Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

advice needed

views

TSsuj87
post Dec 8 2017, 09:55 AM, updated 7y ago

9 posts

So there's this girl. We used to work together. She was my junior at the time. Had a crush on her but didn't pursue it cause felt it was inappropriate at the time. After that she went to work at another place out of state and I also started working at another place nearby. Fast forward 4 years, I see on FB that she's back at a new job near my place. Contacted her on FB, got to talking and then asked her out. She asked why suddenly and I told her I've had this crush on her for a long time. She agreed for a date but we never set any date or time. She was friendly and nice. Subsequently we started messaging on whatsapp. The thing is, on whatsapp, she doesn't seem very interested to talk. And also nvr initiates the conversation. I've been trying to set a date with her but nvr seems too happen. I guess i understand whats happening. She's probably just not interested. What do you guys think?
bryant601
post Dec 8 2017, 09:59 AM

grrrrrrrrr
1,052 posts

have you tried calling her up and talk to her? some girl they might not like to text. just set a date with her and date her out! never try never know
timesquare.net
post Dec 8 2017, 10:05 AM

Getting Started
57 posts

just set a date..

see wat gonna happen

if no reply , or watever is negative to u

say bye bye to her
kiasu6
post Dec 8 2017, 10:05 AM

Getting Started
162 posts

QUOTE(suj87 @ Dec 8 2017, 09:55 AM)
So there's this girl. We used to work together. She was my junior at the time. Had a crush on her but didn't pursue it cause felt it was inappropriate at the time. After that she went to work at another place out of state and I also started working at another place nearby. Fast forward 4 years, I see on FB that she's back at a new job near my place. Contacted her on FB, got to talking and then asked her out. She asked why suddenly and I told her I've had this crush on her for a long time. She agreed for a date but we never set any date or time. She was friendly and nice. Subsequently we started messaging on whatsapp. The thing is, on whatsapp, she doesn't seem very interested to talk. And also nvr initiates the conversation. I've been trying to set a date with her but nvr seems too happen. I guess i understand whats happening. She's probably just not interested. What do you guys think?
Hi TS,
maybe she isn't that interested? try again, maybe just call it casual outing instead of a date, getting to know each other face to face better first.

if she really is not interested then TS have to move on..
TSsuj87
post Dec 8 2017, 10:27 AM

9 posts

So you guys think I should try going out with her first at least once before deciding to pursue or end it?
kiasu6
post Dec 8 2017, 10:57 AM

Getting Started
162 posts

QUOTE(suj87 @ Dec 8 2017, 10:27 AM)
So you guys think I should try going out with her first at least once before deciding to pursue or end it?
go out and be casual outing friends first...

This post has been edited by kiasu6: Dec 8 2017, 10:57 AM
Blofeld
post Dec 8 2017, 11:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

it cause felt it was inappropriate at the time

That itself says she's not interested since last time...

Girls will say things like, "not the right time", "you're too good", "it goes too fast" etc.

It means she's not interested lor...

Lyu
post Dec 8 2017, 12:40 PM

Enthusiast
772 posts

Set a date first for reunion
See she got interest or not
Pete the great
post Dec 8 2017, 02:10 PM

On my way
519 posts

wow your story sounds just like my friend's.

he had a crush with this girl working in an audit firm. She was at the time dating the boss's nephew. After she quit and went to work for WWF, my friend did not keep in touch with her. Many years later, she broke up with her boyfriend and met this pastor of a church, married her. My friend told me, Aiyah wasted lah, because he did not make his move.

anyways, 4 years anything could have happened.

who knows? she may already been dating another guy. So just entertaining you.

the rule of law is this, if you tried asking her for 3 times, and each time she reject, then forget it.

after that just tell her, you are moving on.
ProSambalEater
post Dec 8 2017, 03:45 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

my 2c is to just ask her out for a cup of coffee or light dessert. if it doesnt go well then move on...
TSsuj87
post Dec 8 2017, 03:59 PM

9 posts

QUOTE(Blofeld @ Dec 8 2017, 11:36 AM)
it cause felt it was inappropriate at the time

That itself says she's not interested since last time...

Girls will say things like, "not the right time", "you're too good", "it goes too fast" etc.

It means she's not interested lor...
This is not what she said. It was what I felt at the time bro
TSsuj87
post Dec 8 2017, 04:00 PM

9 posts

QUOTE(IFAil @ Dec 8 2017, 02:01 PM)
i think you should buy flower first, probably you'll meet her parents on third date.
This is my assumption lah, wish u good luck
????
TSsuj87
post Dec 8 2017, 04:00 PM

9 posts

QUOTE(ProSambalEater @ Dec 8 2017, 03:45 PM)
my 2c is to just ask her out for a cup of coffee or light dessert. if it doesnt go well then move on...
That was what I was thinking also. Thanks bro
umadbro??
post Dec 8 2017, 04:42 PM

Getting Started
93 posts

i think u shud go out with her once.. if u managed to.., then u see it how it goes from there. or like other says, after 3 attempts to ask her out and she declined each time, then u move on.

i can share my story with you.. my current gf used to be my junior.. she boss-zoned me but i managed to win her heart..u gotta be confident first, and see whether got chemistry or not.
SheepGeeks
post Dec 8 2017, 04:52 PM

On my way
628 posts

She asked why suddenly and I told her I've had this crush on her for a long time.
^
Bad moves, going to be ignored by her..

You can only change the tides now by proving your love with more efforts and time.. Show your care, like ask her "how are you today", "what do you eat" everyday.
jovigrunge
post Dec 8 2017, 10:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,607 posts

You need to step up your effort or you are going to lose her later. Take her for a good dinner and you can have some nice chat there. After that bring her to somewhere quiet like the park. You will know whether she's interested with you or not from there. Tell me the result and we'll continue from there. smile.gif
Blofeld
post Dec 9 2017, 01:43 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

QUOTE(suj87 @ Dec 8 2017, 03:59 PM)
This is not what she said. It was what I felt at the time bro
ahh i see

but from the whatsapp conversation, i can already see she's not interested.

for me, I wouldn't waste my time on someone like this. If a girl is interested, she'd be happy to initiate the conversation. I have seen such things before.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0147sec    0.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:06 AM