Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> VPN options, any suggestions?

views

TSmooze
post Dec 25 2017, 04:23 AM, updated 2y ago

Asyhaduanla ila haillallah.. wa asyhaduanna muhammadurrasulullah
1,351 posts

Dear forumers, as subject, kindly suggest good reliable VPN . I'm unsure whether we have local VPN providers to choose.
Currently using free version of TunnelBear. https://www.tunnelbear.com/why-vpn
Would subscribe to a fee membership for full features (tunnelbear is 6.99USD / monthly) . But in long run, need know available best cost-saving VPN providers.

random look at articles, like this one, got some suggestion, http://www.techradar.com/vpn/best-vpn
The 5 best VPN services 2018
1. ExpressVPN
2. IPVanish
3. VyprVPN
4. NordVPN
5. TunnelBear

This post has been edited by mooze: Dec 25 2017, 04:29 AM
alucard89
post Dec 25 2017, 09:33 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,104 posts

Depending on your usage mostly
I mostly use vpn to stream us based streaming services like hulu, amazon prime etc since I can't use custom dns on digi 4g
I've tested Expressvpn & Nordvpn and expressvpn provides better speed when streaming in HD

I'd recommend to grab an account from garage sales with much cheaper price since it's shared account
TSmooze
post Jan 9 2018, 01:43 AM

Asyhaduanla ila haillallah.. wa asyhaduanna muhammadurrasulullah
1,351 posts

alright noted thank you
nodeffect
post Apr 6 2018, 06:29 PM

Your past does not equal your future.
1,221 posts

for phone, im using operaVPN...
ahchun
post Apr 6 2018, 06:32 PM

MiddleAge
937 posts

Expressvpn if you need to travel to China more often
KKTECHHUB
post Apr 6 2018, 07:38 PM

Getting Started
130 posts

QUOTE(mooze @ Dec 25 2017, 04:23 AM)
Dear forumers, as subject, kindly suggest good reliable VPN . I'm unsure whether we have local VPN providers to choose.
Would subscribe to a fee membership for full features (tunnelbear is 6.99USD / monthly) . But in long run, need know available best cost-saving VPN providers.

random look at articles, like this one, got some suggestion, http://www.techradar.com/vpn/best-vpn
1. ExpressVPN
2. IPVanish
3. VyprVPN
4. NordVPN
5. TunnelBear
You can try Nordvpn with 2 years plan at rm10/month.

Best value for money vpn.

lwk523
post Apr 22 2018, 04:41 PM

Premium Q Trader
889 posts

Hi, I have SG VPN and the speed and ping is really reliable. Pm me if you want to share with me .

smile.gif
amandaconnor
post Sep 11 2018, 03:32 AM

4 posts

I think you should try using Ivacy VPN to Hide IP Address from ISP spying and also to access and stream content that is geo-restricted in your region.
touristking
post Sep 22 2018, 11:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,572 posts

QUOTE(KKTECHHUB @ Apr 6 2018, 12:38 PM)
You can try Nordvpn with 2 years plan at rm10/month.

Best value for money vpn.
Care to hook up to a Singapore and Malaysia server and let me know their respective speed? Using openvpn protocol. Thanks.

KKTECHHUB
post Sep 22 2018, 03:35 PM

Getting Started
130 posts

QUOTE(touristking @ Sep 22 2018, 11:36 AM)
Care to hook up to a Singapore and Malaysia server and let me know their respective speed? Using openvpn protocol. Thanks.
Please check ur PM.
entertop
post Nov 16 2018, 10:02 PM

11 posts

Can Use the Opera Browser, Opera Browser have the VPN features
Kognisjon
post Nov 28 2018, 10:41 AM

31 posts

I tried some of that list and they are pretty good. I am currently using VPN Unlimited because they have a good sale for Black Friday https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com/en/pricing and I hope to keep using it. I also tried free VPN some time but it a huge waste of time. You are watching video online with lags and it's so annoying. So, the main thing in VPN is speed. Free VPN doesn't have this opportunity and you are struggling to watch the video or favorite Netflix in poor quality and it makes you roll eyes. Thank god I have paid VPN and want to advise you to have the same because only with the paid one you get more. The last but not least thing is the variety of different servers to connect to.
stacyy11
post Jul 1 2019, 09:31 PM

4 posts

I am currently using PureVPN for streaming Hulu in Australia, they have 30 day trial so its easy for anyone to experiment and if it doesn't work try any other option. Visit this link to learn more about PureVPN "Download VPN"
Helen Curtis P
post Jul 17 2019, 08:52 PM

Probation
1 posts

You have a local provider is the best option whos is giving a tremendous service we all don't wanna compromise with our security and protection. if some local providers also give unblocking or break you're all restriction through any local VPN service I am using Canada local VPN I can watch and see all or favorite content same like another so why do I use another! The local option is always best it will cost you less with reliable customer service. rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif
SnowWolf
post Aug 27 2019, 08:57 AM

Getting Started
251 posts

QUOTE(Helen Curtis @ Jul 17 2019, 08:52 PM)
You have a local provider is the best option whos is giving a  tremendous service we all don't wanna compromise with our security and protection. if some local providers also give unblocking or break you're all restriction through any local VPN service I am using Canada local VPN  I can watch and see all or favorite content same like another so why do I use another! The local option is always best it will cost you less with reliable customer service. rclxm9.gif  rclxm9.gif
I think you're mistaking having a local VPN server with a VPN being local. FastestVPN is Cayman Islands based and not Canada-based. Also, connecting to a local server won't necessarily give you the best speed result, there are other factors involved. Server load, country infrastructure, even the exact location in the country where the VPN server is located - these and more will affect the speed.

You can check some of the factors that affect your VPN speed here.

arowana33
post Sep 7 2019, 10:41 PM

Getting Started
194 posts

QUOTE(mooze @ Dec 25 2017, 04:23 AM)

1. ExpressVPN
2. IPVanish
3. VyprVPN
4. NordVPN
5. TunnelBear
Hi, what sort of service you after while using VPN? What what you willing to pay, Can provide alternative custom solutions. Cost saving and more importantly low load servers.
failed.hashcheck
post Sep 26 2019, 01:22 AM

I do agriculture
1,607 posts

Cloudflare has VPN (Warp)

never tried it personally, but its hard to image for it not being above average when it has Cloudflare name on it.
Its an implementation of Wireguard underneath, which is way more preferable than typical openvpn servers.

This post has been edited by failed.hashcheck: Sep 26 2019, 01:36 AM
Eline85
post Sep 30 2019, 10:56 PM

2 posts

I use Nord but everyone has their own preferences, here are the best free vpn options.
hornfeast P
post Oct 9 2019, 09:46 PM

Probation
1 posts

I saw a new way to get a NordVPN premium for free if anyone is interested. They are currently partnering up with Yoti (which is a free app that creates a secure digital identity). When you sign up, you get a 30-day free subscription to Nord.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0391sec    3.00    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th October 2019 - 02:45 PM