Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

External Hard Disk Data Recovery, Looking for a recommendation

views

TSlaitw0819
post Dec 4 2017, 01:59 PM, updated 7y ago

15 posts

Hi all members,

Recently my external hard disk (WD 500 GB) cannot detected when connect to pc/laptop.

After i went to plaza imbi n lowyat, they told me my hard disk read/write head is damaged. If want to get back all the data cost RM 1,400 - RM 1,800.

Anyone can recommend a good place for this with reasonable price.

Also, if lets say i left it and send to data recovery next month or next 2 month, will my data loss or the possibility to recover my data is getting low?

Hope to get some professional opinions as all the data inside my hard disk is very important to me.

Thanks a lot!!!

3rdEdition
post Dec 4 2017, 02:12 PM

Getting Started
210 posts

have u tried changing USB ports, cables and computer? it could be driver issue too.
you can try google the steps to detect ur extHD, then try Recuva to recover ur data.

no idea how rm1400-1800 method but if it's guaranteed, then take it as last resort if all fails.
elazor5243
post Dec 4 2017, 02:50 PM

1 posts

If it is confirmed that the hard disk read/write head is damaged, stop trying all the software recovery stuff as it is a hardware failure rather than software. Also note that data recovery firm know what you have done to the HDD before it is sent to them and charge accordingly as your attempt may cause recovery process more complicated for them.

As for your question above, data wont be lost if you leave it there so it is fine whether you want to sent it next month or next 2 months. My advice is, don't do anything to the hard disk and send it to the professional.

This post has been edited by elazor5243: Dec 4 2017, 02:51 PM
TSlaitw0819
post Dec 4 2017, 03:22 PM

15 posts

QUOTE(elazor5243 @ Dec 4 2017, 02:50 PM)
If it is confirmed that the hard disk read/write head is damaged, stop trying all the software recovery stuff as it is a hardware failure rather than software. Also note that data recovery firm know what you have done to the HDD before it is sent to them and charge accordingly as your attempt may cause recovery process more complicated for them.

As for your question above, data wont be lost if you leave it there so it is fine whether you want to sent it next month or next 2 months. My advice is, don't do anything to the hard disk and send it to the professional.
Thanks for your info. Btw, do u know any reliable shop for data recovery service with reasonable price? Thanks a lot!
TSlaitw0819
post Dec 4 2017, 03:24 PM

15 posts

QUOTE(3rdEdition @ Dec 4 2017, 02:12 PM)
have u tried changing USB ports, cables and computer? it could be driver issue too.
you can try google the steps to detect ur extHD, then try Recuva to recover ur data.

no idea how rm1400-1800 method but if it's guaranteed, then take it as last resort if all fails.
Bro, it's confirmed its read write head damaged, its physical damage, not related to software. And i tried changed cable , USB port and other pc too...anyway thanks.
donald88
post Dec 4 2017, 03:33 PM

Casual
357 posts

Find WD's data recovery partner here -> https://support.wdc.com/warranty/datarecovery.aspx?i
TSlaitw0819
post Dec 4 2017, 05:09 PM

15 posts

QUOTE(donald88 @ Dec 4 2017, 03:33 PM)
Find WD's data recovery partner here -> https://support.wdc.com/warranty/datarecovery.aspx?i
Bro, i believe this have to ship my hard disk to Singapore for the service.

Any recommendation on local (Malaysia) data recovery centre? Thanks.
puifah
post Dec 4 2017, 09:23 PM

Casual
451 posts

if rm1400 - rm1800 can recover back data, I can say is consider cheap already, last few years I got help my friend send 640gb to 1 of the data recovery centre at damansara perdana, they quote me is 4 times of your price
donald88
post Dec 5 2017, 01:08 AM

Casual
357 posts

QUOTE(laitw0819 @ Dec 4 2017, 05:09 PM)
Bro, i believe this have to ship my hard disk to Singapore for the service.

Any recommendation on local (Malaysia) data recovery centre? Thanks.
Maybe this since is warranty safe -> http://www.cbltech.com.my/western-digital-data-recovery/

This post has been edited by donald88: Dec 5 2017, 01:09 AM
donald88
post Dec 5 2017, 01:14 AM

Casual
357 posts

This too since Achieva is WD distributor and warranty claim centre -> http://www.achieva.com.my/en/index.php?opt...id=71&Itemid=44
Prodigius
post Dec 6 2017, 12:21 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(puifah @ Dec 4 2017, 09:23 PM)
if rm1400 - rm1800 can recover back data, I can say is consider cheap already, last few years I got help my friend send 640gb to 1 of the data recovery centre at damansara perdana, they quote me is 4 times of your price
Can pm or share the contact?
puifah
post Dec 6 2017, 12:28 PM

Casual
451 posts

QUOTE(Prodigius @ Dec 6 2017, 12:21 PM)
Can pm or share the contact?
this is their website

http://www.adrc.com.my/malaysia.html
lslizzysmith
post Dec 11 2017, 01:10 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(laitw0819 @ Dec 4 2017, 01:59 PM)
Hi all members,

Recently my external hard disk (WD 500 GB) cannot detected when connect to pc/laptop.

After i went to plaza imbi n lowyat, they told me my hard disk read/write head is damaged. If want to get back all the data cost RM 1,400 - RM 1,800.

Also, if lets say i left it and send to data recovery next month or next 2 month, will my data loss or the possibility to recover my data is getting low?

Hope to get some professional opinions as all the data inside my hard disk is very important to me.

Thanks a lot!!!
Hi, I would like to recommend some fixes to help you out. Read below

Check your drive by inserting it into another PC
Check the data cable with whom you are trying to connect the drive
Check drive in device manager whether it is appearing there if you find your drive in device manager then you can update its driver software to make the drive compatible with PC's operating system.

willwen
post Dec 25 2017, 11:12 AM

32 posts

if got confidential data, will it be safe from prying eyes during recovery service?
matrix green tech
post Jan 22 2018, 01:13 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(laitw0819 @ Dec 4 2017, 01:59 PM)
Hi all members,

Thanks a lot!!!
Hi All Members

Its a good news for plaza lowyaat Dealers.

MATRIX DATA RECOVERY SERVICES. +60163333004

Repair firmware failures of all hard drive brands,
Remove password,
Edit ID, repair bad sectors,
Reset smart,
Image hard drives,
Extract lost files,
Repair common firmware failures by fast solutions,
Recover good heads first and then recover bad heads,
Repair undetected drives,
Repair busy drives,
Repair 0mb or wrong sized hard drives

A local established data recovery center located in Kuala Lumpur since 2007, sole business activity is recovering data files and lost information from total lost contact or inaccessible hard storage devices or even network servers. As a hard drive repair facility that has offered data recovery for more than thousands of hard storage, hundreds of corporate in Malaysia, MATRIX Data Recovery is uniquely qualified to offer data recovery services for data losses caused by various kind of problem or disaster..

schwepc P
post Aug 18 2020, 08:01 PM

Probation
1 posts

Which service did you use at the end? I'm having a similar problem with my seagate hard disk, I can see all my files after doing a deepscan on my mac with a data recovery software but I have to pay a licensing fee to recover them.

Not sure if anyone here manage to recover their data with a good company/vendor in Malaysia?

Thank you.

rubinho14
post Jul 20 2023, 06:11 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(schwepc @ Aug 18 2020, 08:01 PM)
Which service did you use at the end? I'm having a similar problem with my seagate hard disk, I can see all my files after doing a deepscan on my mac with a data recovery software but I have to pay a licensing fee to recover them.

Not sure if anyone here manage to recover their data with a good company/vendor in Malaysia?

Thank you.
Which software you used?
Identities
post Jul 22 2023, 01:24 AM

3 posts

Hey, I have done a few HDD recovery before in the past decade with this place in Kelana Jaya, but sometimes its just casing problem, just gotta change the casing and it's working again.

But for the times that are not the casing problem, I don't remember paying that much for the service probably below RM500 but this are prices within the past decade. My HDD are of the smaller size like 500GB and below.

You can try to bring it to them for diagnosis, they do charge for diagnosis iirc, like maybe RM50-80 bux then you can decide whether you want to proceed with the recovery.

user posted image

hope this helps smile.gif

This post has been edited by Identities: Jul 22 2023, 01:27 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0175sec    0.25    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:15 AM