Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Iphone import set (LL set ) vs My set, Is it good to buy import set iPhone ??

views

TSVicky_RAW
post Dec 14 2017, 03:42 PM, updated 7y ago

11 posts

Hi guys....just want to ask whats the diffrence between Import set and My set ??

Import set iPhones seems cheaper in Lazada and is it good to buy ??

If u have Import iPhone share ur experiance.......And one more question, have anyone bought anything frm One Stop World Mobile Supply....trusted seller ??

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
dikae
post Dec 14 2017, 03:52 PM

an apple a day
Group Icon
Staff
8,733 posts

if can try not to get imported set iphones, u cant claim warranty from authorized apple reseller.... and the warranty comes from the shop itself and you wouldn't know who those technicians are, do they have sufficient/proper training (unlikely), fixed your problem but another arise?..and the price is not exactly MUCH cheaper than the authorized set...
desreg2913
post Dec 14 2017, 03:55 PM

Regular
1,021 posts

u check with them whether MY Apple cover warranty or not.
Some yes.
TSVicky_RAW
post Dec 14 2017, 04:06 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(dikae @ Dec 14 2017, 03:52 PM)
if can try not to get imported set iphones, u cant claim warranty from authorized apple reseller.... and the warranty comes from the shop itself and you wouldn't know who those technicians are, do they have sufficient/proper training (unlikely), fixed your problem but another arise?..and the price is not exactly MUCH cheaper than the authorized set...
So import set iPhones still original/new as brand new iphone and not refurbished....

I appreciate ur reply..TQ
dikae
post Dec 14 2017, 04:18 PM

an apple a day
Group Icon
Staff
8,733 posts

QUOTE(desreg2913 @ Dec 14 2017, 03:55 PM)
u check with them whether MY Apple cover warranty or not.
Some yes.
QUOTE(Vicky_RAW @ Dec 14 2017, 04:06 PM)
So import set iPhones still original/new as brand new iphone  and not refurbished....

AFAIK, imported sets could either be imported from other countries (i.e HK/SG) or underwater set (warranty from their shop not from official Apple), much likely the latter as if its set from HK or SG they will state it i.e (HK set).

Just check with them on the warranty, if its not from official Apple, then best stay away. Heard a lot of bad experience from people i.e fake boxes, fake adapters/cables, u just won't get that "authentic" feeling when you receive it.. nevertheless, the phone is still original I supposed (or refurbished)..
desreg2913
post Dec 14 2017, 04:28 PM

Regular
1,021 posts

QUOTE(Vicky_RAW @ Dec 14 2017, 04:06 PM)
So import set iPhones still original/new as brand new iphone  and not refurbished....

QUOTE(dikae @ Dec 14 2017, 04:18 PM)
AFAIK, imported sets could either be imported from other countries (i.e HK/SG) or underwater set (warranty from their shop not from official Apple), much likely the latter as if its set from HK or SG they will state it i.e (HK set).

Just check with them on the warranty, if its not from official Apple, then best stay away. Heard a lot of bad experience from people i.e fake boxes, fake adapters/cables, u just won't get that "authentic" feeling when you  receive it.. nevertheless, the phone is still original I supposed (or refurbished)..
yes better check and confirm.
Like the ipx that im selling now is from hk/sg, can claim warranty in Malaysia, like Midvalley and KLCC Apple.
dikae
post Dec 14 2017, 04:43 PM

an apple a day
Group Icon
Staff
8,733 posts

QUOTE(desreg2913 @ Dec 14 2017, 04:28 PM)
yes better check and confirm.
Like the ipx that im selling now is from hk/sg, can claim warranty in Malaysia, like Midvalley and KLCC Apple.
yeap normally if you're selling hk jp or sg set u will state it, normally people wont put imported set..
desreg2913
post Dec 14 2017, 05:12 PM

Regular
1,021 posts

QUOTE(dikae @ Dec 14 2017, 04:43 PM)
yeap normally if you're selling hk jp or sg set u will state it, normally people wont put imported set..
then this im not sure blink.gif
dikae
post Dec 14 2017, 05:23 PM

an apple a day
Group Icon
Staff
8,733 posts

QUOTE(desreg2913 @ Dec 14 2017, 05:12 PM)
then this im not sure blink.gif
mostly imported set meaning underwater set tongue.gif
SUSgogo2
post Dec 15 2017, 07:24 PM

gogo2
All Stars
18,672 posts

All imported is refurbished. They repack it. You can watch China repack iPhone in YouTube. When I say all, I mean all.

Secondly American iPhone cannot be fully used in Malaysia. Some network is missing.
dikae
post Dec 15 2017, 07:40 PM

an apple a day
Group Icon
Staff
8,733 posts

QUOTE(gogo2 @ Dec 15 2017, 07:24 PM)
All imported is refurbished. They repack it. You can watch China repack iPhone in YouTube. When I say all, I mean all.

Secondly American iPhone cannot be fully used in Malaysia. Some network is missing.
Make sense make sense biggrin.gif
dikae
post Dec 16 2017, 01:40 PM

an apple a day
Group Icon
Staff
8,733 posts

QUOTE(Benhalem @ Dec 16 2017, 12:49 PM)
Import set (mostly from the US known as LL set)
- There are 4 types of import set from the US;
---------> Sim lock (Brand new)
---------> Unlock    (Brand new)
---------> Apple certified refurbished
---------> Third party or seller refurbished

1) The sim lock is a brand new still sealed never been activate iPhone (means still have a year of warranty). It basically brand new just like when you buy a brand new iPhone from Apple Store website. The only difference is that, sim lock iPhone from the US can't use any other sim other than what it has been locked for. For example, you bought a brand new iPhone from Sprint telco in the US. Meaning, only Sprint sim card will work with the iPhone. So if you import to Malaysia, you can't use our local sim on the iPhone. But, there is a big but here! You can however use our local sim card as long as you have turbo sim. What is turbo sim? Just look at youtube and you will know how simple it is but still very effective. Or, if you don't want to use turbo sim, you can also find people, service or website simply by google search where they can help you unlock your iPhone legitimately by using only your IMEI number so that you can use any sim on your phone permanently. The advantage of sim lock iPhone is that they're way cheaper than standard price, usually RM1000-1500 cheaper yet they're all brand new still sealed with 1 year warranty just like when you buy from Apple store.

2) Unlock iPhone is also brand new still sealed just like sim lock iPhone. The only difference is that they're unlocked meaning you can use any sim card in this universe. But the con is that, they're standard price meaning they're very expensive than the sim lock iPhone above.

3) Apple certified refurbished is basically original refurbished made by Apple in the US. They're being refurbished in their factory meaning the iPhone will be repaired with original parts, all high quality. Everything will be done according to Apple's standard. So, when you buy Apple certified refurbished, the box will have "Apple Certified Refurbished" text printed on the iPhone box/packaging. If you don't see this text, means they're not original refurbished, refer to last type below.

4) Now, the last one is what most online stores in Malaysia are selling. Such as from lazada, lelong, shopee, instagram, etc. When they says brand new import set, they're mostly likely third party refurbished. Meaning, sellers who are not affiliated with Apple at all, are making their own refurbish on the iPhone. Third party refurbished are usually not high quality because they're using spare parts that are not original. Hence, why this kind of refurbished are cheap. Why they don't use original spare parts for their refurbish? Because Apple never release their original parts to anyone.

There are many more things to say, but I'm lazy to type.. so if you have any question, please ask.
Wah so thorough...thanks, good knowledge for us as well biggrin.gif

kuci_mayong
post Mar 12 2018, 10:41 AM

Enthusiast
808 posts

Can iphone that is Singapore set be fully used in Malaysia and can Singapore warranty be claimed in Malaysia (eg machines klcc)?
pop_enygma
post Mar 12 2018, 01:50 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(kuci_mayong @ Mar 12 2018, 10:41 AM)
Can iphone that is Singapore set be fully used in Malaysia and can Singapore warranty be claimed in Malaysia (eg machines klcc)?
Still got this kind of question... well, let me answer u on this...

As for malaysian user, SG set is the most best / safest option for imported set... so with this statement, i think it's clearly answered your question...

In other word, nothing to worry about the use of our telco sim, and the warranty also covered here...
kokhoong0624
post Mar 12 2018, 01:55 PM

Casual
404 posts

QUOTE(gogo2 @ Dec 15 2017, 07:24 PM)

The reverse is true.
Phones sold in US with Verizon or Sprint has the Qualcomm chip, which supports both CDMA and GSM. For Malaysian model, the phone is with intel chip sold ONLY support GSM. So phones sold here wouldn’t work with Verizon or Sprint in US or 电信网络 in China.
Malaysian phones with the intel chip have poorer reception compared to Qualcomm chips especially in low signal area.
This is based on the assumption that the phone is unlocked (sim free or Verizon model)
Source: https://www.pcmag.com/news/357671/exclusive...outpaces-intels

This post has been edited by kokhoong0624: Mar 12 2018, 01:57 PM
krishtiano86
post Mar 12 2018, 04:52 PM

6 STAR HOTEL
1,165 posts

Always go for Local phones. ALWAYS.
kuci_mayong
post Mar 12 2018, 10:47 PM

Enthusiast
808 posts

QUOTE(pop_enygma @ Mar 12 2018, 01:50 PM)
Still got this kind of question... well, let me answer u on this...

As for malaysian user, SG set is the most best / safest option for imported set... so with this statement, i think it's clearly answered your question...

In other word, nothing to worry about the use of our telco sim, and the warranty also covered here...
Thanks bro
attw
post Mar 13 2018, 07:28 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(krishtiano86 @ Mar 12 2018, 04:52 PM)
Always go for Local phones. ALWAYS.
Problem now is that the overseas sets are so much cheaper with the RM being a bit stronger than it was previously. It’s time Apple has another look at their official prices for MY, really.
krishtiano86
post Mar 13 2018, 08:58 AM

6 STAR HOTEL
1,165 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Mar 13 2018, 07:28 AM)
Problem now is that the overseas sets are so much cheaper with the RM being a bit stronger than it was previously. It’s time Apple has another look at their official prices for MY, really.
Yes agreed, hopefully next round they launch with proper pricing.
attw
post Mar 14 2018, 07:57 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(krishtiano86 @ Mar 13 2018, 08:58 AM)
Yes agreed, hopefully next round they launch with proper pricing.
Somehow I doubt it though laugh.gif

Anyways it’s looking unlikely that there will be a March event this time round. Maybe they’ll just quietly refresh the iPhone SE/iPad Mini 4 and launch AirPower.

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0157sec    0.45    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:31 PM