QUOTE(hawk1lo @ Dec 21 2018, 02:25 PM)
still the AA pop up covers the whole screen and hid the navigation apps
Yes you are right.
Should just make it a notification.
cktang
post Dec 21 2018, 02:50 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(AMDAthlon @ Dec 21 2018, 09:02 AM)
Actually.. What is the advantage of turning on AA besides the extra time booster bonus?
Ping priority given to 1.nearest driver with AA on, 2.nearest driver with non AA on, 3.nearest driver with AA/MD on(me rclxs0.gif ), 4.nearest driver with non AA on and MD on. But is because of 20% commission and better tbb lah or else who wanna kena rm20 klcc/pavilion or rm65 klia or lousy grabshare job in peak hour...

birdman8
post Dec 21 2018, 03:37 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

https://themalaysianreserve.com/2018/12/20/...ts-requirement/

GRAB Malaysia is expected to provide financial assistance to its drivers who are struggling to meet the requirements that are part of the government’s regulation exercise for the e-hailing industry.

Grab Malaysia country head Sean Goh (picture) said while the total cost might not add up for the company, it is necessary for the company to support its drivers who are mainly part-timers that cannot afford the whole amount at one go.

“About 80% of our drivers are part-timers. From what we’ve seen, it’ll cost about RM200 for the training modules, while medical and car inspections would be about RM60. Insurance alone will amount to about RM400 and there’s more.

“I know some drivers won’t be able to fork out RM700 or RM800 for that cost upfront,” he told The Malaysian Reserve at a media briefing in Kuala Lumpur yesterday.

Goh said the new regulations are expected to add cost to the system, and through time, the process might just cause friction among the drivers.

He assured that Grab will be assisting its drivers to go through the processes as smoothly as possible with minimal issues.

“For drivers who have hit certain milestones and have contributed to Grab with strong ratings, we will look at various ways we can help.

“We are committed to helping our drivers, they are our biggest stakeholders. We have not finalised how much we will invest until we know for sure the processes that will be needed,” Goh said.

He said the company will begin the process as soon as the relevant authorities announce the terms and conditions.

“We know the cut off date is July 12, 2019, but I can tell you none of the processes have started yet and details have not been fully released.

“We have been and are in contact with the Ministry of Transport (MoT) and the Land Public Transport Commission (SPAD),” he said.

According to Goh, the drop-off rate for drivers will be affected significantly, but Grab will strive to get everyone across with no hassle.

“Where we land will depend on how smoothly we can help transit our drivers. The possibility of losing drivers is there — maybe 20% or 30%, some have even said 70%.

“It is sad because this will ultimately tax the system and lead to a lower availability of drivers and higher fares for passengers,” he said.

On ride prices, Goh said there have been no increases so far, despite the perception that fares have spiked after the company’s merger with Uber.

“It was a misconception that we increased fares. We’ve looked at comparisons including after the merger that took place in April.

“In July, Malaysians celebrated Hari Raya Aidilfitri, which led to a shortage of drivers, so naturally, prices went up. Now, we are concerned that regulatory processes will drive prices upwards, but we will try and mitigate it,” Goh said.

He added that Grab currently invests much in incentives for drivers and will continue to do so for the coming year.

“We constantly try to ensure that drivers are at the right places at the right hours, so that they can earn more. The commision taken is still 20% to 25% and we will keep it that way for now,” he said.

One of the concerns that Grab has today is the concept of drivers cherry-picking their rides.

Goh said some drivers tend to see some rides as more beneficial to others and will not accept bookings.

“For these drivers, we take a 25% commission to deter them from cherry-picking. It affects the whole system when drivers choose their rides because passengers end up waiting longer and drivers would have to go further distances to pick them up.

“But for the majority, we take a 20% commission,” Goh said.

He added that removing the ability for drivers to see the end destination will not be fair to the those who are currently diligent and responsible in accepting rides.

“Some apps like Uber allow passengers to not specify where they are going, but we have spoken to our drivers and taken into consideration what they want, which is to see the destination. And we want to honour that.”

Goh said Grab has many plans for 2019, including upping safety options for drivers and passengers.

He said currently, drivers are all verified but they will look into the use of advanced technologies like facial recognition to identify and verify passengers as well.

“Its something very new we are looking into, but we want both drivers and passengers to feel safe at all times.”

Goh said the company will not create any gender-specific service for females as it believes that its service are safe and reliable
lznce2679
post Dec 21 2018, 04:03 PM

Getting Started
220 posts

kl traffic at 4pm

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
yhtan
post Dec 21 2018, 04:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

Seriously RM6.50 compensation for last week underpay? doh.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
cktang
post Dec 21 2018, 05:05 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(yhtan @ Dec 21 2018, 04:48 PM)
I got rm3.5 blush.gif ..
AskarPerang
post Dec 21 2018, 06:48 PM

~tUPaI...~
All Stars
23,138 posts

QUOTE(birdman8 @ Dec 21 2018, 03:37 PM)
https://themalaysianreserve.com/2018/12/20/...ts-requirement/

GRAB Malaysia is expected to provide financial assistance to its drivers who are struggling to meet the requirements that are part of the government’s regulation exercise for the e-hailing industry.

Grab Malaysia country head Sean Goh (picture) said while the total cost might not add up for the company, it is necessary for the company to support its drivers who are mainly part-timers that cannot afford the whole amount at one go.

“About 80% of our drivers are part-timers. From what we’ve seen, it’ll cost about RM200 for the training modules, while medical and car inspections would be about RM60. Insurance alone will amount to about RM400 and there’s more.

“I know some drivers won’t be able to fork out RM700 or RM800 for that cost upfront,” he told The Malaysian Reserve at a media briefing in Kuala Lumpur yesterday.

Goh said the new regulations are expected to add cost to the system, and through time, the process might just cause friction among the drivers.

He assured that Grab will be assisting its drivers to go through the processes as smoothly as possible with minimal issues.

“For drivers who have hit certain milestones and have contributed to Grab with strong ratings, we will look at various ways we can help.

“We are committed to helping our drivers, they are our biggest stakeholders. We have not finalised how much we will invest until we know for sure the processes that will be needed,” Goh said.

He said the company will begin the process as soon as the relevant authorities announce the terms and conditions.

“We know the cut off date is July 12, 2019, but I can tell you none of the processes have started yet and details have not been fully released.

“We have been and are in contact with the Ministry of Transport (MoT) and the Land Public Transport Commission (SPAD),” he said.

According to Goh, the drop-off rate for drivers will be affected significantly, but Grab will strive to get everyone across with no hassle.

“Where we land will depend on how smoothly we can help transit our drivers. The possibility of losing drivers is there — maybe 20% or 30%, some have even said 70%.

“It is sad because this will ultimately tax the system and lead to a lower availability of drivers and higher fares for passengers,” he said.

On ride prices, Goh said there have been no increases so far, despite the perception that fares have spiked after the company’s merger with Uber.

“It was a misconception that we increased fares. We’ve looked at comparisons including after the merger that took place in April.

“In July, Malaysians celebrated Hari Raya Aidilfitri, which led to a shortage of drivers, so naturally, prices went up. Now, we are concerned that regulatory processes will drive prices upwards, but we will try and mitigate it,” Goh said.

He added that Grab currently invests much in incentives for drivers and will continue to do so for the coming year.

“We constantly try to ensure that drivers are at the right places at the right hours, so that they can earn more. The commision taken is still 20% to 25% and we will keep it that way for now,” he said.

One of the concerns that Grab has today is the concept of drivers cherry-picking their rides.

Goh said some drivers tend to see some rides as more beneficial to others and will not accept bookings.

“For these drivers, we take a 25% commission to deter them from cherry-picking. It affects the whole system when drivers choose their rides because passengers end up waiting longer and drivers would have to go further distances to pick them up.

“But for the majority, we take a 20% commission,” Goh said.

He added that removing the ability for drivers to see the end destination will not be fair to the those who are currently diligent and responsible in accepting rides.

“Some apps like Uber allow passengers to not specify where they are going, but we have spoken to our drivers and taken into consideration what they want, which is to see the destination. And we want to honour that.”

Goh said Grab has many plans for 2019, including upping safety options for drivers and passengers.

He said currently, drivers are all verified but they will look into the use of advanced technologies like facial recognition to identify and verify passengers as well.

“Its something very new we are looking into, but we want both drivers and passengers to feel safe at all times.”

Goh said the company will not create any gender-specific service for females as it believes that its service are safe and reliable
Very good answer by Sean Goh.
At least we know where Grab will be heading in 2019.
Commission of 20%-25% look set to stay put unchanged.
lznce2679
post Dec 21 2018, 07:40 PM

Getting Started
220 posts

i got rn4.50
d-realm
post Dec 21 2018, 09:36 PM

25 posts

QUOTE(cktang @ Dec 21 2018, 02:50 PM)
Ping priority given to 1.nearest driver with AA on, 2.nearest driver with non AA on, 3.nearest driver with AA/MD on(me  rclxs0.gif ), 4.nearest driver with non AA on and MD on. But is because of 20% commission and better tbb lah or else who wanna kena rm20 klcc/pavilion or rm65 klia or lousy grabshare job in peak hour...
Nearest driver yes, with AA or not related.

Yesterday at Usj 1 petronas, me with another driver there chitchat, i on AA he off AA.

1st job, he got 1st .. n ignored RM5
2nd job, also he got 1st RM8, also ignore n come to me.

Today 4pm, after lim teh with klang grab fren we online together at puchong.

I off AA, he on AA.

3 jobs come to me 1st, 3 i also ignored n none of them go him.

Conclusion AA or not important.
d-realm
post Dec 21 2018, 09:39 PM

25 posts

i got RM2.50 .. ngam2 for kopi ais ikat tepi tongue.gif
andrwss
post Dec 21 2018, 09:42 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(d-realm @ Dec 21 2018, 09:36 PM)
Nearest driver yes, with AA or not related.

Yesterday at Usj 1 petronas, me with another driver there chitchat, i on AA he off AA.

1st job, he got 1st .. n ignored RM5
2nd job, also he got 1st RM8, also ignore n come to me.

Today 4pm, after lim teh with klang grab fren we online together at puchong.

I off AA, he on AA.

3 jobs come to me 1st, 3 i also ignored n none of them go him.

Conclusion AA or not important.
I second this, I mentioned long time ago AA doesn't give you job priority as advertised, it is just fooling new drivers to accept bad/skipped job. I myself also experienced too much when group of drivers together and AA doesn't matter at all.
d-realm
post Dec 21 2018, 10:09 PM

25 posts

Hmm 7k rides consider high milestone or not? biggrin.gif
johnfong
post Dec 21 2018, 10:15 PM

11 posts

user posted image

Anyone can confirm that after updated to ver. 5.57.0 android phone the data consumed by crap driver's app is crazy.

Or is it just me. Thank you.
andrwss
post Dec 21 2018, 10:17 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(birdman8 @ Dec 21 2018, 03:37 PM)

1. 20-25% commission is way too high and not logical, if without incentives. It would be more logical at 5-10% commission to be taken, with less incentives maybe.

2. Sean Goh, your crappy time booster bonus is what made cherry picking worsen. Do you even analyses after each trip end whether you underpaid your driver during peak hour? I see no improvement in time booster bonus since it was implemented despite reports filed. Why don't you use the largest traffic source, which is Google map for your TBB if you strive the best?

3. What made distance go further when driver reject a job? Your fucking 30 seconds locker is. This is the most FUCKING stupid thing ever introduced. You may lock drivers if you had too much spare drivers, but if you lock drivers during peak hour, and there is a job nearby how do you assign it to him? Pass it to another driver 5km away? That's fucking backfired. Stupid locker should get lost, you may rise weekly minimum acceptance rate from 30% to 50% or even 85%, to more effectively reduce cherry picking. Both auto accept and locker were made to force drivers to accept jobs, even the crappy one. You should not force drivers in this way, you should improve your job assignment with the right pricing to the nearest available driver. You should keep improving but not expect your office job to be done by forcing drivers to accept jobs. There is a reason for every cancelled job, why don't you made an option for drivers to enter feedback for cancelled jobs but only for completed jobs? You should be studying feedback from your job assignment on cancelled jobs, if drivers willing to spend their time and write their feedback.

I hope someone in grab office is reading this, thank you.

This post has been edited by andrwss: Dec 21 2018, 10:29 PM
skylinelover
post Dec 21 2018, 10:42 PM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

Haha luckily i just off day yesterday laugh.gif
river.sand
post Dec 21 2018, 10:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

Tomorrow I will go to airport.
If you guys happen to be in Sri Petaling 11:30am to 11:45am please do not cherry pick biggrin.gif
chrnosx
post Dec 22 2018, 12:32 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(andrwss @ Dec 21 2018, 10:17 PM)
1. 20-25% commission is way too high and not logical, if without incentives. It would be more logical at 5-10% commission to be taken, with less incentives maybe.

2. Sean Goh, your crappy time booster bonus is what made cherry picking worsen. Do you even analyses after each trip end whether you underpaid your driver during peak hour? I see no improvement in time booster bonus since it was implemented despite reports filed. Why don't you use the largest traffic source, which is Google map for your TBB if you strive the best?

3. What made distance go further when driver reject a job? Your fucking 30 seconds locker is. This is the most FUCKING stupid thing ever introduced. You may lock drivers if you had too much spare drivers, but if you lock drivers during peak hour, and there is a job nearby how do you assign it to him? Pass it to another driver 5km away? That's fucking backfired. Stupid locker should get lost, you may rise weekly minimum acceptance rate from 30% to 50% or even 85%, to more effectively reduce cherry picking. Both auto accept and locker were made to force drivers to accept jobs, even the crappy one. You should not force drivers in this way, you should improve your job assignment with the right pricing to the nearest available driver. You should keep improving but not expect your office job to be done by forcing drivers to accept jobs. There is a reason for every cancelled job, why don't you made an option for drivers to enter feedback for cancelled jobs but only for completed jobs? You should be studying feedback from your job assignment on cancelled jobs, if drivers willing to spend their time and write their feedback.

I hope someone in grab office is reading this, thank you.
Every day I have to report and cancel trips which I don't think its fair. They haven't responded to me since 28th November and their automated system keep asking me to rate. I just hit reply with a template that if they continue to be this inefficient, I will start to intervene myself and cancel the rides. Consider this a warning and a gesture to inform you that if you can't get the system right, don't implement it.

Then I receive a call from them because my CR was 50% last week. The CS asked me why and I told him that the fare was not fair. They told me why don't I report, I said that they haven't replied my first and many more since 28th November. Then he told me TBB is an estimate based on history and its an estimation of mileage before time. First I told him Grab has been around 5 years, your data would have enough samples to make at least 85% accurate even with traffic lights. But that's not the case. Finally, I asked him does he want to work for me? He asked me why? I said if your working based on estimated mileage before time, then you would definitely come cheap because I will pay you how much work you did in a day instead of how much time you spent in the office. Judging by how efficient you handle TBB emails even with templates, I would estimate to only pay you RM 30 a day. Surely I would pay more than Grab will do. Interested?
AskarPerang
post Dec 22 2018, 12:53 AM

~tUPaI...~
All Stars
23,138 posts

QUOTE(chrnosx @ Dec 22 2018, 12:32 AM)
Every day I have to report and cancel trips which I don't think its fair. They haven't responded to me since 28th November and their automated system keep asking me to rate. I just hit reply with a template that if they continue to be this inefficient, I will start to intervene myself and cancel the rides. Consider this a warning and a gesture to inform you that if you can't get the system right, don't implement it.

Then I receive a call from them because my CR was 50% last week. The CS asked me why and I told him that the fare was not fair. They told me why don't I report, I said that they haven't replied my first and many more since 28th November. Then he told me TBB is an estimate based on history and its an estimation of mileage before time. First I told him Grab has been around 5 years, your data would have enough samples to make at least 85% accurate even with traffic lights. But that's not the case. Finally, I asked him does he want to work for me? He asked me why? I said if your working based on estimated mileage before time, then you would definitely come cheap because I will pay you how much work you did in a day instead of how much time you spent in the office. Judging by how efficient you handle TBB emails even with templates, I would estimate to only pay you RM 30 a day. Surely I would pay more than Grab will do. Interested?
CR 50% is really high.
Yes TB and fare estimation is really a hit or miss thing. But if going into jam area such as KL, is a confirm miss. Not worth it entering KL city center as usual.
forever1979
post Dec 22 2018, 04:43 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,716 posts

CR so high only caused u continue crapping

dont trust the TB as i mentioned earlier. evening MP also i not on AA if noted there was a high demand..

this week many places are black areas from crap drivers

ytd afternoon i was in pudu having ba ku teh. after that just on app and all ping coming from KL Pavillion area or nearby going to pavillion... its was UP.. luckiliy i do not on AA, ping not stop for GPlus... at last i just on Premium and die die have to accept one from melinium hotel (near by pavilion) to MV.. pick up 30mins, job completed about 50 mins.. luckily fare RM52...

forever1979
post Dec 22 2018, 04:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,716 posts

QUOTE(Lancelot9 @ Dec 21 2018, 01:06 PM)
Good!! One hour already. No ping at all at PJ area. After I camp and rounding. My phone got problem?
u need to check your gps. can use rider app to confirm whether u are actually 'online' or not...
of your car cannot be found, something wrong with your gps

just closed the app, then on airplane mode for 3min to 5 mins...

i encountered this gps problem... i called to CS, he taught me this. this is one of the few incidents that i really think CS got value one..

929 Pages « < 902 903 904 905 906 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0229sec    0.37    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:09 PM