Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Hardware Laptop M.2 SATA SSD health issue, Health drop from 100% to 65% in 2 month

views

TSlimtenggen
post Dec 8 2017, 05:59 PM, updated 7y ago

Getting Started
142 posts

Currently using Dell 7567 Laptop , OEM M.2 SSD produced by SK Hynix

1) i know that high temp can reduce SSD life span (but i am unsure what is considered high temp for SSD)

2)Total read and Total Write in 2 month both are around 1 TB + Power on time around 500 hr

3) i saw other ppl SSD health (other brand but not cap ayam ) only dropped only 1% in a month of usage that makes me even more worrying

4)Should i believe SK Hynix Drive manager or Crystal disk mark ?

4)because up-time is quite important to me , i plan to buy a M.2 SSD as a backup if this dies or any sifu got better recommendation

*currently a Uni student and i need to do assignment lol (3 days cannot use laptop and i think i am dead for sure )

*buying a new rig will do the trick but the cost sweat.gif

*although i will plug the new SSD and use it temporary but i when i have spare time i will change it back and send the whole laptop back to RMA

*thinking a effective way to cool the SSD if temp is really the source of this problem

This post has been edited by limtenggen: Dec 8 2017, 06:19 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
pandera999
post Dec 9 2017, 10:40 AM

모든 것​에는 정해진 때​가 있으니
6,195 posts

high temp... that even you can feel the heat... until pc auto shutdown for protection.

regarding life remaining 65%.... i dont get it... could be influence by the factor of bad heat flow inside. cz ur OS i believe on the ssd... and consistently being use.. that 49 is normal... good..

any differences with air conditioning room and room temperature area...?
TSlimtenggen
post Dec 9 2017, 11:17 AM

Getting Started
142 posts

QUOTE(pandera999 @ Dec 9 2017, 10:40 AM)
high temp... that even you can feel the heat... until pc auto shutdown for protection.

regarding life remaining 65%.... i dont get it... could be influence by the factor of bad heat flow inside. cz ur OS i believe on the ssd... and consistently being use.. that 49 is normal... good..

any differences with air conditioning room and room temperature area...?
i rarely bring my laptop to a air conditioning room so i don't really know
*my laptop never auto shut downs protection

is that even normal ? even constantly being used the health is like dropping way too fast

is there any way to prevent bad air flow ? (blow it with a fan i guess ? )

This post has been edited by limtenggen: Dec 9 2017, 11:22 AM
pandera999
post Dec 9 2017, 12:23 PM

모든 것​에는 정해진 때​가 있으니
6,195 posts

QUOTE(limtenggen @ Dec 9 2017, 11:17 AM)
i rarely bring my laptop to a air conditioning room so i don't really know
*my laptop never auto shut downs protection

is that even normal ? even constantly being used the health is like dropping way too fast

is there any way to prevent bad air flow ? (blow it with a fan i guess ? )
you room dusty? are you smoking?

im not sure how is the environment is, but what thing im sure, the office space if with aircond.... and given dat health status... it is not normal.. is there something between your laptop and the table? that block the air flow vent? or you may need a space that between so that proper air flow..temparature below 70 is consider normal, but once it over 75... that is consider high... above 110, overheat and it will shutdown to protect the main board.. else, burn smell.. and shorten the main board lifespan.

but if you are using HQ processor, MQ, other than ULV... below 100 is normal... even its really hot.. laugh.gif but well not an issue.. when on gaming of course.. if idle and its runs very high, somethings is not right
TSlimtenggen
post Dec 9 2017, 09:05 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

QUOTE(pandera999 @ Dec 9 2017, 12:23 PM)
you room dusty? are you smoking?

im not sure how is the environment is, but what thing im sure, the office space if with aircond.... and given dat health status... it is not normal..  is there something between your laptop and the table? that block the air flow vent? or you may need a space that between so that proper air flow..temparature below 70 is consider normal, but once it over 75... that is consider high... above 110, overheat and it will shutdown to protect the main board.. else, burn smell.. and shorten the main board lifespan.

but if you are using HQ processor, MQ, other than ULV... below 100 is normal... even its really hot.. laugh.gif but well not an issue..  when on gaming of course.. if idle and its runs very high, somethings is not right
fyi i am using HQ processor (i tot all dell 7567 have HQ processor ?) , room its not dusty , i do not smoke (hostel .......)

even gaming or synthetic stress tests CPU and GPU temp never go over 75c

i do use a broken notebook cooler to levitate the laptop from my table

i heard ppl said that if your ssd that does not have Dram tent to wear out faster (i tent to have higher usage in random read and random write )

i wonder if my ssd does not have a dram build in hmm.gif

**btw i checked today and it droped to 63% health

This post has been edited by limtenggen: Dec 9 2017, 09:07 PM
pandera999
post Dec 10 2017, 11:14 PM

모든 것​에는 정해진 때​가 있으니
6,195 posts

QUOTE(limtenggen @ Dec 9 2017, 09:05 PM)
fyi i am using HQ processor (i tot all dell 7567 have HQ processor ?)  , room its not dusty , i do not smoke (hostel .......)

even gaming or synthetic stress tests CPU and GPU temp never go over 75c

i do use a broken notebook cooler to levitate the laptop from my table

i heard ppl said that if your ssd that does not have Dram tent to wear out faster (i tent to have higher usage in random read and random write )

i wonder if my ssd does not have a dram build in  hmm.gif
**btw i checked today and it droped to 63% health
the red color i highlight.. im not really sure on this.... but...i prefer for you to google about this...
TSlimtenggen
post Dec 11 2017, 10:36 AM

Getting Started
142 posts

QUOTE(pandera999 @ Dec 10 2017, 11:14 PM)
the red color i highlight.. im not really sure on this....  but...i prefer for you to google about this...
Ok fine
myway1985
post Dec 11 2017, 10:41 AM

10k Club
All Stars
11,471 posts

call 1800880432 for onsite ....
TSlimtenggen
post Dec 13 2017, 05:55 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

QUOTE(myway1985 @ Dec 11 2017, 10:41 AM)
call 1800880432 for onsite ....
haha i think they would say wait for onsite technician / run diagnosis

even they want to replace for me i would need to wait 2~5 day i highly doubt they will change for me onsite cause it still working fine lol

This post has been edited by limtenggen: Dec 13 2017, 05:55 PM
myway1985
post Dec 13 2017, 08:33 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,471 posts

QUOTE(limtenggen @ Dec 13 2017, 05:55 PM)
haha i think they would say wait for onsite technician / run diagnosis 

even they want to replace for me i would need to wait 2~5 day i highly doubt they will change for me onsite cause it still working fine lol
dun be noob. restart f12.. run the diagnosis first.. keke.. btw if ssd fail it won't even start.. bad sector means gg for ssd..

Google some pic of ssd failure.. then send to dell technician.. I just replace 2 unit inspiron 7567 n 7460 ssd.. both 120gb.. Monday lodge report.. today get

the call centre will bully u if u sound noob.. so do some homework b4 u call..
TSlimtenggen
post Dec 13 2017, 11:01 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

QUOTE(myway1985 @ Dec 13 2017, 08:33 PM)
dun be noob.  restart f12.. run the diagnosis first..  keke.. btw if ssd fail it won't even start.. bad sector means gg for ssd..

Google some pic of ssd failure.. then send to dell technician.. I just replace 2 unit inspiron 7567 n 7460 ssd.. both 120gb.. Monday lodge report.. today get

the call centre will bully u if u sound noob.. so do some homework b4 u call..
wow nice advise biggrin.gif

thx

shirogawawa
post Dec 13 2017, 11:39 PM

Laptop enthusiast
2,383 posts

QUOTE(limtenggen @ Dec 13 2017, 11:01 PM)
wow nice advise  biggrin.gif

thx
foul play blink.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0128sec    0.37    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:52 PM