but still haven't plan yet laugh.gif

DisneySean and Disneyland I think can go on the same day since they open at 8am and close at 10pm
IMO if you are only planning to check the place out, yes you can. If you planning to play all the facilities, you definitely need to split two days. The queue are at least 1 hour and above if you do not have any fast pass.

This post has been edited by Belphegor: Mar 5 2018, 10:11 AM
Belphegor
post Apr 17 2018, 10:24 AM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(morningmorning @ Apr 17 2018, 08:28 AM)
Thanks man. Im trying to find a service provider that can give me the least headache, since im not able to speak japanese nor understand it. Online booking can be done, but I hope I wont face any problem trying to board the bus.
QUOTE(domo_kun @ Apr 17 2018, 09:06 AM)
I don't remember which online ticketing system for that bus. But there is one, maybe other members here can share?
I booked mine last year with this website. It allows me to book and reserve but pay on the counter. So you can book a few, by judging or predict the weather on the day you want to go. Only cost JPY3500 for return journey from Shinjuku Station to Kawaguchiko Station, whole journey takes about 2 hour+-.

The bus journey was rather relaxing. My gf and I get to nap during the ride, and I believe many of us hate those reckless bus drivers who jam break or suddenly speeds up. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Belphegor: Apr 17 2018, 10:24 AM

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1313sec    0.21    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:44 AM