new or used car?, fresh grad 2.5k salary

views

prasys
post Dec 10 2017, 04:14 PM

Heros Never Die
Group Icon
VIP
12,925 posts

Depends - personally I would pick up a Myvi 1.3 (the entry level model with automatic) , at least it has 4 airbags , traction control and few others !

If I want to save even further I would pick up Axia G spec Automatic , it has ABS but no traction control.

alphaz
post Dec 10 2017, 04:29 PM

Casual
406 posts

New Persona le
-Aktan-
post Dec 10 2017, 05:23 PM

2.6b dah masuk bro
873 posts

Used myvi 3-4 year version.. it's good enough.. else new myvi 1.3 also ok... Ur choice bro..

If u are really well disciplined person, unlike me.. axia or bezza X also ok...

I spent a lot more for a proton. Lol
TSATSM
post Dec 11 2017, 02:43 AM

12 posts

QUOTE(prasys @ Dec 10 2017, 04:14 PM)
Depends - personally I would pick up a Myvi 1.3 (the entry level model with automatic) , at least it has 4 airbags , traction control and few others !

If I want to save even further I would pick up Axia G spec Automatic , it has ABS but no traction control.
ya currently in dilemma between used myvi and axia g spec sad.gif

QUOTE(alphaz @ Dec 10 2017, 04:29 PM)
New Persona le
new person will be out of my budget,sorry

QUOTE(-Aktan- @ Dec 10 2017, 05:23 PM)
Used myvi 3-4 year version.. it's good enough.. else new myvi 1.3 also ok... Ur choice bro.. 

If u are really well disciplined person, unlike me.. axia or bezza X also ok...

I spent a lot more for a proton. Lol
haha,do you know anything in buying second hand?like the loan,if buy from private owner,then i have to go to the bank to apply right?is it apply car loan?if new car then i have sales agent who can assist in finding loans,but currently headche on second hand loan,and also checking used car condition
-Aktan-
post Dec 11 2017, 07:50 AM

2.6b dah masuk bro
873 posts

QUOTE(ATSM @ Dec 11 2017, 02:43 AM)
ya currently in dilemma between used myvi and axia g spec sad.gif
new person will be out of my budget,sorry
haha,do you know anything in buying second hand?like the loan,if buy from private owner,then i have to go to the bank to apply right?is it apply car loan?if new car then i have sales agent who can assist in finding loans,but currently headche on second hand loan,and also checking used car condition
For second hand car loan, u make sure the car condition is really what u want. Confirmed, then u may have to ask runner from bank to help you,

bank will require an invoice from 2nd hand dealer, (in order to apply loan. ) They are not doing private sell private transaction anymore.

2nd hand dealer will ask for a fee from you to issue the invoice.

This is just a personal experience from asking arnd. May not applicable for u.

Edit where is your location? Feel free to go any hire Purchase/auto financing center of a bank to ask further. Not all branches have that department.

This post has been edited by -Aktan-: Dec 11 2017, 07:52 AM
unitron
post Dec 11 2017, 10:15 AM

W1(R)3d
2,719 posts

QUOTE(-Aktan- @ Dec 11 2017, 07:50 AM)
They are not doing private sell private transaction anymore.

Wah... cry.gif really arr...

I got a car to sell
cheefai7
post Dec 11 2017, 10:55 AM

making coffee constantly
609 posts

Ask company to provide company car, forgo the the allowance, just take petrol allowance. Else work out for for public commute, claim base on receipt.

If doesn't work out, change job.
bumfart
post Dec 11 2017, 11:44 AM

Getting Started
256 posts

makes me sad to see this situation. malaysians get sh*t salary, but house and car are so expensive.
thanks
thanks alot

please vote wisely
MeToo
post Dec 11 2017, 11:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

QUOTE(amscouzach57 @ Dec 7 2017, 07:17 PM)
To know the car that you can afford (purchase, running cost & maintenance cost):

Your monthly salary after deductions x 12 = the maximum price of the car you can afford. Don't follow the bank's calculations.

Live below your means, & you can live a comfortable & prosperous life.
Meaning nett salary?

Your calculation seems off... cause it says I should be driving Mercedes.... and I'm not sad.gif
MeToo
post Dec 11 2017, 12:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

QUOTE(-Aktan- @ Dec 11 2017, 07:50 AM)
For second hand car loan, u make sure the car condition is really what u want. Confirmed, then u may have to ask runner from bank to help you,

bank will require an invoice from 2nd hand dealer, (in order to apply loan. ) They are not doing private sell private transaction anymore.

2nd hand dealer will ask for a fee from you to issue the invoice.

This is just a personal experience from asking arnd. May not applicable for u.

Edit where is your location? Feel free to go any hire Purchase/auto financing center of a bank to ask further. Not all branches have that department.
Yes they are.

I just sold my mom's 2 yr old Honda City to private buyer.
-Aktan-
post Dec 11 2017, 12:17 PM

2.6b dah masuk bro
873 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Dec 11 2017, 12:00 PM)
Yes they are.

I just sold my mom's 2 yr old Honda City to private buyer.
Wah 2 y.o city.. should have approached u to buy.

Maybe different banks different policies.
PBB & HLB asked me to find a 2nd hand dealer to "facilitate" the transaction. They need to make sure there is a genuine transaction occurred.

Eg. I sell to private buyer directly, but to go through 2nd hand dealer, (dealer no profit, only earn some fees)

This post has been edited by -Aktan-: Dec 11 2017, 12:20 PM
MeToo
post Dec 11 2017, 12:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

QUOTE(-Aktan- @ Dec 11 2017, 12:17 PM)
Wah 2 y.o city.. should have approached u to buy.
Maybe different banks different policies.
PBB & HLB asked me to find a 2nd hand dealer to "facilitate" the transaction. They need to make sure there is a genuine transaction occurred.

Eg. I sell to private buyer directly, but to go through 2nd hand dealer, (dealer no profit, only earn some fees)
AH maybe they more protective these days.

But we paid off the car, heard it was easier that way. WHich is strange... i thought still got loan then bank deal with bank would be easier.
aaron1717
post Dec 11 2017, 12:39 PM

Chui Shui in Property Manyak Best!
All Stars
10,169 posts

just get basic spec saga will do... the boot will help u on your travels... and if you doesnt really need to speed on the highway... when last time my work required me to travel damn alot... thats the car that serve me well til now...
although i changed my car after 5 years... my saga still with me... working well for my bro.... 7 years already... seldom required any big cash outflow on maintenance...
amscouzach57
post Dec 11 2017, 06:45 PM

Casual
420 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Dec 11 2017, 11:56 AM)
Meaning nett salary?

Your calculation seems off... cause it says I should be driving Mercedes.... and I'm not sad.gif
I forgot to add. This calculation is only valid for brand new cars. Not for used cars.

Well, in my perspective it looks like you are living below your means. Which is a good thing.

Similar to me, if it was up to the bank, I'm eligible for something more than what the suggested calculation informed.

For example, according to some banks, the minimum monthly salary you need to earn to buy a rm160k car is rm6k. Which roughly translates to rm1.8k monthly for a 9 year loan (crazy, right?).

Nevertheless, I do not recommend to take a 9 year loan for a car. If you have to take a 9 year loan for a car, it means that you cannot afford the car (this is another controversial story by itself).
MeToo
post Dec 11 2017, 09:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

QUOTE(amscouzach57 @ Dec 11 2017, 06:45 PM)
I forgot to add. This calculation is only valid for brand new cars. Not for used cars.

Well, in my perspective it looks like you are living below your means. Which is a good thing.

Similar to me, if it was up to the bank, I'm eligible for something more than what the suggested calculation informed.

For example, according to some banks, the minimum monthly salary you need to earn to buy a rm160k car is rm6k. Which roughly translates to rm1.8k monthly for a 9 year loan (crazy, right?).

Nevertheless, I do not recommend to take a 9 year loan for a car. If you have to take a 9 year loan for a car, it means that you cannot afford the car (this is another controversial story by itself).
Um.... I avoid 9 yr loan not cause I'm rich... Just cause I hate paying the interest tongue.gif

Last new was car 3 yr loan... Paid off in 2 yr.

ftan
post Dec 12 2017, 06:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,473 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Dec 11 2017, 09:23 PM)
Um.... I avoid 9 yr loan not cause I'm rich... Just cause I hate paying the interest tongue.gif

Any penalty if pay off earlier? How about the remaining one year interest?
amscouzach57
post Dec 12 2017, 09:20 AM

Casual
420 posts

QUOTE(ftan @ Dec 12 2017, 06:22 AM)
Usually there is no penalty, in fact you're supposed to get some money back.
amscouzach57
post Dec 12 2017, 09:21 AM

Casual
420 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Dec 11 2017, 09:23 PM)

Nice one
MeToo
post Dec 12 2017, 10:17 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

QUOTE(ftan @ Dec 12 2017, 06:22 AM)
You get a discount instead... albeit its not equivalent to the outstanding interest but something is better then nothing...
ftan
post Dec 12 2017, 01:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,473 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Dec 12 2017, 10:17 AM)
You get a discount instead... albeit its not equivalent to the outstanding interest but something is better then nothing...
Thanks.

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0238sec    0.53    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:52 PM