136 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The Official iPhone 8/8+ Thread (V2), User & Discussion

views

kennt0312
post Dec 15 2017, 09:39 AM

Casual
443 posts

QUOTE(JayChouYEE @ Dec 14 2017, 11:14 PM)
Honestly the open on spot to check request quite impossible for the delivery guy and highly chance will get problem with the delivery guy.
I think you can do is check if whether is sealed box only and then i think the guy will ask you to sign.
Open box if find the problem or scratches,then I think you need to contact Lazada to make the exchange since they offer the 14 days return due to Damaged/Defective. rclxms.gif

This is also happen in most of the apple shop/maxis/celcom/digi in Malaysia.Some is directly ask you claim warranty even DOA.Some is good with change for you.But if you walk out from the store,all complain will go to warranty claim.

The only way you can avoid all the problem is go to apple store singapore/hong kong/china/japan or buy it through APPLE ONLINE STORE MALAYSIA. bruce.gif
Not sure about others but for HK, heard that they won't exchange for you if there are any cosmetic issue even on the spot. buyers can only exchange on the spot if their phone got any hardware defective found. sweat.gif
lilsparda
post Dec 15 2017, 09:47 AM

Getting Started
159 posts

QUOTE(facktura @ Dec 15 2017, 09:24 AM)
I was about to buy hoda as well, but halo effect? Now need to reconsider. Wondering if hoda will fit with spigen ultra hybrid 2 case..
Not sure if it's badly applied tho. Asking around to see if it's common issue
facktura
post Dec 15 2017, 10:56 AM

Regular
1,566 posts

Guys i notice my iPhone 8 plus start having ghost touch problem from this morning.
Still on ios 11.2 didnt touch any setting watsoever but it pretty annoying to scroll twitter also very messed up, and typo all the way during typing keyboard.

Im typing now using my S8.
Anyone encounter this? No problem since last week i use the phone tho.
realitec
post Dec 15 2017, 10:58 AM

Emiko for life~
2,933 posts

QUOTE(facktura @ Dec 15 2017, 10:56 AM)
Guys i notice my iPhone 8 plus start having ghost touch problem from this morning.
Still on ios 11.2 didnt touch any setting watsoever but it pretty annoying to scroll twitter also very messed up, and typo all the way during typing keyboard.

Have you tried to restart your phone? Otherwise you need to reset all the setting.
dikae
post Dec 15 2017, 11:04 AM

an apple a day
Group Icon
Staff
8,733 posts

QUOTE(facktura @ Dec 15 2017, 10:56 AM)

QUOTE(realitec @ Dec 15 2017, 10:58 AM)
Have you tried to restart your phone? Otherwise you need to reset all the setting.
if restart doesn't work, then better reset it..
facktura
post Dec 15 2017, 11:50 AM

Regular
1,566 posts

QUOTE(dikae @ Dec 15 2017, 11:04 AM)
Hard reset? Fresh restore?1
facktura
post Dec 15 2017, 11:50 AM

Regular
1,566 posts

QUOTE(dikae @ Dec 15 2017, 11:04 AM)
realitec
post Dec 15 2017, 12:11 PM

Emiko for life~
2,933 posts

QUOTE(facktura @ Dec 15 2017, 11:50 AM)
Yes if you do not have any important thing in your new phone.
kennt0312
post Dec 15 2017, 12:12 PM

Casual
443 posts

QUOTE(dikae @ Dec 14 2017, 07:29 PM)
So if u find scratches you can decline it?
I dont think minor scratch and dent/crack can be declined especially 10 out of 10 i8/X definitely will have some minor micro scratches on either front back glass and slight dent/crack on the rubber/plastic cushion between the glass & metal frame even fresh out from box. but those doesn't really matter though since those scratches can on see under heavy lights but will really bother some of us since it is a very expensive piece of thing which we will expect a better QC.
kennt0312
post Dec 15 2017, 12:15 PM

Casual
443 posts

just bring it to service center to confirm the issue before you doing that. sometimes it is software issue but sometimes it might due to hardware.
dikae
post Dec 15 2017, 12:26 PM

an apple a day
Group Icon
Staff
8,733 posts

reset all content and settings then restore... most of the time it solve all the problems, if problem still persist after that then bring back to service centre...

QUOTE(kennt0312 @ Dec 15 2017, 12:12 PM)
I dont think minor scratch and dent/crack can be declined especially 10 out of 10 i8/X definitely will have some minor micro scratches on either front back glass and slight dent/crack on the rubber/plastic cushion between the glass & metal frame even fresh out from box. but those doesn't really matter though since those scratches can on see under heavy lights but will really bother some of us since it is a very expensive piece of thing which we will expect a better QC.
i got mine from maxis and that guy told me if u find even a minot scratch, if you're not happy, i'll swap a new one for u.. that's klcc though.. maybe better service..
kennt0312
post Dec 15 2017, 12:56 PM

Casual
443 posts

QUOTE(dikae @ Dec 15 2017, 12:26 PM)
reset all content and settings then restore... most of the time it solve all the problems, if problem still persist after that then bring back to service centre...
i got mine from maxis and that guy told me if u find even a minot scratch, if you're not happy, i'll swap a new one for u.. that's klcc though.. maybe better service..
wow really ah? maybe next time can consider buying there. but actually even change also, a chance to get a 100% perfect cosmetic phone are really super duper slim, especially we might still didn't notice or miss the minor defect during purchase. tongue.gif

i've seen in iX thread someone complaining that when he wanna purchase X in lot 10 machines during first day launch, before make payment he ask the staff can he get replacement on spot if after check the phone and found any defect such as dead pixel etc, the staff told her cannot, have to go to service center to claim warranty, he was like what the hell and then just walk out from the shop.
kennt0312
post Dec 15 2017, 01:02 PM

Casual
443 posts

during the time i purchase 6, i thought i will never able to adapt the size of 6+ cz it seems too big, but now after i use 8+ for almost 2 months, doesn't feel it is big anymore. tongue.gif perhaps the screen size seems look more comfortable and BIGGER to me compared to X. why ah? X screen size is definitely bigger than 8+ but the feeling on 8+ seems bigger than X.
dikae
post Dec 15 2017, 01:06 PM

an apple a day
Group Icon
Staff
8,733 posts

QUOTE(kennt0312 @ Dec 15 2017, 12:56 PM)
wow really ah? maybe next time can consider buying there. but actually even change also, a chance to get a 100% perfect cosmetic phone are really super duper slim, especially we might still didn't notice or miss the minor defect during purchase. tongue.gif

i've seen in iX thread someone complaining that when he wanna purchase X in lot 10 machines during first day launch, before make payment he ask the staff can he get replacement on spot if after check the phone and found any defect such as dead pixel etc, the staff told her cannot, have to go to service center to claim warranty, he was like what the hell and then just walk out from the shop.
well of course cant get 100% flawless.. as long as it looks ok to us, no major problems or obvious scratches, can power on and no issue with screens, then i'll go (of coz wont inspect the phone kaw kaw in front of the CS), probably took me like 20 secs to look around the phone and then i say ok looks good, don't even need to activate it, i'll bring it back home to do it myself biggrin.gif

QUOTE(kennt0312 @ Dec 15 2017, 01:02 PM)
during the time i purchase 6, i thought i will never able to adapt the size of 6+ cz it seems too big, but now after i use 8+ for almost 2 months, doesn't feel it is big anymore. tongue.gif perhaps the screen size seems look more comfortable and BIGGER to me compared to X. why ah? X screen size is definitely bigger than 8+ but the feeling on 8+ seems bigger than X.
I never used any 4.7" iphones, from 5s straight to 6 plus.... so i probably wont know much about the size on 4.7" and the battery.... so its definitely huge diff for me/us (alot of people here with similar experience). but the X screen is definitely smaller than the plus despite written 5.8" on paper... basically its smaller because the screen is thinner but taller (taller coz it fits more things in screen, but convert everything smaller)... if u put an x and plus side by side, same picture same surface, u will notice the image on the x is about 20% smaller than the plus... smile.gif
kennt0312
post Dec 15 2017, 02:10 PM

Casual
443 posts

QUOTE(dikae @ Dec 15 2017, 01:06 PM)
well of course cant get 100% flawless.. as long as it looks ok to us, no major problems or obvious scratches, can power on and no issue with screens, then i'll go (of coz wont inspect the phone kaw kaw in front of the CS), probably took me like 20 secs to look around the phone and then i say ok looks good, don't even need to activate it, i'll bring it back home to do it myself biggrin.gif
I never used any 4.7" iphones, from 5s straight to 6 plus.... so i probably wont know much about the size on 4.7" and the battery.... so its definitely huge diff for me/us (alot of people here with similar experience). but the X screen is definitely smaller than the plus despite written 5.8" on paper... basically its smaller because the screen is thinner but taller (taller coz it fits more things in screen, but convert everything smaller)... if u put an x and plus side by side, same picture same surface, u will notice the image on the x is about 20% smaller than the plus... smile.gif
if 1 hand use really feel much comfortable on a 4.7" iphone. but have to sacrifice the screen size. i was worry i will regret to get a plus model but end up nope. i was plan to buy regular 8 but then the extra battery capacity, screen size, 2nd camera lens, portrait mode & extra 1g of ram with only RM500 of top up on the plus seems worthy.
dikae
post Dec 15 2017, 02:15 PM

an apple a day
Group Icon
Staff
8,733 posts

QUOTE(kennt0312 @ Dec 15 2017, 02:10 PM)
if 1 hand use really feel much comfortable on a 4.7" iphone. but have to sacrifice the screen size. i was worry i will regret to get a plus model but end up nope. i was plan to buy regular 8 but then the extra battery capacity, screen size, 2nd camera lens, portrait mode & extra 1g of ram with only RM500 of top up on the plus seems worthy.
haha yeap i think 8 plus is a better choice for u.... and as long as you're happy with your purchase thumbup.gif
annann91
post Dec 15 2017, 04:48 PM

36 posts

I have a question... What brand of car holder did you purchase for your iPhone 8+?
The reason I'm asking is cos not all can hold the weight of the phone... And I don't want it to drop while going on a bump or something like that...

My iPhone 6 does that on cheap brands I bought from digital mall...
Any advice? smile.gif
annann91
post Dec 15 2017, 04:53 PM

36 posts

QUOTE(dikae @ Dec 15 2017, 12:26 PM)
Thanks for this! I'll get mine from KLCC too then brows.gif
kennt0312
post Dec 15 2017, 05:12 PM

Casual
443 posts

QUOTE(annann91 @ Dec 15 2017, 04:48 PM)
I have a question... What brand of car holder did you purchase for your iPhone 8+?
The reason I'm asking is cos not all can hold the weight of the phone... And I don't want it to drop while going on a bump or something like that...

My iPhone 6 does that on cheap brands I bought from digital mall...
Any advice? smile.gif
you can still purchase cheap brand but before that you must test it with your phone.
attw
post Dec 15 2017, 05:54 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(lilsparda @ Dec 15 2017, 08:13 AM)
Hi guys, just bought an ip8+ together with hoda tg.

However got halo effect. U guys experience the same?
Used Hoda with both 7 Plus and 8 Plus, no Halo effect so far.

136 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0217sec    0.24    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:53 PM