Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Retiree Club ?, Any reliable place to meet retirees ?

views

TSKopitiam7878
post Dec 13 2017, 08:04 PM, updated 7y ago

2 posts

Hmmmm ....

Just turned 56 yo (male/single) and retired. When in my early 20s, I planned to retire at 55 ... now 1 year later only.

Here are some of the things I have planned/done ....

1. Children - settled and financially able.
2. Health - quite ok (40% of my 20s self).
3. Financial - ok.
4. Been to 35 countries ... 10 more in my list.

I enjoyed travelling and meeting new people/friends. Most of my buddies (except 2 of them) don't seemed interested to travel. I flew to Melbourne/Singapore to catch up with friends there last 4 months ... nice but would like a travelling companion. Not travelling with wife becos just divorced.

One major drawback I discovered is health ... not as I planned when I was 20s. Not able/comfortable to walk up double-storey house ... living in a condo now.

Anyone know of active retirees gathering place/club ? Thanks.

pgsiemkia
post Dec 13 2017, 11:39 PM

Casual
395 posts

QUOTE(Kopitiam7878 @ Dec 13 2017, 08:04 PM)
Hmmmm ....

Just turned 56 yo (male/single) and retired. When in my early 20s, I planned to retire at 55 ... now 1 year later only.

Here are some of the things I have planned/done ....

1. Children - settled and financially able.
2. Health - quite ok (40% of my 20s self).
3. Financial - ok.
4. Been to 35 countries ... 10 more in my list.

I enjoyed travelling and meeting new people/friends. Most of my buddies (except 2 of them) don't seemed interested to travel. I flew to Melbourne/Singapore to catch up with friends there last 4 months ... nice but would like a travelling companion. Not travelling with wife becos just divorced.

One major drawback I discovered is health ... not as I planned when I was 20s. Not able/comfortable to walk up double-storey house ... living in a condo now.

Anyone know of active retirees gathering place/club ? Thanks.
Not actually there yet but company retirement policy is 60. Now I still goto gym to workout and do zumba. Can still manage 1 hour class without stopping to drink water. 30 yrs ago, I could not even walk a km without gasping for breath, not lucky getting fitter as I approach 55. Not keen on holiday abroad since travelled a lot in younger days and student days.

Maybe we can meet up for yamcha.

TSKopitiam7878
post Dec 14 2017, 08:27 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(pgsiemkia @ Dec 13 2017, 11:39 PM)
Not actually there yet but company retirement policy is 60. Now I still goto gym to workout and do zumba. Can still manage 1 hour class without stopping to drink water. 30 yrs ago, I could not even walk a km without gasping for breath, not lucky getting fitter as I approach 55. Not keen on holiday abroad since travelled a lot in younger days and student days.

Maybe we can meet up for yamcha.
Nice to yumcha ... I like that too. I live in KL ... let me know where to meet ?

My current condition was due to medical mismanagement 4 yrs ago that got me comatosed for 2 years. I can walk comfortably now.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0117sec    0.26    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:40 PM