Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

FB 999GB showstopper

views

TSzaqplm
post Dec 7 2017, 01:49 PM, updated 7y ago

12 posts

Previously I'm paying RM3 per day for 1GB and I can use Facebook via hotspot tethering. Now I'm NOT able to do so. Can you tell me what alternative if I wanna continue paying RM3 per day to use Facebook on my laptop? I don't really need 999 GB for Facebook. 1GB per day is more than enough. I don't want to pay for weekly/monthly pass. I love to pay RM90 per month for 30GB of data (Yes!).

Obviously, your network team, the manager and the senior manager have no clue on how people use Facebook on tethering. When you block FB on tethering, we can't even sign-in to other websites that uses "Sign-in with Facebook".

This is a complete showstopper, because we're using websites (ie. Instagram, Vimeo, Spotify etc.) that require to Sign-in with Facebook. We are unable to Sign-in now because FB is blocked on tethering. OAuth to FB is blocked.

Please get your network team to PM me.

This post has been edited by zaqplm: Dec 7 2017, 05:16 PM
kucingmainan
post Dec 7 2017, 02:16 PM

Getting Started
289 posts

i subscribe the rm70 monthly pass that clearly said no free 999999999 fb also cant open fb and instagram via hotspot. fark la maxis.
MakNok
post Dec 7 2017, 03:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,673 posts

QUOTE(zaqplm @ Dec 7 2017, 01:49 PM)
Previously I'm paying RM3 per day for 1GB and I can use Facebook via hotspot tethering. Now I'm NOT able to do so. Can you tell me what alternative if I wanna continue paying RM3 per day to use Facebook on my laptop? I don't really need 999 GB for Facebook. 1GB per day is more than enough. I don't want to pay for weekly/monthly pass. I love to pay RM90 per month for 30GB of data (Yes!).

Obviously, your network team, the manager and the senior manager have no clue on how people use Facebook on tethering. When you block FB on tethering, we can't even sign-in to other websites that uses "Sign-in with Facebook".

This is a complete showstopper, because we're using websites (ie. Instagram, Vimeo, Spotify etc.) that require to Sign-in with Facebook. We are unable to Sign-in now because FB is blocked on tethering.

QUOTE(kucingmainan @ Dec 7 2017, 02:16 PM)
i subscribe the rm70 monthly pass that clearly said no free 999999999 fb also cant open fb and instagram via hotspot. fark la maxis.
i believe Hotlink is playing dirty by stating it is for Mobile usage only
biggrin.gif
TSzaqplm
post Dec 7 2017, 05:07 PM

12 posts

Hi Hotlink support,

Can you escalate this message to your Network team manager. Currently this is a complete showstopper for our operations. We CANNOT use Facebook Sign-in to non-Facebook sites anymore:

This is a complete showstopper, because we're using websites (ie. Instagram, Vimeo, Spotify etc.) that require to Sign-in with Facebook. We are unable to Sign-in now because FB is blocked on tethering. OAuth to FB is blocked.

This post has been edited by zaqplm: Dec 7 2017, 05:15 PM
kucingmainan
post Dec 7 2017, 05:17 PM

Getting Started
289 posts

QUOTE(zaqplm @ Dec 7 2017, 05:07 PM)
Hi Hotlink support,

Can you escalate this message to your Network team manager. Currently this is a complete showstopper for our operations. We CANNOT use Facebook Sign-in to non-Facebook sites anymore:

try vpn or tor browser. a bit slow on tor though.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0114sec    0.49    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:18 PM