Question about AIO radiators, Heat distribution doesn't seem right

views

TSRViN
post Dec 13 2017, 10:27 AM

There Is Only One United
5,779 posts

QUOTE(Hevlaska @ Dec 11 2017, 11:49 PM)
have you tried shaking the radiator?

No im serious laugh.gif see if it produces a kind of gargling sound. The last thing you can confirm before 100% sure its problem with the AIO, borrow a heatsink from soneone and see how it does or just revert to your stock HSF(just to be safe and eliminate possible issue from your CPU which is highly unlikely).
Ok so I tried shaking the radiator (after I disconnected everything of course) and I can hear the liquid sloshing inside it. Cant make out where exactly the sloshing is happening.

Is that good or bad?

Already resolved to RMA it though.
bananadrew
post Dec 13 2017, 04:42 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

better RMA it, temperature is quite high
TSRViN
post Dec 13 2017, 04:53 PM

There Is Only One United
5,779 posts

Yeah sent it in, got a call from the shop I purchased it from and the guy said the supplier told him he's got a few faulty units from that batch that were sent back due to issues.

So fingers crossed the replacement will work better.

Will report back when I receive it and update my findings.
Hevlaska
post Dec 13 2017, 05:40 PM

Casual
366 posts

just consider yourself unlucky bro, rarely happens but im sure at one point everyone goes through it. Bright side is, shop took responsibility well, lets hope it comes back soonest possible.
TSRViN
post Dec 14 2017, 09:56 PM

There Is Only One United
5,779 posts

Surprised that I received the replacement today, which was faster than I expected.

Just put it in and ran RealBench, and now my results look more like what goldfries reported earlier, 74C max @1.35v 3.8Ghz.

Still somewhat higher than his considering I'm also using thermal grizzly but its close enough to be within margin of error I guess. Far cry from 86C haha.

Feeling the radiator, now I can actually feel some warmth on the other side of the radiator, so its working more like I thought it would early on.

Edit: Oh yeah forgot to say, the temp drops a lot faster than it did before also once the stress test ends.

This post has been edited by RViN: Dec 14 2017, 09:57 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0129sec    0.30    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:28 AM