Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Which Uni best for mass comm?

views

TSMasBoleh!
post Dec 6 2017, 04:50 PM, updated 7y ago

Look at all my stars!!
3,184 posts

Which University in Malaysia currently best for Mass Communication course? Thank you
TSMasBoleh!
post Dec 8 2017, 01:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,184 posts

No suggestion?
zeng
post Dec 8 2017, 05:14 PM

Regular
1,760 posts

I met a Utar mass com graduate saying she started working full time within one month after completing last exam paper .
TSMasBoleh!
post Dec 9 2017, 02:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,184 posts

QUOTE(zeng @ Dec 8 2017, 05:14 PM)
I met a Utar mass com graduate saying she started working full time within one month after completing last exam paper .
Oh I see. Will take that into consideration.
joe_toye
post Dec 12 2017, 10:23 AM

Regular
1,249 posts

QUOTE(MasBoleh! @ Dec 6 2017, 04:50 PM)
Which University in Malaysia currently best for Mass Communication course? Thank you
I answered something similar some weeks back i think. The answer would depend on which area of communications are you looking for:

Generally, the top 5 private education institutions for communications are (in no order of ranking)

1. Taylors University
2. INTI
3. Monash
4. KDU
5. Sunway

IACT used to be good but no longer. I heard all their good lecturers left.
TSMasBoleh!
post Dec 12 2017, 10:31 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,184 posts

QUOTE(joe_toye @ Dec 12 2017, 10:23 AM)
I answered something similar some weeks back i think. The answer would depend on which area of communications are you looking for:

Generally, the top 5 private education institutions for communications are (in no order of ranking)

1. Taylors University
2. INTI
3. Monash
4. KDU
5. Sunway

IACT used to be good but no longer. I heard all their good lecturers left.
Mind telling me which field you are in? Are you sort of in education field?

By the way, pardon my ignorance, mind sharing how many areas of communications are there in Mass Comm?

Thank you
joe_toye
post Dec 12 2017, 11:25 AM

Regular
1,249 posts

QUOTE(MasBoleh! @ Dec 12 2017, 10:31 AM)
Mind telling me which field you are in? Are you sort of in education field?

By the way, pardon my ignorance, mind sharing how many areas of communications are there in Mass Comm?

Thank you
I am currently in the Technology Sector but I used to work within the Multimedia and Communications sector as well way back when I first started working. I have also at one time, taught in universities for both the Multimedia and technology fields. My scope of work now is within policy-making and quasi-governmental organisations as a consultant, that is why i have an in-depth knowledge in the Malaysian Qualifications Industry and the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) as well as the Malaysian Digital Economy Corporation and the Ministry of Science, Technology and Information (MOSTI).

But i am very familiar with the Higher Education Industry as i used to serve as a panel member for accreditation to universities.

Communications in general can be divided into these core fields:
- Advertising
- Broadcast
- Journalism
- Public Relations
- Publishing
- Events Management

If you factor in media as well then the body of knowledge can extend to the arts, humanities and social sciences (according to the MQA programme standards for Communications.) These includes Political Communication, Instructional Communication, Corporate Communications, Media Studies, Religion and Communication and New Media Communication.
TSMasBoleh!
post Dec 12 2017, 12:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,184 posts

QUOTE(joe_toye @ Dec 12 2017, 11:25 AM)
I am currently in the Technology Sector but I used to work within the Multimedia and Communications sector as well way back when I first started working. I have also at one time, taught in universities for both the Multimedia and technology fields. My scope of work now is within policy-making and quasi-governmental organisations as a consultant, that is why i have an in-depth knowledge in the Malaysian Qualifications Industry and the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) as well as the Malaysian Digital Economy Corporation and the Ministry of Science, Technology and Information (MOSTI).

But i am very familiar with the Higher Education Industry as i used to serve as a panel member for accreditation to universities.

Communications in general can be divided into these core fields:
- Advertising
- Broadcast
- Journalism
- Public Relations
- Publishing
- Events Management

If you factor in media as well then the body of knowledge can extend to the arts, humanities and social sciences (according to the MQA programme standards for Communications.) These includes Political Communication, Instructional Communication, Corporate Communications, Media Studies, Religion and Communication and New Media Communication.
Thank you very much for your explanation notworthy.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0121sec    0.20    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:32 AM