Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Apple Pencil driving me crazy = alternatives?, Alternatives to apple pencil

views

TSshahgazer
post Dec 3 2017, 10:01 PM, updated 7y ago

5 posts

Hi all,

Recently I bought an Apple Pencil for my Ipad Pro. It's been great especially when taking notes with Notability.

However, things became ugly for the past few days. It won't charge. It got stuck at the 3% level and remained there like forever!

Did the charging via iPad and direct power.. still it is the same.

Reading through the forums online, this seems to be a 'normal' problem.. for me it's a damn expensive problem!

Is there any good alternative for Apple Pencil to use with Ipad Pro? I'm not going to sketch or doing anything fancy with graphics. My main use is taking, writing, doodling notes here and there.

Advice please? Thanks

-Shah-
e_mc_square
post Dec 4 2017, 05:46 PM

Enthusiast
751 posts

How about to go back and have warranty?

But even if you fix the 3% issue. there is another issue waiting for you.

The pencil won't go to sleep and will keep on connect via bluetooth. If you charge to 100% and don't use it. It will continue consume the battery. It is frustrating.

To be honest. The pencil suck big time compare with others in terms of battery life.

shennwuu
post Dec 10 2017, 04:59 PM

Getting Started
183 posts

Actually Apple Pencil will go to rest when you do not need it and it wakes the moment you lift it up. However, it couldn't turn off as it's only go into standby. Even your smartphone will not shutdown everytime you press the power button. Same theory~

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0122sec    0.43    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:50 PM