its 2010 now...and almost 3 years later on this 'thing' still relevant !!?...lol...
Evening Feb 18th, loud thunder 'kaput'ted my modem 2640T. that night i turn it back on and the lights (status/adsl/power) gone haywire...blinking as they see fits and not blinking when they are tired of the craziness...solution :
so went to comp. shop n bought another 2640T...
...what !?..im jes so happy with its performance...
...then, without even 'minding' the large orange sticker reminding to run setup cd first, i jes do-it-like-a-pro and set the whole setting straight away...Problem 02:
and there goes "waiting for response until eternally" thing...solution01 :
dammit, what else do i miss ? upon further googling i found another LYN topic
regarding this 2640T...ahhh..ok..probably the firmware...so went to D-LINK
...d/l and flashed it with the latest firmware:V3.02B01T01.EU-A.20080725 (which is easy and straight imho)...though - still not workingsolution02 :
haiihss...no choice then...1300889515>press 1>(key-in phone number followed by #)>press 1>and press 1 again...operator suggested:
1. all lights ok ? - what supposed to be blinking and whatnot ? DONE.All run as it supposed to (only status light blink, others static)
2. telephone cable ok ? - DONE, i changed new supplied by the NEW modem
3. ok then restart the modem - why need to restart ? this is a new fresh fired-up modem ?
4. ok errr...check the dial-tone already ? - eerkk deemm, ok wait a sec while i go find the telephone supplied by telekom which already got buried in the junk box in the store...patch it up...OK DONE...normal dial-tone and even can call out...
5. hmm...ok then, let my try to reset your port...few minutes later...ok sir...apparently theres a problem with our port, cos i cannot reset it, so ive filed a report and actions will be taken within 24hours...so please take down this report number fer ur reference...- so u sayin its the problem on ur side then ?
6. yes, if things doesnt sort out within 24h, you can call us back n gave the report number as reference fer ur case - ok thanksso, solution 02, still not working neither... solution03 :
using my usb maxis, googled summore...sumthing i might miss...keyword "streamyx setting "dsl-2640t""...ENTER...walla...this topic here came out on top of Google's search !!!...first page already told to change the VPI thing to 0...open IE>192.168.1.1>username/password>tab HOME>WAN>VPI change to zero>APPLY>tab TOOLS>SYSTEM>save and reboot > tab STATUS and PLING !!...instantly CONNECTED !!!
LYN 1 - 0 TM
thank you... This post has been edited by pisidoubleu: Feb 19 2010, 02:40 AM