Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

Please post GE14 related topics in the following new section ► https://forum.lowyat.net/MalaysiaVotes2018

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Cancelling an accepted job offer

Acheron
post Dec 29 2017, 12:39 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Okay let me help feel better.

As long as you no go report duty on the first day still okay.

Even if they able to legally charge you, they wont do that because the cost for court and lawyer is higher than your 2 months salary (taken your salary is not more than 7K).

furthermore, you case will only be entertain minimum 6 months or can be after a year. So they wont go chase you unless you stole company information or something severe.

all these hassle will make them not chase you hehe

Note: after you send email declining the job just ignore their phone call or email.whatever they say dont care. as i said before they surely wont go for legal action to get a mere 2 to 3 months salary. taken your notice is that long lor. hehe
sojurn
post Dec 29 2017, 07:59 AM

Getting Started

Read the offer letter. Probationary period is usually 24 hour notice both ways. My philosophy is to always be open and honest.

Just say that you got another offer that is more suited to your aspiration. Thank them for the opportunity they have given. Then move on.
mingfei2u
post Dec 29 2017, 01:21 PM

Getting Started

better gaji ke? =)
santik
post Jan 1 2018, 12:39 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Acheron @ Dec 29 2017, 12:39 AM)
Okay let me help feel better.

As long as you no go report duty on the first day still okay.

Even if they able  to legally charge you, they wont do that because the cost for court and lawyer is higher than your 2 months salary (taken your salary is not more than 7K).

furthermore, you case will only be entertain minimum 6 months or can be after a year. So they wont go chase you unless you stole company information or something severe.

all these hassle will make them not chase you hehe

Note: after you send email declining the job just ignore their phone call or email.whatever they say dont care. as i said before they surely wont go for legal action to get a mere 2 to 3 months salary. taken your notice is that long lor. hehe
True. I don't think the company will even bother to follow up with legal cases, they will need to fill someone in sooner.

But then they may hate you for wasting their time.
lifeofkuli
post Jan 2 2018, 03:20 PM

QUOTE(tiestoycc @ Dec 25 2017, 11:54 PM)
signed an offer letter, but the offer letter has no clauses or terms stated, just plain offer letter with position and salary
any tips to tell?
no issue .... as long as u inform earlier nicely to allow them have time to look for others candidate
ibnasad
post Jan 4 2018, 01:39 AM

I have encountered the same situation, my advise:

1. Check the offer letter on your start date, if you have not started it should be alright.

2. Speak to the hiring manager / recruiter as soon as you realise you do not want to commit to the job offer. Better to speak on the phone then send an email stating the reasons of not being able to commit.

By doing this you should be able to minimise the damage of relationship between you and the company. The networking you built might be useful in the future.

Btw, congratulations on your new job offer biggrin.gif

kuccified
post Jan 5 2018, 12:42 AM

Group: Newbie

Read the offer letter if there are any clauses. Just inform company A ASAP and be nice and apologetic about it. Never piss off a HR he/she could be recruiting you for your next job. If you tell them far in advance usually they will just wish you luck or counteroffer but kinda CLM before joining, I don’t recommend. As long as 1 week before if not they may have started processing admin work (ID etc.) I’ve declined twice before, no issue whatsoever (unless you are a CEO as world is small)

This post has been edited by kuccified: Jan 5 2018, 12:43 AM
d.ender5089
post Jan 6 2018, 12:31 PM

Group: Newbie

1st, i contact to hr department Com B that you having long vacation for 1 month(lied) or say lied say attending funeral ceremony for 1 month. So, hope they can prolong the job offer you.

By then you job at COM A see it suitable or not for 1 month. If not, then immediately resign . Then call COM B wish to work there early as possible.......how about that......
calvintiffy
post Jan 7 2018, 07:41 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(tiestoycc @ Dec 25 2017, 10:51 PM)
The scenario is this, I have already accepted a job offer from Com A. Then now I received another offer from Com B which is more inclined with my skills and seems to be my type of environment.

Is there any way for me to cancel my offer from Com A? Will there be a any legal repercussions? Will I need to pay for anything?

Need some serious advice on this. Thanks!
Has this been resolved?

If you haven't started, just inform them by call/email will do. Don't worry too much about the contract, if there isn't any penalty clause.

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0745sec    5.90    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th April 2018 - 11:10 AM