Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Enquiries/Recommendations Do You Guys Prefer Little/No Bezels on Laptop?

views

TSAphonite
post Dec 10 2017, 06:26 AM, updated 7y ago

Getting Started
233 posts

I've been using the ASUS Vivobook S for a while now and at first, I didn't really care about the NanoEdge display. I mean, it looked nice but practically speaking, didnt think much of it. Now that I'm used to it, I can't seem to enjoy regular laptops anymore as it kinda feels too ugly, lol. What about you guys? Do you guys prefer the little/no bezels or just couldn't give a fudge about it? Also, aside from appearance, is there any practical functions for it?
pspslim007
post Dec 10 2017, 06:44 AM

On my way
699 posts

Human tend to evolve and look for better things, thats how evolution works, the reason why you cant handle a regular laptops anymore is because some of them are outdated whether in terms of tech or style. So yeah, most of us tend to look for better quality in life, why move backwards when you can move forward.
jimmybcmy
post Dec 10 2017, 06:44 AM

Casual
395 posts

The bezelless screen is to reduce the overall size of the laptop, it won't affect the performance. So, no big deal.
13af
post Dec 10 2017, 12:24 PM

Getting Started
62 posts

reduced size, reduced weight, increased portability

so yea, nice for those who will be bringing laptop all the time
TSAphonite
post Dec 10 2017, 06:37 PM

Getting Started
233 posts

QUOTE(pspslim007 @ Dec 10 2017, 06:44 AM)
Human tend to evolve and look for better things, thats how evolution works, the reason why you cant handle a regular laptops anymore is because some of them are outdated whether in terms of tech or style. So yeah, most of us tend to look for better quality in life, why move backwards when you can move forward.
Well, that's true. I just thought myself to be more of a practical person so design stuff wouldn't bother me...unless it's just really ugly looking laugh.gif

QUOTE(jimmybcmy @ Dec 10 2017, 06:44 AM)
The bezelless screen is to reduce the overall size of the laptop, it won't affect the performance. So, no big deal.
QUOTE(13af @ Dec 10 2017, 12:24 PM)
reduced size, reduced weight, increased portability

so yea, nice for those who will be bringing laptop all the time
well, if you both put it this way, I can see the practical value of having the little to no bezels thing now. If a 17-inch could feel like carrying 15-inch laptop with this, Imma be really happy smile.gif Though I wonder if heat would be an issue because of the downsizing in bezels. Not that I have any sound argument about it but usually when things get smaller/thinner, this would be an issue rclxub.gif
crumpetss
post Dec 15 2017, 09:39 PM

dummie
523 posts

sure, it makes the laptop look more premium
xerox8908
post Dec 16 2017, 12:12 PM

Look at all my stars
2,724 posts

QUOTE(pspslim007 @ Dec 10 2017, 06:44 AM)
That's certainly not how's evolution work ....
pspslim007
post Dec 16 2017, 05:26 PM

On my way
699 posts

QUOTE(xerox8908 @ Dec 16 2017, 12:12 PM)
That's certainly not how's evolution work ....
well if you want to be more technical, i am writing about the evolution of technologies, and not the evolution of humans
Technological evolution : Technological evolution is an innovation- and technology-related theory that describes the radical transformation of society through technological development. This theory originated with Czech philosopher Radovan Richta.

There you go. If you have any other questions, feel free to tag me again. it must be topic related of course :3
xerox8908
post Dec 17 2017, 12:28 AM

Look at all my stars
2,724 posts

QUOTE(pspslim007 @ Dec 16 2017, 05:26 PM)
well if you want to be more technical, i am writing about the evolution of technologies, and not the evolution of humans
Technological evolution : Technological evolution is an innovation- and technology-related theory that describes the radical transformation of society through technological development. This theory originated with Czech philosopher Radovan Richta.

There you go. If you have any other questions, feel free to tag me again. it must be topic related of course :3
Feel free to read the full article . It doesn't mean that precisely also . Btw you talking about human evolution but it's all about marketing trend and technology evolution is more about efficiency than cosmetic also. I suggest you read the whole page before copying that from wikipedia . Don't put such thing like marketing with noble scientific term .

This post has been edited by xerox8908: Dec 17 2017, 12:32 AM
pspslim007
post Dec 17 2017, 01:48 AM

On my way
699 posts

QUOTE(xerox8908 @ Dec 17 2017, 12:28 AM)
Feel free to read the full article . It doesn't mean that precisely also . Btw you talking about human evolution but it's all about marketing trend and technology evolution is more about efficiency than cosmetic also. I suggest you read the whole page before copying that from wikipedia . Don't put such thing like marketing with noble scientific term .
I do read the whole article that i posted, did you ? i never did stated anything about human evolution. So please correct me on which part that you do not understand within the article that i copy paste. I might be able to help you out in terms of understanding. :3
xerox8908
post Dec 17 2017, 01:54 AM

Look at all my stars
2,724 posts

QUOTE(pspslim007 @ Dec 17 2017, 01:48 AM)
I do read the whole article that i posted, did you ? i never did stated anything about human evolution. So please correct me on which part that you do not understand within the article that i copy paste. I might be able to help you out in terms of understanding. :3
You certainly never read the whole article . If not you wouldn't write like this . The discussion Is pointless until you do so .
pspslim007
post Dec 17 2017, 09:43 AM

On my way
699 posts

QUOTE(xerox8908 @ Dec 17 2017, 01:54 AM)
You certainly never read the whole article . If not you wouldn't write like this . The discussion Is pointless until you do so .
i am not here to start an argument, but it seems that maybe your understanding is far superior that maybe i had missed out what did you read regarding on the article. So maybe given that you have time to reply me, why not point out the section that i had missed out and correct me if i am wrong. doh.gif
xerox8908
post Dec 17 2017, 12:15 PM

Look at all my stars
2,724 posts

QUOTE(pspslim007 @ Dec 17 2017, 09:43 AM)
i am not here to start an argument, but it seems that maybe your understanding is far superior that maybe i had missed out what did you read regarding on the article. So maybe given that you have time to reply me, why not point out the section that i had missed out and correct me if i am wrong. doh.gif
First of all no one start any argument . It's just discussion . It's just pointless to discuss if you don't even read .
pspslim007
post Dec 17 2017, 12:58 PM

On my way
699 posts

QUOTE(xerox8908 @ Dec 17 2017, 12:15 PM)
First of all no one start any argument . It's just discussion . It's just pointless to discuss if you don't even read .
It won't be any point to discuss if your only point is of you didn't read.
xerox8908
post Dec 17 2017, 07:48 PM

Look at all my stars
2,724 posts

QUOTE(pspslim007 @ Dec 17 2017, 12:58 PM)
It won't be any point to discuss if your only point is of you didn't read.
Agree . It's pointless when you just copy a random webpage and revoke every word you ve said .
pspslim007
post Dec 18 2017, 04:35 AM

On my way
699 posts

QUOTE(xerox8908 @ Dec 17 2017, 07:48 PM)
Agree . It's pointless when you just copy a random webpage and revoke every word you ve said .
" I suggest you read the whole page before copying that from wikipedia . Don't put such thing like marketing with noble scientific term ."

TSAphonite
post Dec 19 2017, 01:41 AM

Getting Started
233 posts

I have zero clue what's happening sweat.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0159sec    0.40    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:13 PM