Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Didn't key in product key for Windows 10 install, How long till it tells me to activate?

views

TSStrength
post Dec 18 2017, 10:52 PM, updated 7y ago

Getting Started
65 posts

I have a desktop computer that has Windows 10 Home installed on it. I bought this Windows 10 from C-Zone Digital Mall last year, so its a retail version.

I also have a 7 years old laptop that came with Windows 7 Home Premium on it, so it was OM version.

Somehow over the years, the laptop was reformatted many times, repaired etc. and the most recent repair, the technician installed a pirated version of Windows (although there's still the sticker with the product key underneath the laptop).

So now I want to re-download Windows 7 Home Premium and then upgrade it to Windows 10 for free.

But currently, temporarily, I installed the Windows 10 Retail that I bought from C-Zone on to the laptop. When I installed it, I did not key in a product key.

So I'm wondering, is the laptop currently a trial version or something? How long till it stops working since its not verified with a product key?
wailam
post Dec 18 2017, 11:04 PM

Apa benda ini?
950 posts

Does your win 7 sticker still visible the product key? Because if its not then they would install a pirated version unless you did make a recovery disk out of it.
windows 10>right click my computer and select properties. see there if its activated or not.

This post has been edited by wailam: Dec 18 2017, 11:06 PM
adibbazli1
post Mar 18 2018, 01:04 PM

4 posts

it possible that the key has been bind to your hardware. which mean the technician not install pirate version to begin with. you can check at setting > update and security > activation
junclj
post Apr 7 2018, 10:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,297 posts

Windows 10 is recognizing your hardware machine ID but not that pirated Windows 7.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0113sec    0.19    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:57 AM