Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> MSI GE63VR GTX1060 Light Review

Pharamain
post Dec 22 2017, 12:55 PM, updated 7 months ago

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Hi everyone! Today I will be doing a light review on the new MSI GE63VR - 7RE Raider is a 15.6-inch gaming notebook that weighs about 2.4 kg (~5.3 lbs). This model currently available for RM7,199 (same price with my purchase), with the twin red racing stripes on the chassis tell you everything from stylish to performance.

user posted image

The device is powered by a quad-core Intel Core i7-7700HQ accompanied by 8 GB of DDR4 RAM and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB of dedicated VRAM. Its special feature is a 120-Hz 3MS TN screen . Windows 10 Home is pre-installed on the device, which is equipped with a 128-GB NVMe SSD and a 1-TB HDD (7200rpm). Of course, it still features a SteelSeries keyboard, with individual key back-lighting instead of the successor's zoned back-lighting. MSI has also installed the usual Gamer software package including Dragon Center, SteelSeries Engine and MSI True Color etc.

This model also have a little gimmick to ease your frustration, where the USB slot will always glow in red for user to find the USB slot easily, and an easy way to spot your configuration key while pressing FN key.

user posted image user posted image

Fan Performance and Design

the GE63/GE73VR models comes with dual Whirlwind Blade fans and 7 heat pipes become Cooler Boost 5 and 4 exhaust way which able to keep the laptop at a very optimal temperature.

user posted image

I tested with 3D Mark 11 Benchmark (Both extreme and performance setting), and Final Fantasy 14 Online Benchmark (Max setting). The below are the scores:

Overall, the score were high and the speed were fast, and the temperature is at satisfactory area where around 75'c during the benchmark. Will do this much as for now, If i have the time I will try and do more regarding this model.

P.S. The sound system of this GE63VR is great!

This post has been edited by Pharamain: Dec 22 2017, 02:10 PM
claudetan
post Dec 22 2017, 12:58 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Pharamain @ Dec 22 2017, 12:55 PM)
Hi everyone! Today I will be doing a light review on the new MSI GE63VR - 7RE Raider is a 15.6-inch gaming notebook that weighs about 2.4 kg (~5.3 lbs). This model currently available for RM7,199 (same price with my purchase), with the twin red racing stripes on the chassis tell you everything from stylish to performance.

user posted image
The device is powered by a quad-core Intel Core i7-7700HQ accompanied by 8 GB of DDR4 RAM and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB of dedicated VRAM. Its special feature is a 120-Hz 3MS TN screen . Windows 10 Home is pre-installed on the device, which is equipped with a 128-GB NVMe SSD and a 1-TB HDD (7200rpm). Of course, it still features a SteelSeries keyboard, with individual key back-lighting instead of the successor's zoned back-lighting. MSI has also installed the usual Gamer software package including Dragon Center, SteelSeries Engine and MSI True Color etc.

This model also have a little gimmick to ease your frustration, where the USB slot will always glow in red for user to find the USB slot easily, and an easy way to spot your configuration key while pressing FN key.

Fan Performance and Design

the GE63/GE73VR models comes with dual Whirlwind Blade fans and 7 heat pipes become Cooler Boost 5 and 4 exhaust way which able to keep the laptop at a very optimal temperature.

user posted image

I tested with 3D Mark 11 Benchmark  (Both extreme and performance setting), and Final Fantasy 15 Online Benchmark (Max setting). The below are the scores:

Overall, the score were high and the speed were fast, and the temperature is at satisfactory area where around 75'c during the benchmark. Will do this much as for now, If i have the time I will try and do more regarding this model.

P.S. The sound system of this GE63VR is great!

FF 14, not ff 15

ALeUNe
post Dec 22 2017, 01:05 PM

I'm the purebred with aristocratic pedigree
Group Icon
Group: VIP

Acer Helios FTW @ 75% of the price.
Pharamain
post Dec 22 2017, 02:10 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(claudetan @ Dec 22 2017, 12:58 PM)
FF 14, not ff 15
opps, ahaha thanks, editing now
Pharamain
post Dec 22 2017, 02:11 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ALeUNe @ Dec 22 2017, 01:05 PM)
yea price wise might be different, but just depend what you going for, better performance or you want budget.
ALeUNe
post Dec 22 2017, 02:37 PM

I'm the purebred with aristocratic pedigree
Group Icon
Group: VIP

QUOTE(Pharamain @ Dec 22 2017, 02:11 PM)
yea price wise might be different, but just depend what you going for, better performance or you want budget.
Exact same GPU and CPU.
So, you get the same performance at 75% of the price.
Gzm.
post Dec 22 2017, 07:05 PM

QUOTE(ALeUNe @ Dec 22 2017, 01:05 PM)
Why did you post this comment? To make him regret his purchase?
OP started his post with a cheery & upbeat tone ; and also to provide a light review on his laptop and you came in with a one liner saying basically 'you should've bought this instead'.

Thanks OP for the light review. Don't let this discourage you from posting further.
Pharamain
post Dec 24 2017, 06:55 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ALeUNe @ Dec 22 2017, 02:37 PM)
Exact same GPU and CPU.
So, you get the same performance at 75% of the price.
well from performance, i mean the other stuff like fan, transfer speed etc, yes other brand might have cheaper, but from what i tested out, Raider have far better thermal control than other, that is why i say it's up to you to go for budget or performance XD
Pharamain
post Dec 24 2017, 06:58 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Gzm. @ Dec 22 2017, 07:05 PM)
OP started his post with a cheery & upbeat tone ; and also to provide a light review on his laptop and you came in with a one liner saying basically 'you should've bought this instead'.

Thanks OP for the light review. Don't let this discourage you from posting further.
Hi, don't worry im fine LOL, everyone have their own opinion and im just posting mine just in-case people wish to know about this model and stuff. True though, other brand have cheaper price with the same gpu, cpu but lack other good stuff like good speaker and fans :3
Eluuna
post Jan 1 2018, 09:20 PM

Getting Started

Thanks for the review, although i still have some question but I will try look more into it :3
Pharamain
post Jan 2 2018, 12:33 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Eluuna @ Jan 1 2018, 09:20 PM)
Thanks for the review, although i still have some question but I will try look more into it :3
thanks =w=, sorry that i could not do more detail review than this currently, too many stuff to do
HiAwak
post Jan 8 2018, 12:01 PM

Thanks for the review, but can i have more info on the fan system? I'd like to get a GE63 for business + gaming purpose but i'm afraid that the cooling system wasn't that good. Could you please share some info or tips to me?

This post has been edited by HiAwak: Jan 8 2018, 12:03 PM
Pharamain
post Jan 8 2018, 12:14 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(HiAwak @ Jan 8 2018, 12:01 PM)
Thanks for the review, but can i have more info on the fan system? I'd like to get a GE63 for business + gaming purpose but i'm afraid that the cooling system wasn't that good. Could you please share some info or tips to me?
From my personal testing, the fan is superb. From the picture (where i open up the cover) there are 7 heatpipe,2 Fan and 4 Exhaust, and 31 blades which perform great in airflow circulation. Since it come with GTX1060, you can basically play bunch of games and with no worry of the heat.
HiAwak
post Jan 9 2018, 01:35 PM

Thanks alot. But how about the monitor? As i'm a huge fans of playing fps game like PUBG & CSGO, and im currently playing these games on desktop and it gave me a better refresh rate, i'm not so sure if it could works the same as desktop for GE 63?
Pharamain
post Jan 9 2018, 03:13 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(HiAwak @ Jan 9 2018, 01:35 PM)
Thanks alot. But how about the monitor? As i'm a huge fans of playing fps game like PUBG & CSGO, and im currently playing these games on desktop and it gave me a better refresh rate, i'm not so sure if it could works the same as desktop for GE 63?
Gaming performance wise it's great. I didn't really test out the refresh rate but from what it stated it's 120hz 3ms. But the monitor color quality is magnificent though.
sHawTY
post Jan 9 2018, 04:02 PM

Frequent Reporter
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(Gzm. @ Dec 22 2017, 07:05 PM)
ALeUNe post meant to open everyone's eyes that there are better option out there at a lower price

This is a review which everyone will search upon before buying a laptop, so when they see his post, the readers will know that there is indeed another option at a cheaper price
HiAwak
post Jan 12 2018, 01:06 PM

Hey, thanks for the review. But does GE63 has graphic card lower than 1060? cz RM7,199 is way out of my budget, im actually looking at around RM6k for a laptop. smile.gif

Pharamain
post Jan 19 2018, 11:47 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(HiAwak @ Jan 12 2018, 01:06 PM)
Hey, thanks for the review. But does GE63 has graphic card lower than 1060? cz RM7,199 is way out of my budget, im actually looking at around RM6k for a laptop. smile.gif
Thanks biggrin.gif biggrin.gif , From what i know, the Raider currently only have GTX1060. If the price is too expensive maybe you can wait for promotion, CNY soon, maybe they will promotion.
or you could always go for MSI GP series, go have a look
PiaHuang
post Jan 19 2018, 11:41 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Pharamain @ Jan 19 2018, 11:47 AM)
Thanks  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif , From what i know, the Raider currently only have GTX1060. If the price is too expensive maybe you can wait for promotion, CNY soon, maybe they will promotion.
or you could always go for MSI GP series, go have a look
There is this CNY promo with GE63 Raider, 300 instant discount so price RM 6799 now.
Comes with a gaming headset too.
http://www.lazada.com.my/msi-ge63vr-7re-06...bbe5zAuiVF&mp=1
HiAwak
post Jan 21 2018, 02:55 AM

Alright thanks. Will do sure go to any msi shop to have a look at it. Do you know where is the nearest shop that sells msi laptop? im staying at cheras

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0791sec    3.90    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th August 2018 - 03:16 AM