Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
197 Pages « < 113 114 115 116 117 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel To Japan V11, Nippon here we come!

views

lunarwolf
post Aug 16 2018, 11:14 PM

Regular
1,144 posts

QUOTE(Belphegor @ Aug 16 2018, 07:03 PM)
Not advisable if you or your partner are shopaholic. Even for a person like me who doesn't really shop, I cannot have enough to have only one day in Shinjuku/Shibuya.

Believe me, is that addictive laugh.gif
Yes, due to the fact that many densha-otaku taking undies during train commute, thats why they had to resolve to keep the sound on even is in silent mode. laugh.gif
Well can share what you actually shop in shibuya/shinjuku drool.gif

This post has been edited by lunarwolf: Aug 16 2018, 11:15 PM
SkyHermit
post Aug 16 2018, 11:53 PM

Regular
1,792 posts

QUOTE(yhtan @ Aug 16 2018, 05:39 PM)
not recommending u to buy iPhone from Japan, my friend bought it and enjoy 10% discount.

End up he realize he take photo in silent mode also got sound laugh.gif

Probably to curb the stalker from taking private photo laugh.gif
QUOTE(Belphegor @ Aug 16 2018, 07:03 PM)
Not advisable if you or your partner are shopaholic. Even for a person like me who doesn't really shop, I cannot have enough to have only one day in Shinjuku/Shibuya.

Believe me, is that addictive laugh.gif
Yes, due to the fact that many densha-otaku taking undies during train commute, thats why they had to resolve to keep the sound on even is in silent mode. laugh.gif
Yeah heard about this as well. But some say if you use Non-Japanese SIM in it there no more shuttering sound. But another Malaysian forumer said there is still shuttering sound when using Malaysian SIM card in Malaysia. Anyone can confirm?

This post has been edited by SkyHermit: Aug 16 2018, 11:54 PM
macforcheap
post Aug 16 2018, 11:55 PM

0 posts

Hi, is there any florist in Narita International Airport?

yhtan
post Aug 16 2018, 11:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

QUOTE(SkyHermit @ Aug 16 2018, 11:53 PM)
Yeah heard about this as well. But some say if you use Non-Japanese SIM in it there no more shuttering sound. But another Malaysian forumer said there is still shuttering sound when using Malaysian SIM card in Malaysia. Anyone can confirm?
U use Malaysia SIM also useless, u need to jailbreak the iPhone only can change this setting laugh.gif

My friend bought it and try to snap photo in silent mode, all of sudden the shutter sound is on, apparently it is the default setting for Japan iPhone.
Belphegor
post Aug 17 2018, 01:29 AM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(lunarwolf @ Aug 16 2018, 11:14 PM)
Well can share what you actually shop in shibuya/shinjuku drool.gif
I myself like Japanese food, had some list of restaurants that are located in Shibuya. For apparels, I got follow some street trends like Bathing Ape, Neighborhood, Undercover, Mastermind, etc. Shibuya are generally cheaper compare to buying it from other country.

Other than that more or less Bicqlo, combination of Bic Camera and Uniqlo. Their uniqlo has the latest trend, so you can dropby and check it out as well. laugh.gif

QUOTE(SkyHermit @ Aug 16 2018, 11:53 PM)
QUOTE(yhtan @ Aug 16 2018, 11:56 PM)
U use Malaysia SIM also useless, u need to jailbreak the iPhone only can change this setting laugh.gif

My friend bought it and try to snap photo in silent mode, all of sudden the shutter sound is on, apparently it is the default setting for Japan iPhone.
I believe is the phone instead of sim. No point even if u change. But if you are alright with the snapping sound in silent mode, can go ahead and buy cause is really cheaper.
facktura
post Aug 17 2018, 04:49 AM

Regular
1,566 posts

Keisei Skyline & Metro Pass, as i understand it give us one way ride of Skyliner to Nippori/Ueno, and Metro pass depending for 24H or 48H right?

My question is, if we buy return Keisei Skyliner, the validity to take the another trip back to Narita airport can be anytime in the future like 2 weeks later?

and this metro pass that comes with it, once we start taking metro only it will be activated right? say i started using it at 10am, it will expire 10am the next day?

And last Keisei skyliner will go directly at Ueno station or stop at Nippori, is it the same station? No metro needed right since the pass comes with Metro as well so i just wondering. Thanks.
Monya Meow Meow
post Aug 17 2018, 07:09 AM

100% Tiffanyfied
2,222 posts

QUOTE(RegentCid @ Aug 16 2018, 08:37 PM)
This one very hardcore

so so long didnt saw this kind of itinerary already. 
I tot only me will do this kind of style. (Focus on Tokyo surrounding, not the city it self)
Only made possible with a car and a brother who's been living there for 6+ years.
In honesty, may not get to every point of our itinerary so will make changes as we go along.
TSsweet_pez
post Aug 17 2018, 09:12 AM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(lunarwolf @ Aug 16 2018, 05:31 PM)
Well unfortunately we didnt plan to change hotel in our trip. We will station in asakusa throughout the whole trip. I think majority of our trip on nikko and kamakura will be spend on temple and shrine as we plan to explore the different architecture and also the environment of each of them. Not sure whether will there be a major difference between all the temple and shrine. Saw your nikko post actually the 3 UNESCO shrines can be finished by 2-3 hours?

As for shopping well akihabara will be our major area. The rest will be just window shopping which will more like explore the shopping complex. My gf favorite will be food hunting (not luxury one, more on like street food and special cafe)
Nikko and Kamakura is about shrines, so if there's anyone in the group who are not keen - it will appear boring. Each of the shrine has its own beauty and story.

Unfortunately I only manage to do 2 cry.gif missed out Futarasan because we had to leave the inn by 10am. The last shuttle bus from the inn to the station is 10. Aih wished we had more time. If we don't take it, we'll have to walk 30 minutes or more back to the station.

Speed is up to you. There's a lot to see in Toshogu Shrine and I think we spent >1.5 hours there alone. It was nice to enjoy the carvings. But don't expect much on the 眠り猫 nemurineko (sleeping cat) hahahaha. Shall not spoil it for anyone who has yet to see it. There's also many steps uphill towards Tokugawa Ieyasu's mausoleum. I think I did a lot of leg work in my last trip ohmy.gif

Anyway for Rinnouji - it's like a museum/ exhibit thus if you go fast, you'll actually be out in 15-20min. We slowly check out the stuffs there and read most of the descriptions - got out around 30-40 minutes. The place is not big - just go one round and then it's the exit.

Window shopping? cool2.gif very familiar term uttered by a number of my friends before they flew to Japan... and return back with an extra luggage (bought in Japan).
lunarwolf
post Aug 17 2018, 12:32 PM

Regular
1,144 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Aug 17 2018, 09:12 AM)
Nikko and Kamakura is about shrines, so if there's anyone in the group who are not keen - it will appear boring. Each of the shrine has its own beauty and story.

Unfortunately I only manage to do 2 cry.gif missed out Futarasan because we had to leave the inn by 10am. The last shuttle bus from the inn to the station is 10. Aih wished we had more time. If we don't take it, we'll have to walk 30 minutes or more back to the station.

Speed is up to you. There's a lot to see in Toshogu Shrine and I think we spent >1.5 hours there alone. It was nice to enjoy the carvings. But don't expect much on the 眠り猫 nemurineko (sleeping cat) hahahaha. Shall not spoil it for anyone who has yet to see it. There's also many steps uphill towards Tokugawa Ieyasu's mausoleum. I think I did a lot of leg work in my last trip ohmy.gif

Anyway for Rinnouji - it's like a museum/ exhibit thus if you go fast, you'll actually be out in 15-20min. We slowly check out the stuffs there and read most of the descriptions - got out around 30-40 minutes. The place is not big - just go one round and then it's the exit.

Window shopping? cool2.gif very familiar term uttered by a number of my friends before they flew to Japan... and return back with an extra luggage (bought in Japan).
Thanks for the recommendation. As majority of the attraction I google doesn’t seem to suggest how long to spend on each of them. I hope those stair u mentioned is not very steep or very high when looking down. I still remember during Bangkok we go to a place like a pyramid shape, going up is not an issue but when coming down because I afraid of height I need to go down In Backward direction( head facing the stairs)

As for shopping because we maybe will buy one or two t shirt that represent japan and sourvenier. The rest will be juz shopping in akibahara for my figurine

lucaswjk
post Aug 17 2018, 12:41 PM

~im coming~
3,764 posts

QUOTE(Monya Meow Meow @ Aug 17 2018, 07:09 AM)
Only made possible with a car and a brother who's been living there for 6+ years.
In honesty, may not get to every point of our itinerary so will make changes as we go along.
even with car, u will be very tired
will not enjoy the trip

take care...
TSsweet_pez
post Aug 17 2018, 12:44 PM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(lunarwolf @ Aug 17 2018, 12:32 PM)
Thanks for the recommendation. As majority of the attraction I google doesn’t seem to suggest how long to spend on each of them. I hope those stair u mentioned is not very steep or very high when looking down. I still remember during Bangkok we go to a place like a pyramid shape, going up is not an issue but when coming down because I afraid of height I need to go down In Backward direction( head facing the stairs)

As for shopping because we maybe will buy one or two t shirt that represent japan and sourvenier. The rest will be juz shopping in akibahara for my figurine
It's hard to suggest time as everyone would have different pace. Granted there's time, I would have easily spent 2.5 hours or more at Toshogu alone. The steps are fine, it's not too steep wink.gif

I don't know why i end up seeing a lot of stock images but this is it: https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-nikko-jap...-171872257.html

In the case of such shopping, I'll suggest Uniqlo in Ginza. There are 12 floors, but on the 11th floor is where a number of t-shirts that are Japan-only edition is available. Definitely worth checking out.

Also this:
https://jw-webmagazine.com/5-must-buy-items...za-a42df8e283c3
Monya Meow Meow
post Aug 17 2018, 02:30 PM

100% Tiffanyfied
2,222 posts

QUOTE(lucaswjk @ Aug 17 2018, 12:41 PM)
even with car, u will be very tired
will not enjoy the trip

take care...
Like I said, we will adjust as we move along.
If some places are not do-able then I'll just drop them, no biggie.
Having 4 drivers should help in terms of tiredness tongue.gif
Monya Meow Meow
post Aug 17 2018, 02:31 PM

100% Tiffanyfied
2,222 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Aug 17 2018, 12:44 PM)
It's hard to suggest time as everyone would have different pace. Granted there's time, I would have easily spent 2.5 hours or more at Toshogu alone. The steps are fine, it's not too steep wink.gif

I don't know why i end up seeing a lot of stock images but this is it: https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-nikko-jap...-171872257.html

In the case of such shopping, I'll suggest Uniqlo in Ginza. There are 12 floors, but on the 11th floor is where a number of t-shirts that are Japan-only edition is available. Definitely worth checking out.

Also this:
https://jw-webmagazine.com/5-must-buy-items...za-a42df8e283c3
12 floors of Uniqlo... shocking.gif

cc980024
post Aug 17 2018, 02:42 PM

Casual
492 posts

Best of DIY is.. all are tentative plans.. during the day itself.. play-by-ears. Anytime can add and remove plans.

We encounter before.. love a place too much, which end up decide to cancel next day plan (sacrifies visit to another town), in order to have 1 more day of walking around the same place again.
TSsweet_pez
post Aug 17 2018, 03:14 PM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(Monya Meow Meow @ Aug 17 2018, 02:31 PM)
12 floors of Uniqlo...  shocking.gif
Yes, 12 floors lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif the top 2 floors is where they display the top selling collections and on the 11th floor is where all the cute, wonderful t-shirts are!

user posted image

user posted image
Wonder_Me
post Aug 17 2018, 03:29 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

Wow~
thanks for sharing all these~
Going to Tokyo next year~
All these info helps a lot *thumbs up*
rickarch
post Aug 17 2018, 06:11 PM

Getting Started
69 posts

hi everyone,

i'm going over to Japan next month. can we bring mooncakes from Malaysia? any issue with Customs dept?

thanks in advance.

This post has been edited by rickarch: Aug 17 2018, 06:12 PM
lucaswjk
post Aug 18 2018, 12:45 AM

~im coming~
3,764 posts

QUOTE(rickarch @ Aug 17 2018, 06:11 PM)
hi everyone,

i'm going over to Japan next month. can we bring mooncakes from Malaysia? any issue with Customs dept?

thanks in advance.
mooncake ok,
no pork or ciken... especially ba kua, meat jerky

(some country cannot bring seed or flower also)

ps: last time i accidentally bring ba kua, lucky no check
rickarch
post Aug 18 2018, 02:57 PM

Getting Started
69 posts

QUOTE(lucaswjk @ Aug 18 2018, 12:45 AM)
mooncake ok,
no pork or ciken... especially ba kua, meat jerky

(some country cannot bring seed or flower also)

ps: last time i accidentally bring ba kua, lucky no check
thanks bro for the prompt reply.

btw mooncakes with yolk should be ok too? coz some countries only allow mooncakes without yolk.
lucaswjk
post Aug 18 2018, 04:31 PM

~im coming~
3,764 posts

QUOTE(rickarch @ Aug 18 2018, 02:57 PM)
thanks bro for the prompt reply.

btw mooncakes with yolk should be ok too? coz some countries only allow mooncakes without yolk.
yolk is used in bakery too...
theorically no problem.

but i cant guarantee this, coz im not expert

197 Pages « < 113 114 115 116 117 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0217sec    0.18    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:06 AM