Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

MMO Do you play International Ragnarok Online (IRO)?, Game fixes and other banter!

views

TSLarry The Tech Guy
post Dec 17 2017, 07:50 PM, updated 7y ago

30 posts

After the patch completed, I clicked "Start" and nothing happened. Not even an error message. The Ragnarok Online game I tried to play is this.

This post has been edited by Larry The Tech Guy: Dec 30 2017, 12:05 PM
TSLarry The Tech Guy
post Dec 23 2017, 11:30 AM

30 posts

No none here plays IRO?

I posted my issue on the game's official forum and got a reply on how to fix it. Will update here on how it goes.
TSLarry The Tech Guy
post Dec 28 2017, 07:19 AM

30 posts

The proposed fix I got from the forum worked. If anyone wants to know the fix, please ask me for it. But I doubt you would want to play the game cause the turnout is poor. It only has 200+ players on Classic Loki server. I haven't checked the Renewal version of the game yet. Will update here when I do.

This post has been edited by Larry The Tech Guy: Jan 6 2018, 09:52 AM
ahbenchai
post Dec 28 2017, 07:35 AM

what do you mean you people?
1,185 posts

QUOTE(Larry The Tech Guy @ Dec 28 2017, 07:19 AM)
The proposed fix I got from the forum worked. If anyone wants to know the fix, please ask me for it. But I doubt you would want to play the game cause the turnout is poor. It only has 200+ players on Classic Loki server. I haven't checked the renewal version of the game yet. Will update here when I do.
i was playing in their restart server previously

had the same issue as u as well, i believe what i did was to reinstall, use vpn to bypass and install patch, and ok aldy

This post has been edited by ahbenchai: Dec 28 2017, 07:35 AM
TSLarry The Tech Guy
post Dec 30 2017, 09:45 AM

30 posts

QUOTE(ahbenchai @ Dec 28 2017, 07:35 AM)
i was playing in their restart server previously

had the same issue as u as well, i believe what i did was to reinstall, use vpn to bypass and install patch, and ok aldy
Finally checked out the Renewal version of the game. 400+ people on Thor server and 2000+ on Chaos server. All I did to get things running was configure the display settings in setup. Running both the game and setup in compatibility mode for Windows XP and as an administrator is recommended too.

For Ragnarok Online Classic, I had to run the game in compatibility mode for Windows XP and configure the display settings in setup. Running both the game and setup in compatibility mode for Windows XP and as an administrator is recommended too.

All you need to play both games is one Ragnarok Online account. A WarpPortal account is needed for both downloading the game and creating the Ragnarok Online account. The WarpPortal account can be created free of charge.

This post has been edited by Larry The Tech Guy: Jan 19 2018, 05:50 PM
nooo
post Dec 30 2017, 10:14 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(Larry The Tech Guy @ Dec 30 2017, 09:45 AM)
Finally checked out the renewal version of IRO. 400+ people on Thor server and 2000+ on Chaos server. All I did to get things running was adjusting the display settings in setup. Setting the game to run as administrator is recommended by the game to receive the patch files properly.

For Ragnarok Online Classic, I had to run the game in Windows XP compatibility mode and adjust the display settings in setup.

All you need to play both games is 1 Ragnarok Online account. But they don't allow people from Malaysia to create a Ragnarok Online account. So I had to use a VPN to create one.

How is Ragnarok RE:START? Is it similar to Ragnarok Online?
do you mean ro for mysg? publish by extreme
yes, is ragnarok online
TSLarry The Tech Guy
post Dec 30 2017, 12:08 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(nooo @ Dec 30 2017, 10:14 AM)
do you mean ro for mysg? publish by extreme
yes, is ragnarok online
No. The Ragnarok RE:START game I'm talking about is this.
TSLarry The Tech Guy
post Jan 4 2018, 02:56 PM

30 posts

Just to clear things up to avoid confusion. The RO game I checked out is Ragnarok Online 1. There are other RO games on the menu offered by the same company like Ragnarok Online 2, Ragnarok RE:START and more. See here. If I check them out, I will update here again.

This post has been edited by Larry The Tech Guy: Feb 17 2018, 12:52 PM
TSLarry The Tech Guy
post Jan 14 2018, 11:19 AM

30 posts

OK this is weird.

I uninstalled Ragnarok Online 1 completely, deleting all of its files. I downloaded the game again and reinstalled it. I launched Ragnarok Online 1 Renewal and it ran fine without any problems. All I needed to do was tweak the display settings in setup in order to make it full screen. I didn't touch the compatibility settings at all.

Then I launched Ragnarok Online 1 Classic. This time without any tweaks to both the display and compatibility settings at all. And guess what. It ran fine without any problems.

I don't know what's going on. But it seems like Ragnarok Online 1 can actually run fine without the implementation of any fixes at all, apart from tweaking the display settings in setup in order to make Ragnarok Online 1 Renewal full screen.

Just a heads-up for anyone who is looking to play Ragnarok Online 1.

This post has been edited by Larry The Tech Guy: Jan 21 2018, 05:43 AM
pwei92
post Feb 1 2018, 11:11 AM

7 posts

u all are play ro etreme mysg? the official sever?
TSLarry The Tech Guy
post Feb 11 2018, 04:50 AM

30 posts

QUOTE(pwei92 @ Feb 1 2018, 11:11 AM)
u all are play ro etreme mysg? the official sever?
No. The RO game I'm referring to here is Ragnarok Online 1. There are other RO games on the menu offered by the same company like Ragnarok Online 2, Ragnarok RE:START and more. See here.

This post has been edited by Larry The Tech Guy: Feb 17 2018, 12:53 PM
GAME_ON
post Sep 13 2018, 11:23 AM

Bumfuzzle
1,109 posts

this thread seems dead. up from an ex-iro player!

This post has been edited by GAME_ON: Sep 13 2018, 11:24 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0141sec    0.57    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:50 PM