Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Unwanted gated community set up in my neighborhood

forcedpick
post Dec 22 2017, 01:52 PM, updated 8 months ago

Group: Newbie

So I live in JB Bukit Indah area, and about a year ago a gated community was set up basically without my consent.
I used to able to walk to the park or drive out easily but now there's a fence blocking it off.
And worse than that, if you don't pay them a fee every month they don't give you a residence card and make you have to go through the guest lane in your own neighborhood.
What can or should I do in this situation?

This post has been edited by forcedpick: Dec 22 2017, 01:56 PM
topearn
post Dec 27 2017, 04:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

The majority rules, even though U do not agree to having added security to your house. Most of the households will get some inconvenience but U get peace of mind that no strangers can just drive thier cars and do some robbing, so it is also for your own good. U want your "kampong" to be safe, right ?
aaron1717
post Dec 29 2017, 04:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!

i dont think they did anything wrong... majority of the residents looking to have this service for a peace of mind... you should also chip in too...

you can't say that in the past nothing happen to your taman and the same safe situation will applies forever... what if break-in and horror stuffs happen to your unit without F&G services...? would you rather wait for it to happen only you are willing to join in the gated community?
ReaperX
post Dec 29 2017, 06:36 PM

U can be the moon but still be jealous of the stars.

It's all for your own good. Security-wise. This would only benefit u in the long term.
Having said that, if u really against the idea (which i would not recommend) check if the fencing is approved by the local council; else it would be illegal...
topearn
post Dec 29 2017, 08:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!

It's not just U who will be inconvenienced but everyone as most will have to travel a longer route to get out of the taman cos using such G&G has 1 or 2 entry and exit points. But this is more than make up for the peace of mind which everyone enjoys.

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0447sec    4.89    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th August 2018 - 05:52 PM