Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Windows 7: Not automatically connect to Internet

views

TSnadeng1987
post Dec 8 2017, 08:21 PM, updated 7y ago

Casual
433 posts

My PC does not connect to internet automatically when it is first booted into windows.

The loading circle thing pops out on top of Internet Symbol for a good one or two minutes and only then the internet will get connected. It's kinda annoying.

This happen when I disabled my broken Wifi Card and using onboard LAN jack.

Not really an emergency, but I'd like to fix it. Any ideas what could cause the problem?
dcheah
post Nov 29 2018, 08:52 PM

OldSkool
1,233 posts

QUOTE(nadeng1987 @ Dec 8 2017, 08:21 PM)
My PC does not connect to internet automatically when it is first booted into windows.

The loading circle thing pops out on top of Internet Symbol for a good one or two minutes and only then the internet will get connected. It's kinda annoying.

Not really an emergency, but I'd like to fix it. Any ideas what could cause the problem?
I assume you are running on Windows 10, the slow loading of the LAN could means a few things :-

1) Check the LAN cable, is it all the 4-pairs correct ?

2) Check the LAN cable is in correct pairing, ensure its a "Straight" cable & not "Crossover" cable. (http://www.bb-elec.com/Learning-Center/All-White-Papers/Ethernet/Ethernet-Cables-RJ45-Colors-Crossover.aspx)

3) Check the RJ45 plugs, is it loose or tight when connected to the network port. You might want to replace the LAN cable just to be sure.

4) Check the router DHCP is providing sufficient IP Address & the leasing period is not configured for too long. Also is there any other settings in the router like MAC address filtering, QoS etc. These settings will also affects the way the router responds to computer.

5) Next to check is at your computer settings, the IP address is configured to automatic. Also you might want to try pre-configured the IP address to static instead for testing.

6) When you said that you have disabled the wifi adapter, I assumed that you disabled it inside the device manager rite ? If not, try disabled it from the device manager instead. Doing so will tell Windows 10 to skip checking for other network devices.

7) Another way to check is start Windows 10 in "Safe Mode with Network", start pressing the [F8] key before the Windows Splash screen and it will invoke the "Safe Mode" menu, select from there. If the network able to connect to the internet immediately then it might be other software/applications that are loaded before the network drivers that causes your network connecting to internet slowly. Try disabled all applications from loading, only drivers are required to be loaded during Windows start.

Hope this helps.

Satori 14118a
post Aug 7 2019, 06:26 PM

Enthusiast
938 posts

QUOTE(nadeng1987 @ Dec 8 2017, 08:21 PM)

Remove/take out the faulty WiFi card. At windows level probably some drivers trying to load, thus the delay.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0104sec    0.24    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:21 AM