Personal equipment
Modem: DLink Wireless DSL 2640T
Router:
Firewall used:

Problem details
First occurence of problem:
Problem frequency:
Problem description:
I just bought a new DLINK Wireless DSL 2640T modem. I have configured the username and password, but it cannot connect to the internet. The status is always waiting for response. Anything else I need to configure? I have no problem to access to the modem using wireless. I just cannot get connected to streamyx. I have tried different telephone cables and splitters. The status LED at the modem is blinking indicating normal. What I can do?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mingwei82
post Apr 27 2007, 11:23 AM

Group: Junior Member

I think the modem is not suitable to your area. i also test DLINK 2540T. The same problem occurs. Try others modem and see it. Beside that try to change your VPI to 0.

QUOTE(leekk8 @ Apr 27 2007, 11:17 AM)
Broadband provider
ISP/package: TMNET Streamyx
Have you called your ISP's helpline?: No

Personal equipment
Modem: DLink Wireless DSL 2640T
Router:
Firewall used:

Problem details
First occurence of problem:
Problem frequency:
Problem description:
I just bought a new DLINK Wireless DSL 2640T modem. I have configured the username and password, but it cannot connect to the internet. The status is always waiting for response. Anything else I need to configure? I have no problem to access to the modem using wireless. I just cannot get connected to streamyx. I have tried different telephone cables and splitters. The status LED at the modem is blinking indicating normal. What I can do?
This post has been edited by mingwei82: Apr 27 2007, 11:25 AM
+Quote Post
badigol
post Apr 27 2007, 11:25 AM

Getting Started

Change the settings for VPI from 8 to 0.
+Quote Post
leekk8
post Apr 27 2007, 11:59 AM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

Few questions here:
1. Is location affecting the modem used? How this can be?
2. What is VPI? This is the thing confuses me...There are two things default value is 8 and 35.
+Quote Post
scorps
post Apr 27 2007, 12:24 PM

Something you call love, but I call sex

QUOTE(leekk8 @ Apr 27 2007, 12:59 PM)
Few questions here:
1. Is location affecting the modem used? How this can be?
2. What is VPI? This is the thing confuses me...There are two things default value is 8 and 35.
(VPI/VCI=Singapore 0/100; Malaysia 0/35; Indonesia 1/33; SriLanKa 8/35)
+Quote Post
leekk8
post Apr 27 2007, 12:27 PM

Regular

QUOTE(scorps @ Apr 27 2007, 12:24 PM)
(VPI/VCI=Singapore 0/100; Malaysia 0/35; Indonesia 1/33; SriLanKa 8/35)
Thanks...then tonight I will try to change the VPI to 0 and test...Hopefully I can online lah...need internet to do work from home...

Any others possibilities that I can try on?

This post has been edited by leekk8: Apr 27 2007, 01:08 PM
+Quote Post
mingwei82
post Apr 27 2007, 01:08 PM

QUOTE(leekk8 @ Apr 27 2007, 12:27 PM)
Thanks...then tonight I will try to change the VPI to 0 and test...Hopefully I can online lah...need internet to do work from home...
Hey... If you still cannot do it. suggest you change another brand of modem. smile.gif
+Quote Post
leekk8
post Apr 27 2007, 01:29 PM

Regular

QUOTE(mingwei82 @ Apr 27 2007, 01:08 PM)
Hey... If you still cannot do it. suggest you change another brand of modem. smile.gif
Why? I check on the website...this model of modem is TMNET certified... Why must I change other brand of modem? I just bought this modem...

Added on April 27, 2007, 11:14 pmThanks, mingwei, badigol and scorps...

I can connect to streamyx after I change the VPI from 8 to 0. It works!

Added on April 28, 2007, 10:59 pmI can connect to the streamyx after changing the VPI from 8 to 0. However, everytime I off and on my modem, the VPI value is back to 8, and everytime I have to change the VPI value, then only I can online.
I try to run wizard again, when I click Next after I change the VPI number, the page cannot be displayed.
How I can save the settings? Im using DLINK DSL 2640T.

Added on April 30, 2007, 8:41 amNow I have another problem, after I connected to streamyx a while, the connection seemed like lost. I can ping to the wireless modem, but I can't even access the modem using IE. I need to switch off the modem and on again, then the connection become normal again. After around 15 minutes, problem occurs again and I have to off and on the modem always. Any idea what happen to the modem? I'm running BitComet. Will this affect the connection? My old Aztech modem has no such problem. Once I change to this new DLINK modem, it's really unstable.

This post has been edited by leekk8: Apr 30 2007, 08:41 AM
+Quote Post
shinobikit
post Apr 30 2007, 10:19 AM

Honey Bunny

QUOTE(leekk8 @ Apr 27 2007, 01:29 PM)
Why? I check on the website...this model of modem is TMNET certified... Why must I change other brand of modem? I just bought this modem...

Added on April 27, 2007, 11:14 pmThanks, mingwei, badigol and scorps...

I can connect to streamyx after I change the VPI from 8 to 0. It works!

Added on April 28, 2007, 10:59 pmI can connect to the streamyx after changing the VPI from 8 to 0. However, everytime I off and on my modem, the VPI value is back to 8, and everytime I have to change the VPI value, then only I can online.
I try to run wizard again, when I click Next after I change the VPI number, the page cannot be displayed.
How I can save the settings? Im using DLINK DSL 2640T.

Added on April 30, 2007, 8:41 amNow I have another problem, after I connected to streamyx a while, the connection seemed like lost. I can ping to the wireless modem, but I can't even access the modem using IE. I need to switch off the modem and on again, then the connection become normal again. After around 15 minutes, problem occurs again and I have to off and on the modem always. Any idea what happen to the modem? I'm running BitComet. Will this affect the connection? My old Aztech modem has no such problem. Once I change to this new DLINK modem, it's really unstable.
go under tool.. then misselicious.... the click 'save setting and reboot'..

then all data will be saved..
+Quote Post
scorps
post Apr 30 2007, 10:30 AM

QUOTE(leekk8 @ Apr 27 2007, 02:29 PM)

do you connect using wireless or wired(cable)??
running bitcomet at all speed of bandwitdh also will effect for peformance
+Quote Post
leekk8
post Apr 30 2007, 11:47 AM

Regular

QUOTE(scorps @ Apr 30 2007, 10:30 AM)
do you connect using wireless or wired(cable)??
running bitcomet at all speed of bandwitdh also will effect for peformance
Im using wireless...
I can see the bitcomet is not at high speed, just around 10kB/s...Last time I have no such problem with my Aztech modem...I use wireless as well that time...my bitcomet can download at 50kB/s while I can surf net smoothly...

Now Im testing...without bitcomet on, I can connect without problem...have been online for 3hours without disconnect...
+Quote Post
apexi78
post May 1 2007, 04:24 PM

End = Beginning = End

Either you will have to enable Upnp in the modem and also in ur bitomet setting, or you will have to do the port forarding manually. I am using the same modem, getting bout 30kb or more smile.gif

+Quote Post
leekk8
post May 1 2007, 10:18 PM

Regular

QUOTE(apexi78 @ May 1 2007, 04:24 PM)
Either you will have to enable Upnp in the modem and also in ur bitomet setting, or you will have to do the port forarding manually. I am using the same modem, getting bout 30kb or more smile.gif
You're using same modem as mine? Do you experience sometime you cant connect to the modem after sometime? I have 2 laptops connecting to the modem wireless. I find that after some time, the connection to internet is disconnected, as I can't even login to my modem. I have tried using just 1 laptop. I can connect up to 5 hours. If I connect using 2 laptops together...I only manage to connect 30minute. Every 30 minutes or less, I have to restart my modem.

Anybody can help on this?

What actually UPNP does? Im noob in this.
+Quote Post
scorps
post May 1 2007, 11:39 PM

QUOTE(leekk8 @ May 1 2007, 11:18 PM)
You're using same modem as mine? Do you experience sometime you cant connect to the modem after sometime? I have 2 laptops connecting to the modem wireless. I find that after some time, the connection to internet is disconnected, as I can't even login to my modem. I have tried using just 1 laptop. I can connect up to 5 hours. If I connect using 2 laptops together...I only manage to connect 30minute. Every 30 minutes or less, I have to restart my modem.

Anybody can help on this?

What actually UPNP does? Im noob in this.
UPnP
UPnP supports zero-configuration networking and automatic discovery for many types of networked devices. When
enabled, it allows other devices that support UPnP to dynamically join a network, obtain an IP address, convey its
capabilities, and learn about the presence and capabilities of other devices. DHCP and DNS service can also be used if
available on the network. UPnP also allows supported devices to leave a network automatically without adverse effects
to the device or other devices on the network.
UPnP is a protocol supported by diverse networking media including Ethernet, Firewire, phone line, and power line
networking.

user posted image

+Quote Post
leekk8
post May 2 2007, 12:35 PM

Regular

Thanks, scorps.

What's the effect if I turn on this UPnP? Any effect to my internet connection? Any configuration need to be done on my laptop?
In the image you attached, there are many PVC connection, which one I should select?
+Quote Post
apexi78
post May 2 2007, 05:39 PM

End = Beginning = End

Select pvc0.

I dun experience the problem you having, but I'm on Cable LAN, not in Wifi.

Disconnected as in how? even ADSL status also showing not connected?

Sorry, I don't think you are able to check on that. Ok, do like this. when you are not able to connect to the router, right click your Lan connection and choose repair, see if this helps.
+Quote Post
leekk8
post May 3 2007, 10:51 AM

Regular

QUOTE(apexi78 @ May 2 2007, 05:39 PM)
Select pvc0.

I dun experience the problem you having, but I'm on Cable LAN, not in Wifi.

Disconnected as in how? even ADSL status also showing not connected?

Sorry, I don't think you are able to check on that. Ok, do like this. when you are not able to connect to the router, right click your Lan connection and choose repair, see if this helps.
When disconnected, I still can see the network connection icon on the taskbar is showing connected. I can't surf internet, as all page also cannot be found. Then, I try to ping the modem, sometime can, sometime cannot. I can't access the modem configuration page. So, I also don't know how to check on the ADSL connection.
+Quote Post
andy8274
post May 3 2007, 04:01 PM

Getting Started

upgrade firmware, set dns on ur laptop...
+Quote Post
leekk8
post May 3 2007, 10:53 PM

Regular

QUOTE(andy8274 @ May 3 2007, 04:01 PM)
upgrade firmware, set dns on ur laptop...
I think I can get the firmware from DLINK website, right?

For the DNS, is it setting the modem IP for the DNS address in my laptop?
+Quote Post
apexi78
post May 4 2007, 01:06 PM

End = Beginning = End

May I know how far is the access point from ur Wireless adapter?

Yes, the firmware can be downloaded from DLink, but flash them with RJ45 connected to the modem, not wirless.

From what you mentioned, seems like your Wireless adapter lost sync with your modem.

+Quote Post
leekk8
post May 4 2007, 09:10 PM

Regular

QUOTE(apexi78 @ May 4 2007, 01:06 PM)
May I know how far is the access point from ur Wireless adapter?

Yes, the firmware can be downloaded from DLink, but flash them with RJ45 connected to the modem, not wirless.

From what you mentioned, seems like your Wireless adapter lost sync with your modem.
Thanks for your suggestions...

My laptop is about 5m from the access point. I have checked DLINK website, the firmware in the modem is the latest one.

Anyway, Im still testing what is the reason...I suspect this might be caused by malware in my laptop. These 2 days, after I remove the spoolsvv.exe, problem seems gone. When I look at the task manager, there are 2 processes having extension .tmp. So, now I remove all these, the connection seemed not disconnected for around 3hours. I still have no time to test longer...

Btw, the speed of bitcomet is still slow, but this might be caused of the low number of peer and seeds.
+Quote Post
fir3f0x
post May 6 2007, 01:48 AM

Casual

Im using the same model as yours here . I bought it like last week n set those stuffs up myself based on what i experienced coz there's no information about it even in their homepage and those portforwarding stuffs pun tak ada , but never face disconnection with 1 laptop using wire and another apple using wireless . If u still encounter that problem try pm me , im willing to help .

This post has been edited by fir3f0x: May 6 2007, 01:53 AM
+Quote Post
megadisc
post Oct 13 2007, 10:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(fir3f0x @ May 6 2007, 02:48 AM)
Im using the same model as yours here . I bought it like last week n set those stuffs up myself based on what i experienced coz there's no information about it even in their homepage and those portforwarding stuffs pun tak ada , but never face disconnection with 1 laptop using wire and another apple using wireless . If u still encounter that problem try pm me , im willing to help .
hi there,

jsut bought the same model with you ..

but so far no problem wor...

tried to keep it as simple as possible for the connection leh

i hope this works for you wor.
+Quote Post
mvangel
post Oct 25 2007, 03:42 PM

Group: New Member

Hello people

I found this topic by searching internet 'dsl-2640t status led' because I cannot connect to internet in any way with this device.

I am first-time user of this moden, when trying configure, I found problems related in this topic very same to my problems.

I live Brazil and asked local ISP for VPI / VCI values which are 0 / 35 which I set.

All leds are working ok, status led blinking (that's rignt?), ADSL LAN and WAN leds on , computer says connected to network, but WAN status remains 'waiting for response'

I upgraded ok firmware to 2007-09-19 and checked again, then created a 'bridge' connection just to check if ISP user/pass is ok by entering them manually, and I got error 678 - the remote computer did not response... again and again

DLINK online support can't helpme anymore because they coulnd't figure whats happening, but some people here appears to know very well these details and maybe could guide me.

thanks

Mig - Brazil

+Quote Post
apexi78
post Oct 25 2007, 06:07 PM

End = Beginning = End

It seems like the ADSL port isn't responding. Can try with another modem?

You can actually check the log in your modem too.

This post has been edited by apexi78: Oct 25 2007, 06:08 PM
+Quote Post
Koross
post Oct 28 2007, 10:52 PM

Getting Started

Sorry to be bringing this topic from the dead but I downloaded the latest firmware from the d-link website and it is a zipped file. Which file do I point the router to to upgrade the firmware? Kinda noob but been searching for this answer in the net to no avail. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
apexi78
post Oct 30 2007, 12:00 PM

End = Beginning = End

DLinkEU-A_DSL-2640T_singleimage_kernel_fs_V3.02B01T01.EU-A.20070525 <- this is the one if you have download the 20070525 version. Remember to flash it via wired connection.

Have fun. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Koross
post Oct 30 2007, 04:55 PM

Getting Started

Thanks. =)
+Quote Post
jolmy
post Oct 30 2007, 08:51 PM

Meow

In all D-Link modems and routers, the status light blinking means the device is working properly.

If you cannot connect to Streamyx, you might need to use the CD supplied with the modem and use the wizard to configure.
+Quote Post
codex
post Nov 12 2007, 12:59 AM

Getting Started

same problem, so it`s a known issue =)

This post has been edited by codex: Nov 12 2007, 12:59 AM
+Quote Post
shydoc
post Dec 1 2007, 07:17 PM

This forum have helped solve the VPI issue perfectly

+Quote Post
jordan86
post Dec 2 2007, 11:28 PM

On my way

For Dlink, you need to change the VPI like others said.
Otherwise you can use CD to do configuration if you duno how to set VPI.

+Quote Post
jieshen
post Dec 14 2007, 11:21 PM

i buy a dsl-2604T which same with yours,and met same damn problem,
i change the VPI value from 8 to 0 still cant..........
why? why?why?
+Quote Post
ahnien
post Dec 15 2007, 03:25 AM

PanDA Enthusiast

QUOTE(jieshen @ Dec 14 2007, 11:21 PM)
i buy a dsl-2604T which same with yours,and met same damn problem,
i change the VPI value from 8 to 0 still cant..........
why? why?why?
try to change the modulation.
by default, it shud be ADSL+2(multimode).
try to change it to G.dmt, or G.922.2 or G.922.1

else... test one by one till the adsl light is stable.
+Quote Post
jieshen
post Dec 15 2007, 03:29 PM

my D-link no problem liao~
damn D-link product have a not good default setting ,
need to change many value !
+Quote Post
ninja9
post Dec 26 2007, 07:21 PM

just bought this wireless modem router...

i don't have problem connecting to streamyx using win xp but have problem if i try to connect using win 98se..

the computer can detect wireless network and connected (but no signal) but cannot connect to website...

and i can't ping the router..all packet lost... doh.gif

when i used netstat command on command prom...the wireless connection is there...but just can't connect to website...

icon_question.gif
+Quote Post
sheep
post Jan 2 2008, 11:25 AM

Casual

Better check on your win98se if the wireless is really working.

E.g check your IP on win98se is it really connected.

then only try to ping frm win98se to the router and other pc.
then ping outside to the internet

My guess is that win98se don't get an ip ...
+Quote Post
myremi
post Jan 2 2008, 02:11 PM

Living Proof of Weight Loss while having Back Pain

The Wifi takes a long time to connect. My Vista Laptop takes quite a few minutes to establish the connection with the modem. Wait a bit and see what happens. Think I waited more than 5 mins.
+Quote Post
cornelius_young
post Jan 13 2008, 11:34 PM

Casual

Is there any way to flash back the firmware incase something
happen during upgrade?

I am also using D-link DSL 2640.
+Quote Post
bionique_m
post Jul 12 2008, 06:21 PM

Hello..can any1 suggest the best setup for this rtr 4 torrent 4 xample the firewall, uPnP, anything..
using utorrent, wired and the incoming icon always turn to red. from default. what shud i nable or dsable.....

+Quote Post
Drakes
post Aug 6 2008, 11:01 AM

Hey guys,
I have the very same DSL-2640T, and I am on a Mac.
I even installed Windows XP in a dual boot thing with OS X 10.5, and that is the only way I was able to get connected to the wireless network.
But the main problem remains: I can't access the modem settings.
The book it came with AND every site I've found says the internal address is 192.168.1.1 and to use the username admin, and the password 1234, or to leave the password blank.
No matter what I've tried I can't get access to the settings. unsure.gif
I've tried Firefox and IE from the Windows XP partition, as well as Firefox and Safari from the OS X partition, and IF the box comes up asking for user name and password it never takes it, keeps saying they are wrong. rclxub.gif

Any clues will be appreciated, please and thanks. icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Drakes: Aug 6 2008, 11:04 AM
+Quote Post
pangrawker
post Aug 10 2008, 11:57 AM

QUOTE(Drakes @ Aug 6 2008, 11:01 AM)
Hey guys,
I have the very same DSL-2640T, and I am on a Mac.
I even installed Windows XP in a dual boot thing with OS X 10.5, and that is the only way I was able to get connected to the wireless network.
But the main problem remains: I can't access the modem settings.
The book it came with AND every site I've found says the internal address is 192.168.1.1 and to use the username admin, and the password 1234, or to leave the password blank.
No matter what I've tried I can't get access to the settings.  unsure.gif
I've tried Firefox and IE from the Windows XP partition, as well as Firefox and Safari from the OS X partition, and IF the box comes up asking for user name and password it never takes it, keeps saying they are wrong.  rclxub.gif

Any clues will be appreciated, please and thanks.  icon_rolleyes.gif
try Username: admin
Password : admin
+Quote Post
aurorae
post Aug 20 2008, 05:52 PM

Hi there. I'm using a D-Link Wireless DSL-2460T router. But after I do the settings as instructed (typing in the streamyx username and password), I tried the Installation CD that came with the router. During the installation process, it says "Socket not ready! Please check if network is ready". Can someone help me?
+Quote Post
NiNeS
post Aug 21 2008, 01:26 AM

need help from u guys..
i just install dlink router ....
the problem is, my laptop cannot browse the internet, but it detect the wireless. connection is very good..
i also cannot connect the internet from others computer..
only one computer can acces the internet...
anyone know how to fix this problem....thanks

This post has been edited by NiNeS: Aug 21 2008, 09:54 AM
+Quote Post
aaz_75
post Sep 5 2008, 12:12 PM

Getting Started

Changed my modem's VPI to 0 (instead of the default 8) and I can now connect to Streamyx. Before this, always see to not be able to connect.

Many thanks to the kind contributors here.
+Quote Post
Dargo
post Oct 27 2008, 02:50 PM

Hi,

I just bought the same router like all the people here (D-Link DSL-2640T). This router is one hell to setup. rclxub.gif

I got problem with the CD. When it start checking setting, it ask for "Administration Password".

I tried from admin window password to all password that I'd ever used and it said "password error".

Am I missing something here? The CD got own password or something?

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
ongdennis
post Nov 13 2008, 10:32 AM

Casual

i also facing the "waiting for response" issue when try to connect to streamyx. All setting is done with 0/35. the most kns case is at the computer shop i bought the modem it able to connect with no issue. request to claim but it come back only with latest firmware and so far still not working at house... how ha??
+Quote Post
myindo
post Mar 30 2009, 10:47 PM

Hi guys, I just wanted to confirm that I had the same problem with this router and just changed the VPI value from 8 to 0 as recommended, and it WORKED! Thanks a ton. smile.gif
+Quote Post
lance
post Jun 1 2009, 09:41 PM

Getting Started

Hi everybody,

Just got this earlier. Didn't work, out of the box.
Then I remembered, a huge sticker blocking all the ports. It read...
"STOP! Insert CD and Run Wizard First"

Hmmm ... i didn't think it's important; but I decided to try it out ...

Guess what, the CD setup asked me to connect the DSL-2640T directly using the network cable; asking me which country & provider ...

It worked after that - i guess the DEFAULT FACTORY setting doesn't work with Streamyx ...

Please try it out guys ... Good luck
+Quote Post
sk8erloon
post Jun 4 2009, 02:16 AM

Getting Started

hi guys, i have been using DSL-2640T for around 2-3 years and it works perfectly... its a good modem router to me
my experience told me that the CD included in the box is TOTALLY NOT NEEDED... u can throw it away...

these are the steps to setup this modem router... it works if ur streamyx line is OK !
1. connect the modem to ur pc/laptop with RJ45 network cable
2. log into 192.168.1.1 with username = admin, password = admin
3. run wizard
4. select time zone (GMT+8 if u're in m'sia)
5. select PPPoE/PPPoA (if u subscribe for normal/combo streamyx packages)
6. key in ur streamyx username (xxx@streamyx) and password... change VPI/VCI to 0/35... connection type = PPPoE LLC
7. tick enable AP ... key in ur preferred SSID... choose ur preferred Encryption
IMPORTANT
for those who r using Mac... please remember to change the wireless channel to 11 (i'm using this, default setting is 6) or else u cant connect to this modem router via wireless with you mac airport.

smile.gif

+Quote Post
seesawseen2k
post Aug 12 2009, 11:31 PM

Getting Started

heard someone said need to downgrade the firmware to a older version if there is "waiting for responses" problem..
+Quote Post
kayzie
post Aug 16 2009, 10:20 AM

Getting Started

I've updated my firmware to the latest DLinkEU-A_DSL-2640T_V3.02B01T01.EU-A.20080725.

Done all the necessary steps, but my IP is shown as 2.2.2.137.

I've been facing ADSL light frequent blinking prob lately, decided to update the firmware and shit happens.

Anyone has a solution?

Added on August 16, 2009, 9:09 pmExcellent, downgrading to firmware 2006 version works! Do not upgrade your firmware to 2007 or 2008 version if you're using streamyx.

This post has been edited by kayzie: Aug 16 2009, 09:09 PM
+Quote Post
honamd77
post Nov 17 2009, 02:04 PM

Enjoy U Life Before U Die

if i not use AP..its that ok ?

user posted image

im using latest firmware ( i guest... ).so far no problemO

how about firewall..ON @ OFF ???

This post has been edited by honamd77: Nov 17 2009, 02:15 PM
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
redzone2005
post Dec 13 2009, 10:27 PM

hi, i also got a same problem... waiting a long time to connect streamyx, then fail
im doing what u all saing, malaysia is 0/35

Added on December 13, 2009, 10:49 pm
QUOTE(redzone2005 @ Dec 13 2009, 10:27 PM)
hi, i also got a same problem... waiting a long time to connect streamyx, then fail
im doing what u all saing, malaysia is 0/35
thank a lot, it working for me... i only adjust for run wizard VPI : 0 (zero) and VCI : 35

my firmware is

user posted image

Added on December 14, 2009, 9:17 amone more questions...
any one can help ? if im using a laptop to connect wifi,
it says, no gateway reply

where setting this for d-link 2640T ?

This post has been edited by redzone2005: Dec 14 2009, 09:17 AM
+Quote Post
ceretspoon
post Dec 26 2009, 01:22 AM

I just bought this modem and after following the instructions it can connect to the internet....but the problem is, when i try to connect it using my PDA and PSP it gets error....
the PDA always ask for password....when i insert the password its always error....
my PSP got error while trying to obtain IP address, is it any setting that i didn't do or need to do ?
+Quote Post
pisidoubleu
post Feb 19 2010, 02:31 AM

Getting Started

its 2010 now...and almost 3 years later on this 'thing' still relevant !!?...lol... rclxms.gif

anyway:

Problem 01: Evening Feb 18th, loud thunder 'kaput'ted my modem 2640T. that night i turn it back on and the lights (status/adsl/power) gone haywire...blinking as they see fits and not blinking when they are tired of the craziness...

solution : so went to comp. shop n bought another 2640T... tongue.gif ...what !?..im jes so happy with its performance... biggrin.gif ...then, without even 'minding' the large orange sticker reminding to run setup cd first, i jes do-it-like-a-pro and set the whole setting straight away...

Problem 02: and there goes "waiting for response until eternally" thing...

solution01 : dammit, what else do i miss ? upon further googling i found another LYN topic regarding this 2640T...ahhh..ok..probably the firmware...so went to D-LINK...d/l and flashed it with the latest firmware:V3.02B01T01.EU-A.20080725 (which is easy and straight imho)...though - still not working

solution02 : haiihss...no choice then...1300889515>press 1>(key-in phone number followed by #)>press 1>and press 1 again...operator suggested:
1. all lights ok ? - what supposed to be blinking and whatnot ? DONE.All run as it supposed to (only status light blink, others static)
2. telephone cable ok ? - DONE, i changed new supplied by the NEW modem
3. ok then restart the modem - why need to restart ? this is a new fresh fired-up modem ?
4. ok errr...check the dial-tone already ? - eerkk deemm, ok wait a sec while i go find the telephone supplied by telekom which already got buried in the junk box in the store...patch it up...OK DONE...normal dial-tone and even can call out...
5. hmm...ok then, let my try to reset your port...few minutes later...ok sir...apparently theres a problem with our port, cos i cannot reset it, so ive filed a report and actions will be taken within 24hours...so please take down this report number fer ur reference...- so u sayin its the problem on ur side then ?
6. yes, if things doesnt sort out within 24h, you can call us back n gave the report number as reference fer ur case - ok thanks
so, solution 02, still not working neither... wink.gif

solution03 : using my usb maxis, googled summore...sumthing i might miss...keyword "streamyx setting "dsl-2640t""...ENTER...walla...this topic here came out on top of Google's search !!!...first page already told to change the VPI thing to 0...open IE>192.168.1.1>username/password>tab HOME>WAN>VPI change to zero>APPLY>tab TOOLS>SYSTEM>save and reboot > tab STATUS and PLING !!...instantly CONNECTED !!!

rclxms.gif LYN 1 - 0 TM notworthy.gif

thank you... thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by pisidoubleu: Feb 19 2010, 02:40 AM
+Quote Post
lilac_alex
post Mar 11 2010, 09:05 AM

Getting Started

hey,

i'm using dell, and previously using the same DSL-2640T. the problem is i've forgotten how i first configured the modem. urghh!! must jot these things down next time since i'm no expert.

i've just rebooted my windows vista & tried to configure the network connections. ran the wizards but when i tried to install using the CD, the msg 'socket not ready..." came up. what's the problem?

there's only local connections, but no internet connections. (i could only set up the wireless connections w intel wi-fi) my power, status, adsl, lan/w-lan all blinking and stable.

what do u mean by connect the network cable directly?

another thing, the dell drivers & utilities cd, do i need to install everything that's inside the dell resource cd or just selectives? if selectives, which one ya?

thanks so much!!!

+Quote Post
BlackGold
post Mar 23 2010, 03:55 AM

Getting Started

how to set wireless password for this modem?
+Quote Post
Cyclonechuah
post May 28 2010, 01:04 PM

(  ̄ c ̄)=c |。◕‿‿◕。|

just access your modem and then, home > Wireless > Security.

choose the security and choose WPA or WEP and put your password.

Btw, if anyone here that uses DMZ, please do not flash to the latest firmware, it's bugged, when you set setting DMZ with fix LAN ip. Your modem will stuck and block your access unless you restore factory setting.
+Quote Post
omgje
post Oct 22 2010, 10:01 PM

QUOTE(seesawseen2k @ Aug 12 2009, 11:31 PM)
heard someone said need to downgrade the firmware to a older version if there is "waiting for responses" problem..
I have been having the problem waiting for response problem at the WAN part since today.

Then after reconnecting it, i can connect to the internet again.

At the internet connection there IPV4 no internet access.

What might be the problem?
What can i do to solve that problem?

When i try using another modem it works fine.

This post has been edited by omgje: Oct 23 2010, 12:34 AM
+Quote Post
savoc88
post Apr 27 2012, 12:36 PM

its works!!!!
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic