Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

New user registrations disabled until further notice.

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Pokémon GO Malaysia Thread #V4, Gotta Catch 'Em All (Chat)

1qaz1qaz
post Yesterday, 11:43 AM

What Are You Looking At???!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(thirty6whoisit @ May 25 2018, 11:33 AM)
Congrats to both sifus!!!!  flex.gif
lol u sure way ahead la haha
sniper on the roof
post Yesterday, 11:45 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Group: VIP

QUOTE(thirty6whoisit @ May 25 2018, 11:32 AM)
TBH, only machamp 100% worth powering up. However, you should focus on:
1. Doing more raids - tyranitar and machamp.
2. Target ex-raid gyms to get Mewtwo.
3. Grinding up XP - target to hit level 30 in 1 week; and quickly grind up to 35.
4. Grind up stardust - its never enough.
5. Stock up candy and candidates - look for nests / higher spawns during weather boost periods.
All have better options available now. No use wasting resources. Except your machamp - if atk 15 and iv high, can consider pumping. Else, my suggestion is similar to above.
Good luck to the both of you!!
I would argue against machamp raids and use the free pass for Legendary raids for the XP and rare candies since can use Hariyama instead of Machamp. They're plentiful and cheap.

This post has been edited by sniper on the roof: Yesterday, 11:46 AM
thirty6whoisit
post Yesterday, 11:52 AM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(naturalfool @ May 23 2018, 09:30 AM)
Just saw it this morning! Yay...I have a 100% CP723 larvitar standby. Tangkap kat petaling jaya 2 months ago.  But candies a bit pitiful, 370 only. 

Need to poke poke for shiny only  rclxms.gif cos I really want the purple bellied beast!!!

Is smack down a good move? Better than stone edge?

And damned! I just did a round of evo with pidgeys yesterday  mad.gif
Congrats! Anyone that saved 100% larvi is damn lucky!

QUOTE(sniper on the roof @ May 23 2018, 09:50 AM)
3x XP is only for catches so you didn't kena screwed tongue.gif

Now a lot of confusion over smack down. It's a fast move and the chinese in-game news says smack down but english in-game news say charge move and didn't mention smack down.

I'm speculating that whatever that it won't be game changing from what we've seen so far.. the starter pokemon CD gets better than original moves ie frenzy plant Venusaur and blast burn Charizard but the non-starters like Dragonite get draco meteor which is worse than Outrage and Ampharos got the wtf Dragon Pulse.

That's why I recommend hoard those pinap (I'm targetting at least 200 pinaps) and lucky egg the whole event duration.

ps: I've been wasting raid pass raiding Ttars lately for candies and candidates *sigh*
QUOTE(1qaz1qaz @ May 23 2018, 10:13 AM)
MS announced ady meh?
just saw the in-game news this morning 
damn fk 2 larvitar 100% i ady evolved long long time ago lol
no need sleep la just go farm after world cup lol
Sifus, although not official announced, the moveset will most likely be smack down.
The in game news flash was changed quite fast - "Charged TMs to just TMs".
Tyra might be the best rock type atker with this moveset PROVIDED niantic doesnt screw with the damage points and cool down time.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
thirty6whoisit
post Yesterday, 12:00 PM

QUOTE(501-Elite @ May 24 2018, 01:49 PM)
now i know why ppl still hunting for Tyra  brows.gif  brows.gif
hope can catch a good IV larvitar on the community day next month
QUOTE(alvintan84 @ May 24 2018, 10:37 PM)
Good to hear that, looks like I need to join whatsap group for legendary raiding then  laugh.gif
But first, need to get the remaining other pokemon type counter for backup, Example:

Fire - Charizard, Flareon & Arcanine (Still hunting for better Eevee IV so I can evolve it, miss Moltres quest previously)
Ice - Lapras (but couldn't find 1 yet, got decent counter like Cloyster / Walrein but each 1 unit)
Rock - Golem & Rhydon
Psychic - Epseon & Alakazam
Ghost - Gengar

Yup, previously I put dratini as my buddy, which I managed to collect enough candies to evolve it to Dragonite.
Will swap to other buddy once have sufficient candies to evolve the next Golems

Looking forward to next community day to get my first Tyr.

Luckily, during the fighting event, I managed to stock up enough candies for Machamp & Hariyama power-up (And At least now can whack Blissey or Chansey in Gym now) brows.gif
Guys,

Use this week to grind up as much larvitar candy. Pinap everything. Do more tyra raids. Pinap everything.
Hopefully get few larvi with great ivs and evolve some to tyra during CD for potentially Smack Down / Stone Edge.
Ideally, 124 candies x 6 tyra = 744 candies for that moveset. If not, maybe 2 or 3 at least.

Rmbr you still need to have few tyra with Bite / Crunch (but these can be obtained now / later via raids).
Again, ideally 6 with this MS or at least 3.

Alvin,

Fire - personally, i wouldnt really prioritise them as they are not really relevant for gyms. Even a level 20 to 30 flareon in your arsenal will do for gyms. For raids, the only use so far for fire types will be against registeel - entei / moltres / machamp / blast burn Char.

Ice - Dont waste time. Hoard swinub and eevee candies / candidates for gen 4. Lapras / Walrein / Cloyster / Articuno will be obsolete unless changes made to their stats / moves.

Rock - Focus on CD tyra Smack Down / Stone Edge. Rhyhorn candies hoard for gen 4. Golem unfortunately, might be obsolete or relegated to 2nd squad. Keep good iv geodude though for Alola Golem (?)

Psychic - Hands down mewtwo is the best. The second alternate is female gardevoir.

Ghost - not really useful, better ones to come in upcoming gens.

This post has been edited by thirty6whoisit: Yesterday, 12:07 PM
sniper on the roof
post Yesterday, 12:02 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon

QUOTE(thirty6whoisit @ May 25 2018, 11:52 AM)
Congrats! Anyone that saved 100% larvi is damn lucky!
Sifus, although not official announced, the moveset will most likely be smack down.
The in game news flash was changed quite fast - "Charged TMs to just TMs".
Tyra might be the best rock type atker with this moveset PROVIDED niantic doesnt screw with the damage points and cool down time.
It doesn't matter wan... as long as Tyranitar gets a fast rock move, then its already the best rock attacker due to the stats alone at least before Gen 4.

Gen 4 have to see what Rhyperior gets and Rampardos as the high DPS fragile option. I'm gonna evolve 3 CD Ttars but not powering them up unless really need it.

This post has been edited by sniper on the roof: Yesterday, 12:07 PM
thirty6whoisit
post Yesterday, 12:11 PM

QUOTE(sniper on the roof @ May 25 2018, 12:02 PM)
It doesn't matter wan... as long as Tyranitar gets a fast rock move, then its already the best rock attacker due to the stats alone at least before Gen 4.

Gen 4 have to see what Rhyperior gets and Rampardos as the high DPS fragile option. I'm gonna evolve 3 CD Ttars but not powering them up unless really need it.
Yeah, kinda.... Hopefully they dont nerf it like blast burn for charizard.
Else, it might be sluggish and lower its DPS. TDO definitely Tyra would win due to its base stats...
thirty6whoisit
post Yesterday, 12:18 PM

QUOTE(1qaz1qaz @ May 25 2018, 11:43 AM)
lol u sure way ahead la haha
No la... i slow down a lot... in fact i havent raided a single ho-oh yet.

QUOTE(sniper on the roof @ May 25 2018, 11:45 AM)
I would argue against machamp raids and use the free pass for Legendary raids for the XP and rare candies since can use Hariyama instead of Machamp. They're plentiful and cheap.
Grind xp = yes T5 the bomb!!! Now with event, i think its 17k xp per t5 raid (from what my friends told me today). Lucky egg can get 34k... yummy!!!

Machamp raids can forgo la if there are other options available. Its probably for those times when you want to use up daily pass / solo. I like Hariyama, but for duo-ing tyra i havent bothered maxing up a squad of Hariyamas. I only have 1 Hariyama powered up as an anchor for those WB Stone Edge / Fire Blast Tyra raids.

Else for gyms, its Mewtwo, Gardevoir, Machamp and Tyra all the way. .... LOL
sniper on the roof
post Yesterday, 12:41 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon

QUOTE(thirty6whoisit @ May 25 2018, 12:18 PM)
No la... i slow down a lot... in fact i havent raided a single ho-oh yet.
Grind xp = yes T5 the bomb!!! Now with event, i think its 17k xp per t5 raid (from what my friends told me today). Lucky egg can get 34k... yummy!!!

Machamp raids can forgo la if there are other options available. Its probably for those times when you want to use up daily pass / solo. I like Hariyama, but for duo-ing tyra i havent bothered maxing up a squad of Hariyamas. I only have 1 Hariyama powered up as an anchor for those WB Stone Edge / Fire Blast Tyra raids.

Else for gyms, its Mewtwo, Gardevoir, Machamp and Tyra all the way. .... LOL
Dual wielding of course need every single DPS that Machamp can provide la. But for gyms, there's really no substantial difference between the 2. True the fat guy can block the view but nowadays can see the bottom right text to dodge those dazzling gleams.

I just raided 2 T5 this morning... lucky egg on... 20K XP per raid.
alvintan84
post Yesterday, 10:42 PM

Game Enthusiast & Food Hunter
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(sniper on the roof @ May 25 2018, 10:17 AM)
Some comments

Fire - Charizard, Flareon & Arcanine (Still hunting for better Eevee IV so I can evolve it, miss Moltres quest previously)
--> Fire is not very useful in the meta. Nice to have but not essential. Don't need to waste resource on it.

Ice - Lapras (but couldn't find 1 yet, got decent counter like Cloyster / Walrein but each 1 unit)
--> Also not useful in the meta since Ice types of weak attack. Just use some high level wild caught spheals and evolve them into Walreins.

Rock - Golem & Rhydon
--> Adventure week is on... Golems aplenty everywhere. Rhydon not useful in meta now but Rhyperior in Gen 4 could be formidable. Just collect candies. More importantly is the upcoming community day Tyranitar if you need rock type attackers. That said, Rock types were only useful during the earlier Gen1 Legendary Birds time... Don't see any real use for it now. Buddy something more rare for pokedex entry or future use.

Psychic - Epseon & Alakazam
--> Non-legendary wise.... Exeggutor is a more cost efficient choice. Eggs are everywhere and only cost 50 candies to evolve. No need to walk them like Espeon. Besides, there's not much use for psychic type now with the exception of Machamp raids.... its only useful to reduce damage from gym defenders Zen Headbutt and such.

Ghost - Gengar
--> Only for pokedex entry. Gengar's very very fragile and Shadow Claw cannot be obtained anymore. Ghost is only super effective against other ghost type (which you don't see in gyms) and Psychic types (this can be handled better by Tyranitar). Ghost type moves are resisted by normal type and ineffective against dark type means its quite useless against at least 1/2 to 2/3 a typical gym composition.

My recommendation is to build team for meta first and follow 1qaz1qaz famous "gotta hoard em all" strategy.

For gyms, my recommendation once you reach lv 30 for a starter party of 6 for best coverage are:

1) Machamp/Hariyama with counter/dynamic punch
2) Machamp/Hariyama with counter/dynamic punch
3) Machamp/Hariyama with counter/dynamic punch
4) Tyranitar with Bite/Crunch
5) Exeggutor with Bullet seed/Solar beam
6) Dragonite with Dragon Tail/Outrage

The above combo with 1 or 2 extra Machamp/Hariyama and Tyranitar respectively can cover the whole meta already.

Reasons -

The first 3 fighting types (maybe even a 4th) takes care of Blissey, Snorlax, Chansey, Slaking, Tyranitar, Steel and Ice types.
Tyranitar is for those Psychic/Fairy types that ppl slot in to force a change from fighting types ie. Gardevoir, Slowbro/king, Azumarill, Wigglytuff.
Exeggutor if there's a big water type Milotic, Gyarados, Vaporeon in the gym else you can also substitute this with another Tyranitar for general work. , S
Dragonite for Dragonite or Salamence and as a generalist if there's a fire type in the gym.

My own go-to team are:

1) Mewtwo - psycho cut/ focus blast
2) Machamp - Counter/ Dynamic punch
3) Tyranitar - Bite/Stone Edge
4) Raikou - Thundershock/ Wild charge
5) Dragonite - Dragon Breath/ Dragon Claw
6) Machamp - counter/ Dynamic Punch
Noted sifu! Will focus on building up my Fighting squad ASAP & ignore the rest type laugh.gif
I guess have to wait till Tyr community day to pinap & catch them. Any substitute for Tyr now?

Meanwhile, I putting my dratini as buddy in order to evolve my second & third Dragonite (waiting in queue)

QUOTE(1qaz1qaz @ May 25 2018, 10:43 AM)
shhhhhhh i just hoard for my own satisfaction  laugh.gif

alvintan84 yes in general fighting type is a good to have and Machop is somewhat like pidgey due to weather and about a month or two ago there are like 3-4 100% Machop pop up daily but now without map haha  doh.gif

anyway for now spin as much stop as u can to stock up balls/pinap for community day and end of the day just evolve the high cp/iv larvitar u got.
dont bother if low or high iv as u will have a tons of candies to spare. high cp once evolved straight can be use without using any dust.
Noted & Yup, hoard also need to expand my inventory space..which also means I need to collect more coins from Gym laugh.gif

QUOTE(thirty6whoisit @ May 25 2018, 11:32 AM)
TBH, only machamp 100% worth powering up. However, you should focus on:
1. Doing more raids - tyranitar and machamp.
2. Target ex-raid gyms to get Mewtwo.
3. Grinding up XP - target to hit level 30 in 1 week; and quickly grind up to 35.
4. Grind up stardust - its never enough.
5. Stock up candy and candidates - look for nests / higher spawns during weather boost periods.
All have better options available now. No use wasting resources. Except your machamp - if atk 15 and iv high, can consider pumping. Else, my suggestion is similar to above.
Good luck to the both of you!!
Noted! I think I need another 100k to reach level 30 if not mistaken?

Thanks for all the sifu [EMAIL]sniper on the roof[/EMAIL] 1qaz1qaz thirty6whoisit for your wonderful suggestion! Appreciated it! thumbup.gif

44 Pages « < 42 43 44Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0558sec    4.58    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th May 2018 - 12:05 PM