Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Travel To Japan V11, Nippon here we come!

Monya Meow Meow
post Yesterday, 05:50 PM

100% Tiffanyfied
Group: Senior Member

I just asked my brother and seems like he knows nothing of this mysterious pandemic.
However if it's cold/flu or measles related then all good coz I had my jab early this year (if it lasts that long).
RegentCid
post Yesterday, 05:51 PM

グローバル防衛構想

If you been Tohoku 311 earthquake as volunteer or survivor, this kind of flu all been immune.

No takut at all.

This post has been edited by RegentCid: Yesterday, 05:51 PM
sweet_pez
post Yesterday, 06:38 PM

日本に行こう!
Group Icon
Jobs & Careers
Group: Moderator

QUOTE(TOMEI-R @ Oct 18 2018, 05:37 PM)
Sorry.. I really dont know.  tongue.gif  But I still get the normal flu. Errmm... The doctor said it would be good for those travelling a lot so I took the jab. doh.gif  Its about Rm100 per pop. You can try to ask your GP.
Wahahahaha then i guess it's fine kot, since doc said it's good to have if you're travelling.

QUOTE(Monya Meow Meow @ Oct 18 2018, 05:50 PM)
I just asked my brother and seems like he knows nothing of this mysterious pandemic.
However if it's cold/flu or measles related then all good coz I had my jab early this year (if it lasts that long).
Should be alright I guess? Vaccination do last for some time hmm.gif
Puteih
post Yesterday, 07:15 PM

Dah ludah jilat balik

We have to get vaccines beforehand? Oh no, I never knew about this. Can I go to any private clinic and get the vaccines? What do I need to say to the doctor?
Blofeld
post Yesterday, 09:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(TOMEI-R @ Oct 18 2018, 05:33 PM)
Noted..... Do we have any vaccines against measles?
You can get vacinnation against Flu/colds. I already got mine, called influenza vaccine.. If Im not mistaken, the doctor did mention once a year. Better be safe then sorry.
It's part of the MMR vaccination. Malaysian kids receive two doses of MMR as an infant and when they are 7 years old. Those born before 2002 don't receive this.

Only girls get the rubella vaccination when they were a teen back then.

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Oct 18 2018, 05:35 PM)
But you see, there are many different types of flu also... the vaccination provided is for general flu or to protect against certain specific type of flu? Just out of curiosity hmm.gif
The vaccination for in(flu)enza only covers one strain when there are hundreds of strains out there. And one particular flu strain mutates every year.

The flu is important for those who are likely to get complications from flu like elderly groups, immunocompromised patients, etc.

If you are a healthy person, some experts might say it's not necessary.

And some of us might have been infected with flu and we got over it (thinking it's just a common cold infection) without even realising it.
TOMEI-R
post Today, 09:03 AM

Extraordinaire

QUOTE(Puteih @ Oct 18 2018, 07:15 PM)
We have to get vaccines beforehand? Oh no, I never knew about this. Can I go to any private clinic and get the vaccines? What do I need to say to the doctor?
Influenza vaccination. Best to consult your gp first.
sweet_pez
post Today, 09:25 AM

日本に行こう!
Group Icon
Jobs & Careers

QUOTE(Blofeld @ Oct 18 2018, 09:38 PM)
It's part of the MMR vaccination. Malaysian kids receive two doses of MMR as an infant and when they are 7 years old. Those born before 2002 don't receive this.

Only girls get the rubella vaccination when they were a teen back then.
The vaccination for in(flu)enza only covers one strain when there are hundreds of strains out there. And one particular flu strain mutates every year.

The flu is important for those who are likely to get complications from flu like elderly groups, immunocompromised patients, etc.

If you are a healthy person, some experts might say it's not necessary.

And some of us might have been infected with flu and we got over it (thinking it's just a common cold infection) without even realising it.
Yes that makes sense. I should think elderly or infants going should at least get the jab as precaution. As for the average adult, it's likely fine without the vaccination.
giggs_509
post Today, 09:45 AM

Regular

I took my 3 year old kid for vaccine last week. RM90 only, doc said for influenza and some other disease. And after come back from trip need 1 more jab. Then can lasts for a year

This post has been edited by giggs_509: Today, 09:47 AM
sacwoc
post Today, 10:34 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

I think its better to confirm what epidemic/disease that is spreading in Japan. If not this will cause unnecessary worry for anyone. That is how normally gossip spread without any proof...I heard from a friend. Its not that I am saying anyone of you is lying, but without any source its just hearsay.
sweet_pez
post Today, 12:23 PM

日本に行こう!
Group Icon
Jobs & Careers

QUOTE(sacwoc @ Oct 19 2018, 10:34 AM)
I think its better to confirm what epidemic/disease that is spreading in Japan. If not this will cause unnecessary worry for anyone. That is how normally gossip spread without any proof...I heard from a friend.  Its not that I am saying anyone of you is lying, but without any source its just hearsay.
I agree, it will cause unnecessary panic among people. But I do agree epidemic or not, infants and elderly should get proper vaccination before going Holiday - Japan or not. They are more susceptible to germs, virus etc thus it wouldn't do them harm to have better protection before going for trips overseas.
babyandy
post Today, 01:48 PM

Getting Started

Hi boys and girls,
Anyone going to japan within this 25 days? I have a unlimited japan WiFi to let go... For free and the Exp date are the date I posted... this sim cost ¥2,660 so it’s a good pick up
Monya Meow Meow
post Today, 01:56 PM

100% Tiffanyfied

QUOTE(babyandy @ Oct 19 2018, 01:48 PM)
Hi boys and girls,
Anyone going to japan within this 25 days? I have a unlimited japan WiFi to let go... For free and the Exp date are the date I posted... this sim cost ¥2,660 so it’s a good pick up
When is the expiry date? 25 days from today?
If so I am very interested as I will be there from the 3rd onwards.

This post has been edited by Monya Meow Meow: Today, 01:59 PM
deodorant
post Today, 04:38 PM

Surfing LYN instead of Working.

Just to chip in, annual/seasonal flu jabs don't give resistance against ALL types of flu. They only protect against what the experts predict will be the most common serious flu vaccines for the upcoming year/season.

Example: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/season/flu-se...n-2018-2019.htm

What viruses will the 2018-2019 flu vaccines protect against?

There are many different flu viruses and they are constantly changing. The composition of U.S. flu vaccines is reviewed annually and updated as needed to match circulating flu viruses. Flu vaccines protect against the three or four viruses (depending on vaccine) that research suggests will be most common. For 2018-2019, trivalent (three-component) vaccines are recommended to contain:

A/Michigan/45/2015 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus
A/Singapore/INFIMH-16-0019/2016 A(H3N2)-like virus (updated)
B/Colorado/06/2017-like (Victoria lineage) virus (updated)
Quadrivalent (four-component) vaccines, which protect against a second lineage of B viruses, are recommended to contain:

the three recommended viruses above, plus B/Phuket/3073/2013-like (Yamagata lineage) virus.

If you take the flu jab and get exposed to any variant other than these 3-4 variants, if your immune system gets overwhelmed you will still get sick anyway.

This post has been edited by deodorant: Today, 04:38 PM
skzisghost
post Today, 07:04 PM

Getting Started

Sakura rare early blossom due to typhoon. Wonder will it affect viewing next year?

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0691sec    3.09    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th October 2018 - 07:35 PM