Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Recommend DRy bak kut teh, With dried chili+sotong/ okra

views

TSKenYoung
post Dec 17 2017, 02:58 AM, updated 7y ago

On my way
661 posts

I have a guest coming to KL 2moro and specifically requested to have dried bak kut teh as per above for dinner... (don’t know if it’s considered bkt or considered braised/stew pork)

I have brought to Kaka Kepong b4 but not up to liking... I also thought Kaka’s dried 1 was quite weak..

Any other can recommend? Pls do not recommend out of klang Valley... preferably KL area..

thanks so much in advance!
MCBFUHO
post Dec 17 2017, 03:16 AM

Getting Started
136 posts

Sunway
cablesguy
post Dec 17 2017, 10:49 AM

Regular
1,593 posts

can try four eyes BKT, its in Klang though, theyre normal BKT is good too if you like the herbalish thick gravy. Google Four Eyes BKT, cant miss it, they recently painted the shop pink biggrin.gif
TSKenYoung
post Dec 20 2017, 12:42 PM

On my way
661 posts

QUOTE(MCBFUHO @ Dec 17 2017, 03:16 AM)
Sunway
Shop name pls

QUOTE(cablesguy @ Dec 17 2017, 10:49 AM)
can try four eyes BKT, its in Klang though, theyre normal BKT is good too if you like the herbalish thick gravy. Google Four Eyes BKT, cant miss it, they recently painted the shop pink  biggrin.gif
Klang too far , Bro... haha

Anyway, that day I tried Yip Yong Kota damansara.. can say not bad. Went there bcoz friend said they have the best Dry BKT (in context of near Kepong area)... turns out ok tho a bit tad too salty / strong taste eventho Im used to heavy taste..

Their pork trotter vinegar also not bad... do take note they have 1 yip Yong in Aman Puri too.

I am still open for suggestions .
As I’m quite sure I tasted better dry BKt b4.. mayb that time drunk so can’t recall..
MCBFUHO
post Dec 20 2017, 04:18 PM

Getting Started
136 posts

QUOTE(KenYoung @ Dec 20 2017, 12:42 PM)
Shop name pls

Anyway, that day I tried Yip Yong Kota damansara.. can say not bad. Went there bcoz friend said they have the best Dry BKT (in context of near Kepong area)... turns out ok tho a bit tad too salty / strong taste eventho Im used to heavy taste..

Their pork trotter vinegar also not bad... do take note they have 1 yip Yong in Aman Puri too.

As I’m quite sure I tasted better dry BKt b4.. mayb that time drunk so can’t recall..
Ah Foong Bak Kut Teh
Knight_2008
post Dec 20 2017, 04:19 PM

Regular
1,268 posts

QUOTE(KenYoung @ Dec 17 2017, 02:58 AM)
I have a guest coming to KL 2moro and specifically requested to have dried bak kut teh as per above for dinner... (don’t know if it’s considered bkt or considered braised/stew pork)

I have brought to Kaka Kepong b4 but not up to liking... I also thought Kaka’s dried 1 was quite weak..

Any other can recommend? Pls do not recommend out of klang Valley... preferably KL area..

thanks so much in advance!
Pao Xiang?
cablesguy
post Dec 20 2017, 07:14 PM

Regular
1,593 posts

QUOTE(KenYoung @ Dec 20 2017, 12:42 PM)
Shop name pls

Ha2, drunk alot of things taste and look good..Anyway That's the only dry Bkt I can recommend as I only tried dry Bkt once and that was the place biggrin.gif.. As for the normal that's also the only place I goto nowadays bec they're taste is v consistent, the Telok Pulai and under the bridge ones (both in klang) tend to be nice one day and not so nice another day. Plus four eyes alwys hv yow char kuai.. Sorry don know any other.

This post has been edited by cablesguy: Dec 20 2017, 07:14 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0199sec    0.09    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:23 AM