Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Work overseas?

astron52
post Dec 7 2017, 05:49 PM, updated 3d ago

Group: Newbie

Hi,

Since I'm having financial issues. Would it be better if I do foundation + degree in Malaysia first and then do Master overseas? Is that okay? Because my dream is to experience how it feels like studying overseas. And after I graduate, can I find a job there too? Need opinions, thanks!
Mr.Ayam
post Dec 7 2017, 05:56 PM

Try Aussie
seventwo
post Dec 7 2017, 06:21 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

Have you considered twinning program?
wongsinyee
post Dec 7 2017, 06:58 PM

Getting Started

study degree locally and do masters in Australia. that would be the best choice
Buyalotforgaming
post Dec 7 2017, 07:59 PM

Casual

QUOTE(astron52 @ Dec 7 2017, 05:49 PM)
Hi,

Since I'm having financial issues. Would it be better if I do foundation + degree in Malaysia first and then do Master overseas? Is that okay? Because my dream is to experience how it feels like studying overseas. And after I graduate, can I find a job there too? Need opinions, thanks!
TS have you can consider twinning programmes as well. Or even credit transfer (you need to be thorough on this to ensure you can do so).

If you are sure you want to pursue a masters, of course you should do this overseas instead.

With any of the options you choose, you can definitely work overseas. Once again though, you need to check the requirements of the countries. Popular ones for Malaysians like the UK and Australia are becoming increasingly difficult to obtain long term, non-contractual jobs.
jordin.spark
post Dec 7 2017, 11:05 PM

Getting Started

what course you want to take?
astron52
post Dec 7 2017, 11:24 PM

QUOTE(Buyalotforgaming @ Dec 7 2017, 07:59 PM)
TS have you can consider twinning programmes as well. Or even credit transfer (you need to be thorough on this to ensure you can do so).

If you are sure you want to pursue a masters, of course you should do this overseas instead.

With any of the options you choose, you can definitely work overseas. Once again though, you need to check the requirements of the countries. Popular ones for Malaysians like the UK and Australia are becoming increasingly difficult to obtain long term, non-contractual jobs.
Yes I considered INTI's AUP. I may afford it. But the fees and expenses to go to the States, its unbelievable, RM110k+ per year. I also knew that UK only gives you 4 months after graduation to find job there, or else you go back Malaysia.

This post has been edited by astron52: Dec 7 2017, 11:28 PM
astron52
post Dec 7 2017, 11:25 PM

QUOTE(jordin.spark @ Dec 7 2017, 11:05 PM)
what course you want to take?
Computer science. And I'm more to the game development area.

This post has been edited by astron52: Dec 7 2017, 11:26 PM
astron52
post Dec 7 2017, 11:27 PM

QUOTE(wongsinyee @ Dec 7 2017, 06:58 PM)
study degree locally and do masters in Australia. that would be the best choice
why Aussie? Honestly I didnt like Aussie it feels like second Malaysia to me. Too many Malaysians.
wongsinyee
post Dec 8 2017, 12:29 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(astron52 @ Dec 7 2017, 11:27 PM)
why Aussie? Honestly I didnt like Aussie it feels like second Malaysia to me. Too many Malaysians.
It's a white country. Not far from Malaysia. Not too difficult to stay after graduation to find work.

I have some friends who did that. Success rate seems higher than those who went to UK
sacwoc
post Dec 8 2017, 12:12 PM

Getting Started

Try Japan for your masters. Quite a number of universities do give discount on your tuition fees. And if you do look, some course are in English too.
astron52
post Dec 9 2017, 06:08 AM

QUOTE(sacwoc @ Dec 8 2017, 12:12 PM)
Try Japan for your masters. Quite a number of universities do give discount on your tuition fees. And if you do look, some course are in English too.
Honestly, I'm scared to go to Japan. Earthquake, tsunami, bombing... you named it.
kidmad
post Dec 9 2017, 06:26 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

Hi,

if you have financial issue then stop dreaming going overseas. Do it locally get out gain experience, make the money needed for a MASTER overseas.

it annoys me so much that kiddo who burdens their parent. If you can't even think straight there is no education could help you.
AnimeSinceForever
post Yesterday, 11:09 AM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

Better make sure your foundation + degree is actually done properly.

Master's overseas will test your education in foundation + degree.

Don't forget overseas your competition is the locals who did crappy foundation + degree too - True around the world.

People want shortcuts, because business won't do things properly as they must do things fast.

Hi,

LG Human Resource
post Yesterday, 01:25 PM

you got a very good opportunity

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0679sec    3.81    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 03:48 PM