Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Maxis Slow Internet 4G felted cheated

views

ryder_78
post Jun 8 2018, 08:33 AM

Regular
1,558 posts

QUOTE(acbc @ Jun 8 2018, 08:29 AM)
I paid RM 499 for Maxis Enterprise with 5 lines or average RM 100 per line with 20GB quota per line. These days, the quality of service almost on par with U Mobile. Many areas no coverage or slow 4G. 3G don't bother, either slow or non-responsive.

Each time called Maxis always same answer. Either "no plans to improve area coverage" or "restart device".

I have every telco in my company, u name it. Maxis, yoodo, unifi mobile, U Mobile and DiGi. There other 4 no problems. 4G is fast and stable. Plus, way cheaper than Maxis!

After 2019, will cancel Maxis forever after 20 years as loyal customer.
Damn, looks like Maxis is out. Thanks.

I just created a thread on the Network and Broadband section. For those who have compared most of the plans, please feel free to share. looks like TIME and Unifi are the top 2 service providers that are often recommended.
prettyhunnyeo
post Jul 1 2018, 05:17 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

maxis very slow these days for my area. Want to browse insta and twitter also cannot. I cannot even browse anywhere because speed is too slow. My area 4g and it is even worse than streamyx.
Maxis
post Jul 4 2018, 04:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,705 posts

Hi All,

The network is always our priority concern. If the 4G issue at your location still persist. kindly PM us your details as per below for further assistance.

Name:
Phone number:
Full address of your location:
Nearest landmark: (eg: SMK xxx)
Screenshot of your speed test result.

TQ
ssslayerrr
post Jul 11 2018, 09:10 AM

Enthusiast
791 posts

QUOTE(acbc @ Jun 8 2018, 08:29 AM)
I paid RM 499 for Maxis Enterprise with 5 lines or average RM 100 per line with 20GB quota per line. These days, the quality of service almost on par with U Mobile. Many areas no coverage or slow 4G. 3G don't bother, either slow or non-responsive.

Each time called Maxis always same answer. Either "no plans to improve area coverage" or "restart device".

I have every telco in my company, u name it. Maxis, yoodo, unifi mobile, U Mobile and DiGi. There other 4 no problems. 4G is fast and stable. Plus, way cheaper than Maxis!

After 2019, will cancel Maxis forever after 20 years as loyal customer.
Yeah man, I know what you mean, really terrible now. I can have full signal strength on my phone, 4G, but performance is horrible. Takes up to 15 seconds sometimes for anything to start download, streaming.

The issue seems to be global.

Lodged a report before, 3 addresses, got 3 calls over the next few days saying the issue had been rectified, but performance still lousy.

I couldn't be bothered to complain anymore, no point, just like Celcom.

Speed test is very misleading, just show's the speed when it finally runs. What it doesn't show is that sometimes, it takes up to 15 seconds to connect to a local server.

This post has been edited by ssslayerrr: Jul 11 2018, 09:14 AM
nexona88
post Jul 15 2018, 01:34 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,806 posts

congestion issues getting bad to worse nowadays..
slow loading & speed sucks big time..
it's 4G, but feels like GPRS speed only doh.gif
Maxis
post Jul 15 2018, 04:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,705 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Jul 15 2018, 01:34 PM)
congestion issues getting bad to worse nowadays..
slow loading & speed sucks big time..
it's 4G, but feels like GPRS speed only doh.gif
Hi,

Sorry to hear on your recent network experience and allow us to assist you. Kindly PM us the below details for further assistance.

1. Account Number/Mobile Number:
2. Since when issue occurred:
3. Latest occurrence (date/time):
4. Exact Address:
5. Landmark:
6. Device:
7. Signal strength:
8. Network mode (E/3G/H/H+/4G):
9. Indoors/Outdoors:
10. Speedtest result (screenshot): https://prnt.sc/
11. Alternative contactable number:

TQ
Blu3skyzz
post Sep 17 2018, 04:07 PM

35 posts

QUOTE(Maxis @ Jul 15 2018, 04:08 PM)
Hi,

Sorry to hear on your recent network experience and allow us to assist you. Kindly PM us the below details for further assistance.

1. Account Number/Mobile Number:
2. Since when issue occurred:
3. Latest occurrence (date/time):
4. Exact Address:
5. Landmark:
6. Device:
7. Signal strength:
8. Network mode (E/3G/H/H+/4G):
9. Indoors/Outdoors:
10. Speedtest result (screenshot): https://prnt.sc/
11. Alternative contactable number:

TQ
Hi maxis, i think have about 2 to 3 months your line at my area unstable before a good. Line is full. I always use 4G but it keep change to H a lot of time. It so terrible i cant even play a good game. And sometime internet wont run. Later will pm you those detail u require.

Maxis
post Sep 17 2018, 05:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,705 posts

QUOTE(Blu3skyzz @ Sep 17 2018, 04:07 PM)
Hi maxis, i think have about 2 to 3 months your line at my area unstable before a good. Line is full. I always use 4G but it keep change to H a lot of time. It so terrible i cant even play a good game. And sometime internet wont run. Later will pm you those detail u require.
Tq for the reply. Do reply us the soonest for our onward review on this matter. Tq, Jana
arkana
post Sep 22 2018, 12:53 PM

Getting Started
144 posts

Hi Maxis ... I also encountering bad network connection with all my Maxis line inside my house. Previously Im able to get stable 4G connection but now most of the time only able to connect to H or H+. Kindly look into the matter my current location Putra Heights Subang Jaya. Very frustrating when i pay so much but unabel to connect to 4G for its full potential. MAXIS PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS MATTER URGENTLY
Maxis
post Sep 30 2018, 04:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,705 posts

QUOTE(arkana @ Sep 22 2018, 12:53 PM)
Hi Maxis ... I also encountering bad network connection with all my Maxis line inside my house. Previously Im able to get stable 4G connection but now most of the time only able to connect to H or H+. Kindly look into the matter my current location Putra Heights Subang Jaya. Very frustrating when i pay so much but unabel to connect to 4G for its full potential. MAXIS PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS MATTER URGENTLY
Hi arkana,

We have checked and regret to inform that there are network interruptions in the said location. Do rest assured that our relevant team is in the midst of rectifying it and it is estimate to resolve by 3/10/2018 if there is no hurdles.

Should the issue still persist, do revert back to us for further checking on that location.

Thanks!
yeahs4.1
post Oct 24 2018, 06:18 PM

Audio Freako
2,491 posts

why is the internet speed on my Hotlink prepaid and maxis postpaid are not the same even though both devices are in the same exact location?
fkinmeng
post Oct 25 2018, 08:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,179 posts

QUOTE(yeahs4.1 @ Oct 24 2018, 06:18 PM)
why is the internet speed on my Hotlink prepaid and maxis postpaid are not the same even though both devices are in the same exact location?
always felt that prepaid is way slower as compared to maxis one.
nexona88
post Oct 27 2018, 08:36 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,806 posts

QUOTE(yeahs4.1 @ Oct 24 2018, 06:18 PM)
Oh u also feels the same..
Was thinking only me...

Well I think, postpaid users is more important.. ARPU also higher.. So priorities are given by using the maximum bandwidth available...

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0132sec    0.23    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:34 AM