Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Hotlink data charges problem

views

HippyTony
post Jan 16 2019, 07:54 PM

Enthusiast
960 posts

QUOTE(nikewee @ Jan 16 2019, 04:05 PM)
exactly...and they dont bother to reply this thread as well..

maybe prepaid customer is so much insignificant to them.

MNP to which counter then? can recommend some? for keep number alive.
Sorry can’t help you here, present line with Hotlink is 365 Bagus. The other line that I MNP is now my primary line. I need a monthly plan that is much cheaper than Maxis.
PowerSlide
post Jan 18 2019, 01:26 AM

----------
5,994 posts

QUOTE(HippyTony @ Dec 20 2018, 07:45 PM)
hotlink case# Ci399427605
This afternoon I found out your network deducted all my phone credit for the last 2 months even tho my phone settings have been deactivated from mobile data usage. After a long arguments, your CS finally agree to refund my credit.

To stop this “illegal” deductions, your CS gave me 3 options:
* buy a new 2G phone, don’t use a smartphone
* upgrade my bagus plan to Hotlink Red
* lastly, deactivate my phone network GPRS (5days required to reinstate GPRS)
The above options are NOT acceptable, your network has an issue and because you are unable to solve this “illegal” deductions. You are asking your customers to accept your incredible stupid options for your convenience.
top answer from them just push their dumb issue to user

this issue reported so long and did nothing, clearly here to cheat unknown user silently behind
hashtag2016
post Jan 19 2019, 03:19 PM

Casual
453 posts

QUOTE(nikewee @ Nov 19 2018, 04:48 PM)
I just found out this...my RM50 become zero in few months with validity 365...
Called up maxis and they asked me turn off location service and set data type to 2G despite already data off for thousand years.

So let's see if 2G still alive till 2019 (my validity).
gonna top up RM10 tml and see will still kena charge no...
May I know how old your simcard ? support 4G or not ?

alicia-l
post Jan 30 2019, 12:24 PM

Getting Started
145 posts

Hi would like to check why using hotlink red app I'm being charge pay per use RM10 for just less than 1 min as I know hotlink app is free to use not charge data?
nikewee
post Jan 31 2019, 01:44 PM

On my way
670 posts

QUOTE(alicia-l @ Jan 30 2019, 12:24 PM)
Hi would like to check why using hotlink red app I'm being charge pay per use RM10 for just less than 1 min as I know hotlink app is free to use not charge data?
better call their customer service or open new thread, hotlink staff just abandon this thread
Schuan
post Feb 2 2019, 11:49 AM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(nikewee @ Jan 31 2019, 01:44 PM)
better call their customer service or open new thread, hotlink staff just abandon this thread
I got the same problem since December 2018. Every hour charges RM 0.10 for GPRS when I not even turn on the mobile data. Customer service not refunding .
anakMY
post Feb 3 2019, 10:12 AM

Regular
1,352 posts

QUOTE(Schuan @ Feb 2 2019, 11:49 AM)
I got the same problem since December 2018. Every hour charges RM 0.10 for GPRS when I not even turn on the mobile data. Customer service not refunding .
Try to read thru the 2 threads I posted, my mom has this problem too I managed to solve it by turning off the data , and set the network to 2G only.
fainonline
post Mar 6 2019, 04:51 AM

12 posts

QUOTE(Schuan @ Feb 2 2019, 11:49 AM)
I had the same problem the day i arrived Malaysia from Europe last month. Never trust them!

westlife
post Mar 7 2019, 10:20 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,311 posts

QUOTE(anakMY @ Feb 3 2019, 10:12 AM)
Try to read thru the 2 threads I posted, my mom has this problem too I managed to solve it by turning off the data , and set the network to 2G only.
set to 3G also works. and i think it is better to switch to 3G instead of 2G. fyi. country like lion city has no more 2G network. so if u switch to 2G only, when you are going there, u will get no signal at all.
JuneResources
post Mar 14 2019, 03:33 PM

ONE Stop Resources
4,128 posts

This is the way Hotlink force you to change RED plan..
My hotlink plan number also been charges for this pay per use..

NEVER turn on data before, but still been charged for it...
Can't imagine if I got subscribe the data plan, I think haven't 5 minutes never browsing, never streaming already gone 1GB data quota...

hashtag2016
post Mar 16 2019, 02:02 AM

Casual
453 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Mar 7 2019, 10:20 AM)
set to 3G also works. and i think it is better to switch to 3G instead of 2G. fyi. country like lion city has no more 2G network. so if u switch to 2G only, when you are going there, u will get no signal at all.
hi, AFAIK , hotlink cs standard answer is asking user change to 2G(not 3G) , or change the to latest plan: red plan, or disable internet function completely for your simcard.

I think both 4G and 3G is fine... until u get the issue.. drool.gif
and most people who doesn't need internet already disable the gprs for their sim since last decade.
who might use the internet most probaly will prefer to use the 4G , instead of 3G . Unless they r still using simcard doesn't support 4G or not in 4G area. brows.gif
so, their so called solutions for those gprs charge is quite ridiculous .. doh.gif rclxub.gif

QUOTE(JuneResources @ Mar 14 2019, 03:33 PM)
This is the way Hotlink force you to change RED plan..
My hotlink plan number also been charges for this pay per use..

NEVER turn on data before, but still been charged for it...
Can't imagine if I got subscribe the data plan, I think haven't 5 minutes never browsing, never streaming already gone 1GB data quota...
nod.

This post has been edited by hashtag2016: Mar 16 2019, 02:03 AM
westlife
post Mar 16 2019, 08:37 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,311 posts

QUOTE(hashtag2016 @ Mar 16 2019, 02:02 AM)
hi, AFAIK , hotlink cs standard answer is asking user change to 2G(not 3G) , or change the to latest plan: red plan, or disable internet function completely for your simcard.

I think both 4G and 3G is fine... until u get the issue..  drool.gif
and most people who doesn't need internet already disable the gprs for their sim since last decade.
who might use the internet most probaly will prefer to use the 4G , instead of 3G . Unless they r still using simcard doesn't support 4G or not in 4G area.  brows.gif
so, their so called solutions for those gprs charge is quite ridiculous .. doh.gif  rclxub.gif
nod.
standard answer does not mean it is a best answer. it is just convenient for them to give the safest answer.

for users who are more knowledgeable than the CS to know the better answers than the safest answer given, it will do a better job.
Schuan
post Mar 20 2019, 08:13 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

I have reported this GPRS charge to MCMC and demand refund, and the hotlink customer service called me and asked me to upgrade to red plan so that I can get free basic internet. I refused to do so and insist to stay at my campus plan so that I can enjoy RM38 1 year validity. The customer service called me again and refunded me all the money when I insist let MCMC decide what is the outcome.
Schuan
post Mar 20 2019, 08:15 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

Do not let Hotlink charge you. Just report to MCMC and they will refund you.
nikewee
post Mar 20 2019, 09:37 PM

On my way
670 posts

QUOTE(Schuan @ Mar 20 2019, 08:13 PM)
I have reported this GPRS charge to MCMC and demand refund, and the hotlink customer service called me and asked me to upgrade to red plan so that I can get free basic internet. I refused to do so and insist to stay at my campus plan so that I can enjoy RM38 1 year validity. The customer service called me again and refunded me all the money when I insist let MCMC decide what is the outcome.
wow, this really good rclxms.gif consumer's right since they offer the validity plan smile.gif
liverpool
post Oct 16 2019, 06:13 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

Seem like after all these years, the situation is not improved a bit.
I am using the latest Hotlink RED plan, and guess what? After the internet pass period expired, I also kena charged from time to time.
I put the SIM in a pocket wifi. Yesterday the balance isRM35, today only RM29.8 left (and spoil me the pleasure to purchase a 30day 6GB internet pass).

Guess what, I think this is Hotlink's notorious trick to charge more from customer.
Shame on you Hotlink !

This post has been edited by liverpool: Oct 16 2019, 06:15 PM
abcn1n
post Jan 1 2020, 05:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,379 posts

QUOTE(Schuan @ Mar 20 2019, 08:13 PM)
QUOTE(liverpool @ Oct 16 2019, 06:13 PM)
Seem like after all these years, the situation is not improved a bit.
I am using the latest Hotlink RED plan, and guess what?  After the internet pass period expired, I also kena charged from time to time.
I put the SIM in a pocket wifi.  Yesterday the balance isRM35, today only RM29.8 left (and spoil me the pleasure to purchase a 30day 6GB internet pass).

Guess what, I think this is Hotlink's notorious trick to charge more from customer.
Shame on you Hotlink !
Was thinking of getting a backup maxis cheap plan, but after skimming through this thread, cannot get hotlink.

5 Pages « < 3 4 5Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0154sec    0.18    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:53 PM